Print

Author Topic: Mario video requests - Temporarily closed...  (Read 15007 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 10:27:28 AM »
Bleh, I finished recording FlamingBlueMardio's request (sort of). After one try, I cleared from 1-1 to the end door in roughly 13:15.
However, the graphics glitched all the way through; at 7:00 or so to the point I couldn't tell the pipes from the background.

I could put it on Youtube to prove it, but I don't want it getting bad ratings or getting removed because of the poor quality...

Also, whenever I post the next video, I'm also going to put up a video I have tucked away somewhere of beating the Anti Guys Unit in three turns, at level 18, with 5 HP.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 01:33:57 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 09:00:57 PM »
For the minimal powerups run, at 2:16, you called the level "Chocolate Island 3" when it was actually "Star World 5."  But they were all nicely done, especially Tubular and Cheese Bridge Area.  I had no idea about the anti-gravity Yoshi.  Good job!
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »
Unfortunatly, my PC is having problems and I can't view your videos right now but I'm sure they're great. :) And also, thanks for taking my request for SMB.3. My fastest time was 14:11.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 03:25:05 PM »
For the minimal powerups run, at 2:16, you called the level "Chocolate Island 3" when it was actually "Star World 5." 

Whoops... I was rushing a bit too fast through the title additions apparently...

Unfortunatly, my PC is having problems and I can't view your videos right now but I'm sure they're great. :) And also, thanks for taking my request for SMB.3. My fastest time was 14:11.

I still plan to post it on Youtube, just FYI.  Also, I forgot to mention it, but I went into the door to the Princess at around 13:15, so the credits finished at after 14 minutes.  I consider to the Princess "game over" though.  There were many sub-optimal things in the run, like accidentally slipping off the white block in 1-3, missing the P-Switch in the Fortress, and landing on a pipe (which I couldn't see because of the somewhat garbled graphics) in 8-1, and forgetting to use a P-Wing in 1-3.  Maybe I can eventually perfect the run to under 13 minutes...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »
Oh my god, I read the name of this thread as "Markio video requests".

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 05:20:24 PM »
My PC (laptop) is working well now. And I saw all of your videos. Great job!

And yeah, I started timing myself (in SMB.3) when I entered the first stage. Then I stopped when I entered the door where Peach was. Also, you don't have to use the P-wing for w1-3. I just found it easier when I used a P-Wing and did it that way. But it's optional.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 05:30:10 PM »
Actually, can you cancel my request? I was joking. But in a more serious manner, I think that you should put together a movie showing you how to go underground (as in, the underground glitch) in every level (where its possible) in SMS.

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 02:30:48 PM »
Actually, can you cancel my request? I was joking. But in a more serious manner, I think that you should put together a movie showing you how to go underground (as in, the underground glitch) in every level (where its possible) in SMS.

I don't own Super Mario Sunshine, and frankly, I'm horrible at it. Sorry... :(

Also, if the SMB3 video survives HyperCam and my video editor, it should be up by tomorrow evening. The Paper Mario one (not requested) will definitely be up then.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 03:09:52 PM »
I still need to figure out how to consistently do the manhole glitch in SMS.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »
OK, HyperCam got me through the short Paper Mario battle, but just died on me trying to record the SMB3 speedrun. (It lengthened it by 90 seconds - ???) I have a fairly clean DVD copy of each, does anyone have a better alternative to getting DVD content into .avi or .mpg format? Otherwise, I might need to put a time limit of roughly 3 minutes on further requests.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 03:43:59 PM »
I haven't done it in a while, but I think you should be able to rip it with DVD Decrypter and convert it with WinFF. If you have Windows, at least.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:01:59 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 09:51:07 PM »
OK, HyperCam got me through the short Paper Mario battle, but just died on me trying to record the SMB3 speedrun. (It lengthened it by 90 seconds - ???) I have a fairly clean DVD copy of each, does anyone have a better alternative to getting DVD content into .avi or .mpg format? Otherwise, I might need to put a time limit of roughly 3 minutes on further requests.

If you somehow get the DVD file onto your computer, you can go to Media Converter and convert the file into a more desirable file.
Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 12:02:16 PM »
If you somehow get the DVD file onto your computer, you can go to Media Converter and convert the file into a more desirable file.

Getting it into a file is the issue. The conversion I can figure out somehow, thanks anyway.

I haven't done it in a while, but I think you should be able to rip it with DVD Decrypter and convert it with WinFF. If you have Windows, at least.

I'll look into that, thank you.

Meanwhile, until I get FBM's video up, requests are closed. However, I did get the Paper Mario video up, see it here:

Paper Mario: Anti-Guys Unit with 5 HP, no Life Shrooms:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2TI8r6RRPw&feature=channel_page

Read the description for details about how I did it.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 02:51:31 PM »
Good job on the video!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 04:01:19 PM »
Yeah, great job! I got a little nervous when Your HP fell to 2! But, you did it. I never fought the Anti-Guys at that location...were you in Bowser's Keep?

Print