Print

Author Topic: Mario Bar  (Read 678752 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2550 on: March 25, 2005, 08:05:44 PM »
>> I was reading a post linked to in the chat room, and I felt compelled to say this: I am so grateful that these forums do not have a built-in quoting function. Such a thing would destroy this place.

>Yeah.

I totally agree.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 3/25/2005 6:06:17 PM

That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2551 on: April 02, 2005, 09:43:34 PM »
>>> I was reading a post linked to in the chat room, and I felt compelled to say this: I am so grateful that these forums do not have a built-in quoting function. Such a thing would destroy this place.

>> Yeah.

> I totally agree.

Whoa, I never noticed your replies! Thanks for the support! ;P

I came in here to report some shopping that I did today. Unlike Lizard Dude, though, today is nowhere near my birthday, and I spent a lot more than $6.28.

First of all, I made the half-mistake, half-score of finally buying G.S.M. Nintendo 2 – Game Boy Music. I've been waiting for this album to show up on eBay for about three years now (yes, since before I even registered at these forums), and now that it finally did, I didn't feel I could pass up the opportunity. Unfortunately, it came at great cost, as you can see, and I feel kind of guilty about that in this time when I'm not supposed to be spending any money. Perhaps I felt justified in buying it because I've been waiting for this album since before I started studying Japanese, before I wanted to go to Japan, before I wanted to attend a game music concert, and before I  met any of you. But really—does any of that matter? Probably not. :|

The other shopping I did today I thankfully did not have to pay for myself. I was in need of some new clothes, so I went to the oh-so-fun mall with my parents to attempt to find some. I'm one of those people who absolutely dreads clothes shopping, and it usually takes between just 1½ and 3 seconds after entering a clothing store before the desire to leave wells up inside of me to bursting. Without the emotional and financial support of my parents, I would probably stop buying clothes forever. :D

Today was a little different than usual, however. After finding almost nothing at The Bon Marché/Bon-Macy's/★ Macy*s, we went to JCPenney. Astoundingly, they actually had some stuff that I wanted—so much so that I got a little excited and ran around the store looking for more. I've never seen such cool stuff in a regular old clothing store before (not that I like the weird clothing stores any better)! When warm times come around again, I'll be able to do the impossible and wear non-blank T-shirts without advertising dumb clothing companies that I don't care about. Wahoo!

I saved the best for last. Is that cool or what?!

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2552 on: April 02, 2005, 10:28:30 PM »
>>>> I was reading a post linked to in the chat room, and I felt compelled to say this: I am so grateful that these forums do not have a built-in quoting function. Such a thing would destroy this place.

>>> Yeah.

>> I totally agree.

> Whoa, I never noticed your replies! Thanks for the support! ;P

Wow.  We should all start quoting like this.  It will be so awesome to have to scroll all the way to the bottom of a page to see the new message.  We should also start using more things like BTW, OMG, IMHO, and make a few up just for fun.  

BTW, I bought several Nintendo clothing products from my local JCPenny before Christmas.  I bought a large red hoodie that had the Nintendo logo on the front.  The hood was too small for me so that when I wore it I looked like that kid from south park.  So, I gave it to my wife and bought a larger size.  The hood was still small like the other one.  I also bought several Nintendo t-shirts.  I don't remember which I purchased when or where, but I now have:

- white w/ red collar and sleeve heems and Mario holding a large mushroom up

- a bright green old school Zelda shirt with Link on the front

- a darker green Zelda shirt

- a Double-Dash shirt with nothing on the front (I forget what's on the back because I loaned it to another teacher and haven't got it back yet)

- the red hoodie I mentioned earlier

- a reflective black and silver/gray Nintendo DS v-neck shirt

- and some other shirt that I can't think of at the moment

I don't have any cool pictures of me in any of the clothing like Watoad posted.  Maybe a picture of me like the South Park guy (Kenny?) would be cool.

Edit: Added a return.

Edited by - Luigison on 4/2/2005 8:38:07 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2553 on: April 02, 2005, 11:02:28 PM »
Watoad, I am so jealous of your face, except your mandibles and brow line.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2554 on: April 02, 2005, 11:17:20 PM »
>>>>> I was reading a post linked to in the chat room, and I felt compelled to say this: I am so grateful that these forums do not have a built-in quoting function. Such a thing would destroy this place.

>>>> Yeah.

>>> I totally agree.

>> Whoa, I never noticed your replies! Thanks for the support! ;P

> Wow. We should all start quoting like this. It will be so awesome to have to scroll all the way to the bottom of a page to see the new message. We should also start using more things like BTW, OMG, IMHO, and make a few up just for fun. </sarcasm>

BTW, I bought several Nintendo clothing products from my local JCPenny before Christmas. I bought a large red hoodie that had the Nintendo logo on the front. The hood was too small for me so that when I wore it I looked like that kid from south park. So, I gave it to my wife and bought a larger size. The hood was still small like the other one. I also bought several Nintendo t-shirts. I don't remember which I purchased when or where, but I now have:

- white w/ red collar and sleeve heems and Mario holding a large mushroom up

- a bright green old school Zelda shirt with Link on the front

- a darker green Zelda shirt

- a Double-Dash shirt with nothing on the front (I forget what's on the back because I loaned it to another teacher and haven't got it back yet)

- the red hoodie I mentioned earlier

- a reflective black and silver/gray Nintendo DS v-neck shirt

- and some other shirt that I can't think of at the moment

I don't have any cool pictures of me in any of the clothing like Watoad posted. Maybe a picture of me like the South Park guy (Kenny?) would be cool.

