Print

Author Topic: Jeff's Trump Card  (Read 3298 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: March 27, 2008, 02:21:14 AM »

This won't make perfect sense if you haven't played EarthBound, so I'll ruin it. There's an item called Dragonite (the game predates Pokémon, mind) that, when sprinkled over a character's head, reportedly transforms them into a huge fire-breathing dragon for one turn to deal damage. By the same reasoning, Super Dragonite would...

And that big towering brick man is the Guardian General, a boss in the pyramid of Scaraba. He gives me trouble.

Full size (it's only 253 kb, though 2109x624)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 06:37:03 AM »
That is a really awesome comic, BP. Will there be a color version?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 02:24:12 PM »
Funny. I just finished playing through EB for the first time a few days ago and I never actually used a Bag of Dragonite even though Poo is holding a few.

Still, this is quite cute.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 02:44:15 PM »
How come Ness looks so nervous in the third panel? I would expect Jeff to be the most nervous one even though he's using it.

Funny. I just finished playing through EB for the first time a few days ago and I never actually used a Bag of Dragonite even though Poo is holding a few.
I never used any, either.

Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 08:21:36 PM »
Yes, WarpRattler.

Full size

This took looooooooooooooong. Mostly because of accidental data loss. The background behind the Guardian General is made-up... the one that's behind him in the game is really boring, so I made one more like some of the other trippy backgrounds in the game.

Edit to Max: They're all surprised. Regular Dragonite makes you a huge dragon, so they're expecting the biggest, most insanely powerful dragon ever. They're not expecting it to look the way a Yoshi does.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:28:03 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 11:10:50 PM »
Super Dragon Yellow Yoshi in a tux. Holy sweet awesome. Also, his shoes changed color?

Print