Print

Author Topic: No more Perceft Dark on GC anymore..  (Read 4081 times)

RPG

« on: October 07, 2002, 04:25:36 PM »
Why MS brought from Rare when Nintendo stock are down???

I can't play Perceft Dark on Gamecube and D.K. must be at Microsoft of XBOX.
Paul Bateson

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2002, 09:56:23 PM »
What?
I don't even care about the Rare buyout.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2002, 10:04:35 AM »
How could you not care about Rare leaving Nintendo if they created one of the most beloved franchises starring Donkey Kong - the Donkey Kong Country series...

Add to that the enormous success of GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, (and now) STARFOX ADVENTURES! ...the list goes on and on...

Rare was one of the biggest developers Nintendo had working with them. Now that Rare is with Microsoft (which isn't neccessarily a bad thing), Nintendo games just won't be the same anymore...
---

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 10/8/2002 9:05:40 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

RPG

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2002, 11:19:51 AM »
I'm very angry. Because Perceft Dark won't make for GC anymore after take over to XBOX.
Paul Bateson

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2002, 12:57:42 PM »
Oooh!

"Boo hoo, I'm a poor person. I can't play Rare games because I'm too cheap to buy an X-Box!"

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #4:

Mom: I hear we’re going to war with Iraq.
Frostbite: So what? Iraq’s like a mile across. I could run across Iraq in ten minutes!
Sister: No Danny, that’s Iran!
[Both laugh]
Frostbite: Oh, I gotta write that down!
Sister: Yeah!
Frostbite: I ran across Iraq!
[Both laugh]

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2002, 11:56:39 PM »
You actually LIKE XBox?!
Yeah, I guess it's too bad they left, because SFA is one of the best games I've ever played...

That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2002, 05:07:08 AM »
No, I don't like X-Box, but I like Rare, so I have to get an X-Box to play their games. Simple enough, no?

-------

Frostbite: So what? Iraq’s like a mile across. I could run across Iraq in ten minutes!
[Both laugh]
[Both laugh]

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2002, 06:29:59 AM »
Good point frostbite. I guess this was a clever move by Microsoft to take over Rare - because plenty of people loved Rare games when they were on Nintendo systems... Microsoft thinks this new strategy will bring more people to the Xbox because of the fact Rare is with them now!

I have to give credit to Microsoft - they have a good taste in videogames! Let's just hope that the new Rare games on Xbox are just as good as the classic Nintendo ones...

Hell, even I'm convinced as ever to buy an Xbox! But don't get me wrong, I still LOVE Nintendo. I might just buy both an Xbox and a 'Cube just to play Rare and Nintendo games!
---

Woo-hoo! It's-a me, Mario!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2002, 11:41:25 PM »
Well, I can see that... if you have that much extra dough.
Ok, I'm sad because Rare won't make another Starfox Adventures game... which probably means no more Krystal... who I thought brought a much needed element to the game... Of course, if not for it being Starfox, I probably never would have touched the greatness that is Dinosaur Planet. Still, Prefect Dark is dumb, as is most of their stuff outside the DK games.
Actually, I guess really the only reason I like Rare at all is because of DKC and SFA. But who knows, I might like XBox more because of Rare... but frostbite, didn't you say that Rare would still make games for Nintendo? Or was that just speculation?

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2002, 11:45:12 PM »
Ah well, maybe they'll work out a way to get Krystal to the Starfox game by Namco... if indeed she is even owned by Rare...
And why did Rare leave Nintendo anyway? Weren't they paying them enough?

That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2002, 12:57:18 PM »
Rare didn't leave Nintendo... THEY WERE FIRED!

-------

[Both laugh]
[Both laugh]

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2002, 10:11:23 PM »
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2002, 09:54:03 AM »
It is true they were fired. But Nintendo can probably still make Donkey Kong games because Donkey Kong belongs to Nintendo. They just would have to used the DK from 1981-1988. Not the one frome 1993-2002.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2002, 09:26:14 PM »
I believe Nintendo got all the copyrights they wanted before Rare departed. (i.e. modern DK and Krystal!!!)

That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2002, 10:54:01 AM »
What about Banjo Kazooie? Was that game created by Rare? I read on the game box that the game was co-developed by both Rare and Nintendo, so which company owns the rights to the Banjo Kazooie franchise?

As for the whole Donkey Kong debate:

Donkey Kong was created by Nintendo - it is owned by Nintendo. Rare only got the license to use the Donkey Kong character in certain games (Donkey Kong Country series). Now Rare is gone, and Nintendo STILL OWNS the Donkey Kong franchise!

Print