Print

Author Topic: Prepare for war.......  (Read 10744 times)

« on: September 10, 2002, 05:46:27 PM »
I sent a local scout to see TUNMB, and they are plotting war against us! But beware......although we have about the same amount of posting men, our bases(the Fungi Forums) are very outdated(in terms of war, we only have rifles and low-quality tanks, while they have A-bombs) and our men are not well trained {we only have 1 general(Deezer), and he's practically retired}.

They can easily defeat us unless we are well prepared, as they have around 5 generals, and their boards are well defended.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2002, 05:54:43 PM »

All I have to say.

(I must be the only one that is unbiased towards either board. Hmmmmmph...)

I am the Diet Cola of forum cynics: Just one calorie; not enough...
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2002, 05:57:41 PM »
I don't get it. I don't even care about TUNMB. The Unknowingly Napalm-like Mario Board.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/10/2002 4:58:32 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2002, 05:57:45 PM »
.... its a board, they cant effect us, your being stupid, look i know u like to pretend but most of us here do not like having there boards filled with junk like this, please no one else repley to this, it will just cuase pain and suffering and just well boringness so in 3... 2... 1... and its gone....
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2002, 05:58:54 PM »
WHAT!
We replied at the same time!

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2002, 05:59:08 PM »
I don't see how this topic is "providing boringness".

!!!TAKEN AWAY!!! -- You happy?

Like my new sig? Heh heh heh

I am not a people person. In fact, I`m more of an anti-people person.

Edited by - Insane Steve on 9/10/2002 7:46:59 PM
~I.S.~

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2002, 06:06:59 PM »
Wow....20 minutes and I get 5 posts....

I guess then none of you care that TUNMB wants to destroy TMK.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2002, 06:11:46 PM »
*sigh* I'll see if I can stop them.

~I.S.~

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2002, 07:36:42 PM »
hmm... u know who i am, good then u have learned how to read. Newbie. i have been here longer then u. i may have left for a while, but ask frostbite and he will say i have been here a lot longer then u!
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2002, 07:52:11 PM »
I've been here for a long time as *~*StArMaN*~*!
Check the older forums and you will see I have posted some of them.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2002, 08:45:38 PM »
I guess you AREN'T who I thought you were. There is someone on another board who types similarly to you and has a semi-similar name.

Hmmmmph. I only thought you were someone else, O Brazen One. Hmmm, call me a newbie why don't you? Newbieness is NOT determined by time spent here alone. I can easily believe that you have been here longer than me. I can believe a lot of people have. However, it appears I have almost 3 times as many posts as you. What does this mean? Nothing really, just don't be so.... brazen. I would have prefered cynicism, but that was too much like sarcasm.

"Sarcasm is the attack of the weak to attempt to hurt the weaker."
~~Anon.

Of course, I feel dumb for my (wrong)comment. I am not flaming you. However, I do NOT wish to be called a newbie by anyone. Newbie signifies unknowingness, and worst of all, STUPIDITY. I AM NOT STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for all the !s. But I cannot stand my intelligence be insulted, for it is the only thing I have.

PS: I do not want ANY crap from ANY OF YOU about what I typed. And if you are too full of yourselves to take it seriously, so be it.

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2002, 10:24:02 PM »
Hmm... I must have missed something...

That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2002, 03:34:11 PM »
!!!!!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2002, 02:21:39 PM »
look, i'm from TUNMB, as most of you know
while i do NOT like seeing it being spoken ill of, i would rather not have war
in fact, if TMK went to war, i would hope it to be a revolution for the ppl's benefit

i used to come here, this used to be 'the nintendo place'
now, i believe TUNMB is it

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2002, 10:14:40 PM »
Ok, I must be the only person who visits and is active daily on both boards, so here is my full and complete synopsis:

TMK +s

More members signed up
Simple forum design
Less spam topics
Relativly few pop-up ads

TMK -s
Less active members (Believe it or not, you'd be hard-pressed to find 10-15 that post on General Mario Chat. I might be able to do it, but it would require thought. I am tired.)
Slow loading times (For me anyway)
The fact I can't figure out the HTML trick. I even copy-pasted a post someone else made using HTML and it didn't work. Hmmmmm...
Relativly inactive Moderators

TUNMB +s
More topics updated daily
More moderators (I even moderate one of the boards)
It isn't just Mario. (This is a BIG thing for me, but for some others...)
No flaming! At least not internally on the board, anyway.

TUNMB -s
Not that many members (less than 100)
Ratings system based solely on post count (Encourages spamming)
Confusing board layout! Too many individual forums.
The severe and overly strict rules. (To prove this: I put up an avatar today which was a sign reading: "No tresspassing. Violators will be shot. Survivors will be shot again." and it may be deemed to objectable to use. Obviously SOMEONE doesn't watch the news at all...)

There you have it. They both have major strengths and weaknesses, and therefore neither board makes me want to leave the other. Therefore, I am wholly AGAINST any kind of war. I don't wish to be in trouble due to my neutrality.

Thank you, that is, if you read that whole thing. I hope you all consider it so that nothing bad happens between the 2 sites.

The people of TUNMB should really STOP advertising on TMK. They don't need ads for another site. You said it once; it was locked.

The TMK people should respect (Or attempt to respect) the fact that several of the members prefer TUNMB. Of course, they shouldn't advertise the site.

NOTE: In no way am I advertising or advocating either site. I am stating my neutral opinions and my discontent for the idea of a stupid war. Real wars are stupid, and often futile (The one exception was WWII.) Site wars are the same way.

I respect your post. As long as you don''t insult my intelligence in it.
~I.S.~

Print