Print

Author Topic: Mario Bar  (Read 678743 times)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2520 on: February 16, 2005, 05:07:13 PM »
The square root of this page number is 13.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2521 on: February 16, 2005, 06:09:05 PM »
And that last post from me (my 1337th post) is the 2525th post in this topic.

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2522 on: February 16, 2005, 06:45:31 PM »
...And this is my post #1313...

Freaky.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2523 on: February 17, 2005, 11:54:38 AM »
That means you have #1337 comin' soon, too. Be on the 10Ø|<ø∪7!

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2524 on: February 17, 2005, 10:01:41 PM »
...I'll make it a point to double-post through that number.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #2525 on: February 19, 2005, 10:11:45 PM »
*LOL* That 1337 stuff really cracks me up. I wish I knew how to actually make words like that.

By the way, what exactly does 1337 mean?
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2526 on: February 19, 2005, 10:46:14 PM »
It doesn't mean anything in itself, it's like hamma lamma ding-dong, or yvan eht nioj.  Excuse me, I have the sudden urge to enlist in the navy...

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2527 on: February 20, 2005, 12:26:36 AM »
1337 means leet, which is a slanged version of "elite."

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #2528 on: February 20, 2005, 12:51:13 PM »
hihihihihihihihihihihihi

--------------------
"I''m singing to a monster in midair! I''m singing to a monster in midair!" -Sheen in Jimmy Neutron: Attack of the Twonkies
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #2529 on: February 20, 2005, 02:07:50 PM »
I'm very excited, because look what one of my friends got for his birthday: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Duthek/ddr.jpg

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2530 on: February 20, 2005, 04:28:38 PM »
Whoa, fancy. The real deal! Err, real equipment, anyway. I don't know if it was a great deal or not.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2531 on: February 20, 2005, 05:26:23 PM »
How would you wrap a Dance Revolution?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2532 on: February 20, 2005, 08:31:07 PM »
Neato.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2533 on: March 08, 2005, 12:15:18 PM »
People who question Apple or hate Macs would have had a ball in my Japanese class this morning. The instructor is a Mac user, but although she is a very nice American who really knows her Japanese, she seems to be a bit inept with computers. Even Apple's ease-of-use philosophy cannot abate her minor havoc-wreaking, and she runs into many troubles when giving her computer-run presentations in class. Incidentally 90–100% of her problems occur within either Microsoft Word or Microsoft PowerPoint, but I won't go into that aspect.

Today she was telling us about how she had to reboot her PowerBook four times this morning, and she even did so once during class. With all of her "Now this isn't working" remarks and her Mac-operating shortcomings, she made Macs look like embarrassingly awful computers. I was embarrassed sitting there, to be very honest.

Even though UW has an unusually large population of Mac users, I'm sure that the majority still stands by Microsoft, and there were certainly some softened jeers as my instructor unwittingly assaulted the Mac image. It was bad.

A guy sitting near me said, half to himself, "That's because Macs suck!" as his iPod lay on the table in front of him staring innocently at the ceiling.

That was too much for me. "But you're using a Mac!" I said as I pointed to the iPod.

"Well . . . it's an iPod," was his response with a shrug.

I became indignant at that and ended the conversation because I knew that it would never go anywhere. Although a Mac is computer and an iPod is a music player, my point was quite clear. Both are Apple hardware running Apple software, which is exactly the combination of things that he was meaning to insult. There seemed to me to be just too much contradiction to justify his calling out insults.

We all hold contradictions, I guess, so I really have no right to point out this guy's in particular. For some reason the disputes over computer/gaming companies just matter to me a lot. The closest thing I have to a contradiction in that area (of which I'm aware) is not caring for the PlayStation while still liking Sony as a company. All I really dislike about the PSX/2 hardware is the controller design—otherwise it's just the nasty GTA and other games that make me squirm. And I don't think Sony is responsible for making those.

I do strongly dislike Xbox, but that stems from my distaste for the company that created it. So I don't really see a contradiction there, either. In all these debates over computers and gaming consoles and whatnot, since I am involved in them to some extent, I try to be consistent. But it's all so dumb, anyway, that I'm not sure it makes any difference.

The only comfort I can find in all of this is that none of it actually matters. Thank goodness.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2534 on: March 08, 2005, 12:39:50 PM »
I find it funny that people talk about computers on a computer.  It's like calling someone and saying, "This phone has great roaming abilities!  What phone are you on?"

I don't have an ipod, or know why people want them.  The radio has plenty of songs, and if you want to listen to your favorite band, you can play a CD.  If you only like one of their songs, you can download that one song with other favorites onto blank CDs.  If you really feel the need to listen to 180 songs while you're somewhere else, then that's the only reason I can think of having an ipod, which sounds pretty weird, I must say.

Print