Print

Author Topic: Will there ever be another mailbag?  (Read 25371 times)

« on: January 04, 2015, 09:20:10 PM »
I'm not asking for a weekly schedule again, but it's been OVER TWO YEARS.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 10:27:40 PM »
Do we still get people emailing in who think Deezer is Nintendo? Those letters were always fun.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 10:10:31 PM »
There's a good chance there will be another one. First we need more letters!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 08:54:36 AM »
Man, the well has run more dry than I thought. ._.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 08:57:17 AM »
*Koopaslaya gets ready to send an email to the mailbag.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 05:23:10 PM »
I remember reading the one where LD got fired. And sending in some really dumb emails. The first one tagged "Austin" here is me.

Good times...
Relics.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 01:11:51 PM »
My favorite mailbag thing is still Wachibi and Watuna, and how people kept writing in for months thinking they were real.

I had my dumb emails in the mailbag multiple times, and looking back at this one from 2002 amused me:

Quote from: when i was like eleven dont judge me
1. Do you know Miyamoto's e-mail address?
2. Do you think this quote is funny?: "I just hope Mario doesn't go into any sewers --- he wearing my good dress!" - Peach
3. Do you think Sonic and Mario will ever be in the same (licensed) game?
4. Do you think Nintendo will make a port of SM64 for the next Game Boy?
5. Do I say "Do" too much?
6. If Nintendo does port SM64 to the GBX, maybe they'll tell us how to get Luigi.
7. Do you like to watch C-SPAN?
- Adamario
DavidDayton: 1) No. 2) Heheh. 3) Probably not. 4) Not for the GB, but I'm thinking a port to the GC might be likely. 6) Yeah, right.

7 was a reference to NC that David didn't even dignify with a response, but more importantly: I was right! Mario and Sonic have been in I think seven games together now, and Mario 64 with Luigi in it was the launch title for the handheld after the GBA! In your face, Dayton!

Also this:

Quote from: crovax1337
One person said that Mario and Luigi cannot be twins because Mario is older. Not true! To be twins all that has to happen is that both babies come from one egg... or something like that. My dad is one year older than my aunt and they are still twins. Maybe you can get Mushroom Boy to ask Mario Sr.?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 03:32:37 PM »
Mario is older than Luigi by exactly one game. He popped out of the Stork's mailbag at the beginning of Yoshi's Island, while Luigi didn't until the end.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 03:39:42 PM »
They were scheduled to be delivered at the same time, though, which implies that they were created at the same time (do the Storks make the babies somehow? Are they created by the stars?). How precisely do we define birth and age in a universe without uteruses?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 03:41:20 PM »
I just took "being born" to mean "being let out of the bag".

And since babies are a gift from heaven, they're probably created in whatever Mario World's equivalent of heaven is supposed to be. (Star Haven? Some other place in the cosmos?)

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 05:31:12 PM »
Having fathered twins, I can say one is definitely older than the other one, if only by minutes/seconds. If YI is a euphemism for real life events, Mario is older because because he came out of the bag first (euphemism: Mario was the first one pulled out during a C-section or the first one down the.. birth canal). (sorry if that was tmi)

I am also going to assume babies in Mario's world are created somewhere in the heavens. Star Haven, or even the Comet Observatory would be good places I guess.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 06:03:05 PM »
I didn't mention the Comet Observatory because that's really the birthplace of celestial bodies, not people. :P

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 08:11:44 PM »
[Some sort of comment about Rosalina playing off "celestial bodies"]
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 08:55:46 PM »
Isn't that more ShadowBrain or Weegee's territory? :P

CrossEyed7

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 09:13:11 PM »
Star Haven (or thereabouts) gets my vote. A couple (and maybe also single parents and polyamorous arrangements?) wishes/prays to the Star Road for a baby, the wish is granted by the power of the Star Rod, and the storks fly down from the stars to deliver the magically created babies.

But now I'm thinking, are the Star Spirits (Eldstar et al, Twink, Geno) only deities for the Mushroom Planet? There's precedent for tiny local suns (SMB3 Angry Sun and the Flower Fields Sun in Paper Mario), so maybe the Star Spirits are kind of like that. That could explain how the theology of Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy can work together -- Rosalina creates the stars and planets and then she backs off and lets planetary deities take over. (Did Rosalina create any planets where sex exists?) (maybe this should be moved to the silly mario fan theories thread)

Print