Edit: Added a return.

Yes, you totally should, Luigison! The only pic we have of you is this:

It's about time you gave us something a little more recent, don't you think? ;)

> Watoad, I am so jealous of your face, except your mandibles and brow line.

Um, thanks?

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

« Reply #2555 on: April 03, 2005, 01:33:35 AM »
> Watoad, I am so jealous of your face, except your mandibles and brow line.

Wahahaha! Best compliment I've ever seen.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2556 on: April 03, 2005, 01:54:40 PM »
I still don't get it. Maybe that's what I get for not being on my own special list.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2557 on: April 03, 2005, 02:06:32 PM »
That doesn't leave much.

Edit:  Actually there is some of the lower brow and upper mandible in that image.  I should cut it down some more, but you get the "picture".

Edited by - Luigison on 4/3/2005 1:15:13 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2558 on: April 03, 2005, 03:11:10 PM »
Watoad, where do you get all those fantastically awesome shirts?  I know a friend who has the one of Mario and Luigi running from the bob omb.
EDIT:  I just read your post again.  JC Penney, huh?
I''ve said my piece, now I''m off to some hardcore SSBM action!

Edited by - Jman on 4/3/2005 2:13:42 PM
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2559 on: April 03, 2005, 07:16:23 PM »
Ah, I get it, Luigison. Thanks for the sweet visual explanation! I look really nice in it. Nice ’n’ ugly! XP

I saved that small, bitmap portion of my face to my hard drive. It's just so weird. So ugly. So cool . . .

Basically, then, Markio really likes my nose. Yay! I guess all that WarioWare: Touched! payed off—not that I was sticking the styli up my nose, but that the game has an indisputable authority in nasalogistics.

Yep, Jman, I was surprised, too. Previously the only store in which I had seen Mario clothing was Hot Topic, the threshold of which I don't particularly enjoy crossing. Even better, though, is that the shirts were on buy-one-get-one-free sale.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2560 on: April 03, 2005, 10:55:32 PM »
Say, Watoad, I have that t-shirt with the Bob-omb chasing the brothers.

I was in Seattle yesterday, if you hadn't heard already. I visited the Boeing Museum of Flight and went sight-seeing before going to an Embassy Suites. I love Embassy Suites, and this one had the best type of chocolate milk at their breakfast! Colfax! It's the best. Unfortuately, their pool stunk and I read Destination: Void for the majority of the time I was there.

The museum of flight was great. I'll have a Unmotion Picture about it soon, and curious people will find that I have the lead roll in it. The only other person seen a lot is my odd, loud, and Napoleonish brother. He doesn't look too much like me.

"What? A half-gallon already?"

Edited by - Suffix on 4/3/2005 9:59:15 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2561 on: April 04, 2005, 11:55:03 PM »
Cool. Did you find it at the same store?

What?! You were in Seattle on Saturday?! Why didn't you tell me? (If you had, then I would have heard. :P) Saturday is actually the only day I wasn't in Seattle, as you can see from the Saturday-shot pics of me wearing Mario shirts in a kitchen that is not in Seattle. But oh well.

The weird thing is that you and/or I may have gone past each other on I-5 somewhere in the course of your trip. At one point I may have been within a few miles or even a few yards of another Fungi Forums member. Weird!!

When did you come up and go back down? I'm curious to know roughly how close we got to each other.

My family has been to that museum, but I didn't (get to) go for some reason that I don't remember. I have stayed in an Embassy Suites before, though, and I would agree that they're a lot of fun. Maybe even my favorite hotel chain so far.

*looks forward to Unmotion Picture*

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2562 on: April 05, 2005, 07:02:39 PM »
My DVD cam requires a disc to be finalized to get the pics onto my computer(I'm not going to use a whole DVD for a few pics), and I couldn't get my camera phone connection to the new computer to work, so here are some slightly older pictures from my phone:

Bros. Sign

I couldn't find a pic of my hand for the "Take a picture of your hand" thread, so here's a pic of my bros hand.  He didn't want the picture taken and may be showing me a sign to say so.

Python

I had one of my students wear my "special hat" and pose "lookin' in a bag" for this one.  Notice the "dead" guy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My cat, Panda likes most high places.  Since he's fall about a month ago he doen't get up there anymore.  He still walks all over the neighborhood across peoples roofs.

Here's a pic of some guy with three less teeth.  Notice what's in his hands.  There's also my other cat, Cali, who hates high places, noise, movement, cars, most people, etc.  She likes being in mine or my wife's lap otherwise she mostly stays on the bed.  She does't go out much since she had been missing for over a month from our old house.

I'll try to take some better pics of "me and my hand" later.

EDIT: he's -> his

Edited by - Luigison on 4/5/2005 6:11:44 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2563 on: April 05, 2005, 07:34:00 PM »
Luigison, if the dude in that neat last pic is really you, then you have a cool hairstyle.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2564 on: April 05, 2005, 07:41:31 PM »
That's an "I woke up feeling like <insert foul image here> and didn't wash my hair or shave" style.  I didn't feel very "cool" that day.  I normally have some pretty bad cow-licks, but that day I felt more like the dirt the cows <insert foul image here> upon.

If it looks like a duck...

Edited by - Luigison on 4/5/2005 6:44:11 PM

Print