Print

Author Topic: Toad's Diamond Story  (Read 2276 times)

« on: June 10, 2008, 01:13:52 PM »
I had this random idea for a game the other day, and I wanted to see what everyone else thinks of it. The story isn't as well developed as I'd like it to be (since I just thought of it), but I wanted to share anyway.. This is an idea for an actual game I want to create, for the DS. I don't have any sprites or pictures to share just yet, just a few ideas..

Toad has fallen into the recently remodeled Pit of 100 trials. There are diamonds scattered everywhere, and the only way he can get out is to collect enough diamonds in each room or area to open the door to the next one. The game is loosely modeled after the old computer game Chip's Challenge, in which Chip had to collect computer chips in order to clear the room and move on to the next one.

Here are some of the ideas (pictures to come soon, mabey)..

Bandits should replace the Spy enemy.
Chain-Chomps or Pirhana Plants should replace the Teeth enemy.
Cheep-Cheeps or Bloopers to replace the Phantoms.
Spiders or Koopas to replace the Bug.
Goombas to replace the Green Ball enemy.
Mecha-Koopas to replace the Tanks.

P-Switches to replace buttons.
Fire Flower or Super Mushroom to replace the Fire Boots (which let you walk through fires in CC)
Kuribo's Shoe or 1-Up Mushroom to replace the Gravity Boots (walk across Force Floors)
Frog Suit or Mini-Mushroom to replace the Flippers (so you can cross water)
Tanooki Suit to replace Ice Skates (so you can cross ice, and I couldn't think of another item)
?-Blocks to replace the circular Hint blocks.

The level called South Pole could be renamed Ice Land, or there could be "Worlds" that change based on the area Toad is in.

Players control Toad as he attempts to make his escape from the pit. Players can either use the Stylus or the control pad to move Toad, and the DS can switch back and forth between either one with ease (no delay between when you switch, like there is in Animal Crossing).

The top screen holds a map of the level you are in, how much time is remaining, and how many Diamonds you've collected. When you walk across the Hint block, the hint appears on the Top Screen, and the time remaining freezes until you move off of that square.

I am in the process of making sprites for the game and will post here again when I've got a few to show.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 11:25:42 PM »
How about For wiiware? This does sound like a wiiware puzzle game.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 12:32:59 AM »
I looked at the topic title and thought this was going to be about your recent marriage.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print