Print

Author Topic: LizCam Productions  (Read 40394 times)

« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2006, 11:18:03 PM »
Yay, my first movie!

http://kontek.net/LizardDude/Vidgmchtr%20POPS%20Concert%2005.mov (~15 MB, ~13 minutes in length, thank Lizard Dude for putting the file up)

Okay, you don't actually see me in this one, you just have to assume I'm there (which I am). This was recorded back in February of 2005, around this time (so, pretty much a year ago). The concert I'm in is called a "Pops" concert. The band I'm in (Symphonic Band, white shirts) combined with another band (Wind Ensemble, black shirts). I'll be headed to Wind Ensemble next year. The piece we played is called "Selections from Phantom of the Opera", and it was arranged by Warren Barker. It begins with a little skit in which an auction is held (I'm acquaintences with the guy who plays the auctioneer). After the first item was sold (The "Figure of a monkey...playing the cymbals" was really a panda squeak toy. The guy who played the auctioneer joked about it just before we went on stage), a guy on the keyboard plays an organ-like tune, and the auctioneer tells the story about a chandelier in pieces, which was connected to the tragedy of The Phantom of the Opera.

The band then cuts in, and it's just about 9-10 minutes of us playing through the piece, with a guy playing the Phantom cutting in a couple of times. The guy who played the Phantom currently likes to ask me "Why aren't you practicing?" whenever I had a free period which I spend in the band room doing nothing.

I'll have this year's concert up in a day or so. I'll edit this post when I do (and you'll see me more).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 07:16:38 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2006, 11:20:56 PM »
Okay, you don't actually see me in this one

Ooooookay.

« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2006, 12:04:21 AM »
Don't worry, you'll definitely see me in the one that'll be recorded tomorrow. (Not during the performance, before and probably after.)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2006, 06:00:08 PM »
My brother was the Random Guy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »
Yeah, I can sort of see the connection.

« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2006, 02:46:48 PM »
Your brother sounds very familiar somehow... Like somebody I know. Weird...

Don't mind me asking, but how old is your brother? Just curious.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2006, 10:28:41 PM »
It's like The Adventures of Pete and Pete, but with different names and not in New Jersey.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2006, 04:55:05 PM »
Ah, I haven't seen nor heard of that show in ages. I can barely remember it.

I'm thinking about getting my old camera out and make one of my own movies. But then again, I'm not allowed to show my face to the internet. If I do make a movie, it will probrobly be a gimmick of a video game.

If I could figure out how to make flash animations, I'd make some. I'm such a n00b...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2006, 10:14:38 PM »
My brother is over 11 and under 13 and doesn't know you.
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2006, 11:43:36 PM »
Just put a paper bag over your head, Syrhini.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2006, 09:08:16 AM »
I was going to suggest that. Or, she could use her computer to blur out her face.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2006, 10:49:52 AM »
Haha, that's not what I meant. I was going to make a video of video games. I was going to be playing Super Mario Sunshine, then make it into a story. My friends and I would talk and have a little story backround thing. Ugh, it's better done than explained.

Well, I'll be "in it", but just my voice. The camera will just be completely focused on the TV screen. Or I might just record the TV screen with my DVD player so it doesn't have a blur, etc. