Print

Author Topic: TMK Group Therapy  (Read 6786 times)

« on: March 25, 2010, 01:14:27 PM »
I've created this thread because of a trend I've been noticing around the general chat vecinity the past couple years.  So I thought "Why not try to tie members collective data and input into one thread on TMK?"...... Since everyone seems to major in psychology here.  This is just a thread where you can talk about your problems, self-analyze, or analyze others. (in a constructive way of course)

I guess I could say my plan for this thread is to become mother thread to various sister threads such as Confess!, Wacko Dreams, etc.

I'll start.

Loneliness

This psycological term has yet to cease sparking my curiousity for some time now.  It is such a broad term and emotion for anyone in life.

I guess I'll start off with the dictionary deffinition of Loneliness.

lone·ly   /ˈloʊnli/  [lohn-lee] –adjective,-li·er, -li·est.

1.affected with, characterized by, or causing a depressing feeling of being alone; lonesome.
2.destitute of sympathetic or friendly companionship, intercourse, support, etc.: a lonely exile.
3.lone; solitary; without company; companionless.
4.remote from places of human habitation; desolate; unfrequented; bleak: a lonely road.
5.standing apart; isolated: a lonely tower.

This term means a lot to me, not only because I feel alone or am alone.  But because I feel I subject myself to this at times.  It makes me wonder if doing this to myself is hinduring my social skills.  Like the other day I had Orientation at Old Navy because I've just started working there and that was my first day.  I sat there watching the video and began asking myself if I was still able to function like a normal human being in society.  These people seemed so different, so alien, so unreal at times.

I don't think I've ever felt so different or out of place, even though they are a company established on the basis that catour to the induvidual.

Sometimes I think being alienated from people and doing drugs has diminished my ability to connect or simpathize with anyone on a personal level.

Its often hard for me to feel bad about anything or sometimes happy about anything, I just feel emotionally drained like a robot or something.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 01:18:03 PM by superstarMASIAH »
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 04:13:30 AM »
Get some friends. There, problem solved.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:26:15 PM by TLW »
:D

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 01:35:38 PM »
omg tlw are funnay
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 10:29:53 AM »
Using the internet for "group therapy" is super counter productive. Cease using the internet for any and all social function and force yourself to interact with people in real life as much as possible.

1. You have a job, be friendly (but not a spaz) and make small talk with coworkers, don't let yourself act withdrawn and brooding.
2. Look up local clubs or organizations in your area that are centered around something you are interested in. Such things can be found on college campuses or local community centers.
3. If you feel sorry for yourself you are only going to exacerbate the problem. You have to realize that no one can really help you but yourself. You have no right to rely on the rest of the world to care about you and save you from your loneliness. If you rotted away and died the world would not blink, this is a fact you have to come to accept. Make yourself realize that you have to be your own reason to want to exist and be happy.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 11:14:19 AM »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 05:07:41 PM »
I smiled.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 05:28:27 PM »
Nenson's post and Brian's reaction illustrate the extent to which online "therapy" can be effective.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 01:12:18 PM »
Not as good as an idea as I thought it would be.  Honestly I don't spend a lot of my time talking to people on line.  Certainly not as much as most here.

I've got friends, probably more than one person needs.  I was just trying to create a solution for all the people who think they know everything, about social life, the way people work, etc.

It's been bothering me a lot lately.  And now I can see people aren't the experts they originally perceived themselves to be.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 03:28:37 PM »
To be fair, I doubt any member who has posted in this thread thus far has ever claimed to "know everything, about social life" and so on.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 04:45:46 PM »
The exact opposite, in fact.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 06:08:47 PM »
Same here. At least I have a girlfriend, though. But she's only slightly less socially inept than me.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 11:17:02 PM »
I have one real fantasy girlfriend and one fake fantasy girlfriend, so that should tell you how qualified I am.

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 10:36:51 AM »
To be fair, I doubt any member who has posted in this thread thus far has ever claimed to "know everything, about social life" and so on.
To be fair, I didn't mean anyone ever did.  Its just the general attitude I get when I'm here, and since I've been here.  And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 05:21:24 PM »
girlfriend
girlfriend
girlfriend

Girls actually dare each other to touch my stomach. After doing so, the unlucky soul flees back to her respective clique while squealing in terror and disgust.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 11:16:59 PM »
I've been called "badass" by about three different girls, and... yeah.

Print