Print

Author Topic: Wario is such a baby  (Read 9565 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »
If you hit Wario in Mario Kart 64, he will go "Waaaahhhh!"
Hes screaming, not crying. -_-

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »
Wario hasn't appeared in any "major" Mario game since SML2, not even the RPGs, so it seems to me that him and Mario don't see each other that often, except for the spin-off games, and rare instances like SM64 DS, if you consider it canon. Now with his new company and everything, he probably spends a lot of time in the Diamond City area making his games (or rather, forcing his employees to make them). Mario does seem like the kind of person who would forgive Wario for stealing his castle and everything, however, seeing as Wario hasn't done anything nearly as villainous since then, so when Wario is around, he and Mario should get along fairly well.

I'm not very fond of the whole "fanon" concept, if the truth must be told, especially since I'm a "conformist" fan-fiction writer (if that's the right term). I tend to avoid what's already in the games, such as continuity discrepancies. The games are my only source of information, and I don't make up any information Nintendo hasn't revealed to us (my project on this forum is the exception to that last one).
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 08:18:10 PM »
In my Mario Time line, SM64 DS is canon (replacing the first version) and by that time, M&W have patched up.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 11:36:24 PM »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 07:29:38 PM »
some stuff

The problem here is that although the Mario games have continuity, there really is no official canon. There isn't anything that Nintendo says "didn't happen" or "retconned". The reason for this is so us fans can imagine it however we want, which is why "fanon" is the closest thing Mario will ever have to an actual cnon.

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »
Well, yeah, Wario is a baby. And the reason why he's in SM64ds is because of the treasure. Well, that's what the site says.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 10:48:06 PM »
The internet lies. Who knows? Wario could've been in it 'cause Mario jacked his peanut butter.

Seriously, he's in the game because of the castle's treasure? That just sounds too generic and unimaginative (this isn't directed at you, Wii-Player). I think Mario took some embarrassing photos of Wario in women's clothing while he was intoxicated, then threatened to upload them to the internet if Wario didn't help out.

That's just one way of looking at it. Wario's profile on the site was probably typed out by one dude. Who says he's the authority on all things Wario? I mean, it's not like I am either, but whatever.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 11:09:15 PM »
Mario: Went for cake that Peach made for him.
Luigi: Went for Mario's cake, what an annoying little brother.
Wario: Went for Mario's cake, because he's too lazy to bake some himself.
Yoshi: Sleepin' on the roof.

"Helping out?" Nobody knew there'd be adventure involved.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 01:34:08 AM »
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 09:54:59 AM »
IMO, SM64DS is no more canon than Super Mario All-Stars is, just a remake of a previous game. (Not to dis the quality of either)

And if you think about it, SML2 made much more sense than the first, and the gameplay was a lot closer to contemporary Mario titles on the SNES (Super Mario World, SMAS), even if the story was a bit "meh".
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 05:17:59 PM »
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Sqrt2

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 05:53:38 PM »
I think Mario took some embarrassing photos of Wario in women's clothing while he was intoxicated, then threatened to upload them to the internet if Wario didn't help out.

This is truly, truly awesome. :)
AA fanboy and proud!

Print