Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy - Canceling Planet Landings and etc.  (Read 3125 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: January 24, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »
Hey everyone! Sorry that I haven't made any videos for a while; I didn't have my camcorder, but thankfully I got it back. Anyway, this is a video that demonstrates some time saving techniques in Super Mario Galaxy. Some things you'll find in this video are canceling when you land on planets, and canceling ground pounds. Canceling planet landings aren't possible on all planets, though. Without futher ado, here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRZEjh0ooo8&feature=channel_page

Enjoy, and be sure to check out my profile for more cool videos!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 10:25:27 PM »
How exactly do you do that stuff?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 08:51:31 AM »
I say how to do all of those in the video description.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 12:03:10 PM »
That's cool, Kimimaru. I bet the planet canceling technique shaves off some time during those speed runs. And the rapid ground-pound was pretty funny! I didn't know Mario could ground-pound that fast.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:42:58 AM »
Actually, the ground pound was the only one out of those I knew how to do.  I'll have to remember these techniques.  Nice video, Kimimaru.  Also, nice star bit count.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print