Print

Author Topic: The Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom  (Read 21455 times)

« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2004, 05:10:50 PM »
As of now, ROTMK4 is 65% complete! Looking at the trailer and the screenshots, I predict the Clawclip scene will be a direct reference to Donkey Kong. (Sorry, Popple.)

Romance is for the weak-minded.

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 9/21/2004 4:12:08 PM

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2004, 05:59:16 PM »
I'd expect Randy of all people to see how terribly wrong he is in that shot. Mario's hammer is parallel to the ground, BEHIND HIM! That type of hammer goes directly above the head, handle perpendicular to the ground, and then comes down in front of him. At most, the hammer can go back to about a 95 degree angle, but the position it's in is just wrong. I still have hope that it's the kind from PM because of the wooden head, all of the hammers from Donkey Kong having black ones.

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2004, 06:09:36 PM »
Yeah, the fact that the tops of the Donkey Kong hammers are black makes me assume they're mallets.

Everything is as smooth as sandpaper pajamas.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2004, 01:58:32 PM »
As of now, ROTMK4 is 70% completed.

Romance is for the weak-minded.

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2004, 07:49:47 AM »
Excuse me, Popple...

I believe that the hammer is not from either game you mentioned...

This hammer actually comes from a much older game called Super Mario World!!

How?

You obviously never played it or it must have been a long while...

Let me explain...

After Mario defeats Lemmy Koopa of Castle #3, how does Mario destroy the castle? With a hammer, of course!! Ask anyone about it...

And the Mario sprite in the screenshot you see is one of the exact sprites where you see Mario using the hammer in Super Mario World!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2005, 07:26:51 PM »
Edit: Never mind, don't bother.

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 3/14/2005 5:57:34 PM

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2005, 04:18:41 PM »
Part IV is out!

nintendoexpert89 was 100% correct in his Donkey Kong prediction.

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 3/15/2005 2:20:35 PM

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2005, 05:38:04 PM »
To be honest, Part 4 was incredibly disappointing. Why did Randy Solem have to ruin it by putting in a countless number of farts and giving Wart a posterior?

''I am feeling fat, and sassy!''

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2005, 08:19:48 AM »
Easter Eggs

More infomation: http://www.videogamedc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24805&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

1. The title screen randomly switches from night to sunrise. Try playing it a few times to see them both. (Thanks to Darren Driver)

2. Scattered all throughout the "Return to Koopa Cemetery" scene are tombstones with the names of many of my forum members.  Are you on one?

3. In the "The Princess' Mission" scene, look for a piece of paper floating by. You'll have to pause the movie and zoom in to read what it says.

4. In the "Hidden Temple" scene, there are signs scattered throughout the desert. Again, zoom in to read them.

5. Donkey Kong and a Dr. Mario Virus are hidden in the columns of the "Hidden Temple" scene, after Mario slides down between the walls. (Right before he drops down there's some writing on the right side of the wall as well.)

6. In the "Final Battle" scene, right after Wart crashes through the window and gets stuck in the Vegetable Generator tube, pay attention to what's coming out of the left tube. (A tribute to my very  first VG flash) You will most likely have to freeze frame it to see the secret.

7. Zoom on the Dog in the finale scene, in Toad Village. It's Poochy, having some nice dreams about Yoshi's Island! Even his tail is wagging.

8. When wart's going up the castle there is a backward sign too!

Edited by - thaiirin on 3/17/2005 6:21:28 AM

This is my signature!

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2005, 08:29:58 AM »
Glitches

Edited by - thaiirin on 3/17/2005 6:31:15 AM

This is my signature!

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2005, 09:47:15 AM »
I personally didn't notice any of the easter eggs or glitches, so I guess that's good for VGDC.

I also second nintendoexpert; C'mon man, we're not second graders here! We don't need no explosive flatulence issues here!

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2005, 06:08:40 PM »
I thougt it was good and also funny.  Good ending.  Loved the night sky. Fragmented post.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2005, 01:55:16 AM »
Well, I just love the whole ROTMK series. and about the whole cape thimg, perhaps for safety Luigi closed it? And if there's any mistakes with the hammer, well, I've seen Mario do other impossible things in that too. and with Wart, lets not forget his vegetable aversion, Randy just chose to advance the idea a little with the farting to get around. Besides, in the original ROTMK Mario was doing exercises by a castle, a butterfly came by, he farted, then the butterfly dropped.

Edited by - Mysterious One on 3/23/2005 11:58:45 PM
It will be done... 'cause here comes Mario!

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2005, 11:43:15 PM »
I just watched Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom, and I thought it was excellently put together.  Those of you who complain about Mario being in adult situations, its a good change and don't knock it, because although everyone loves the family-friendly Mario, you know if these were real life situations, you wouldn't be saying "Oh Darn, a goomba is eating me"

Print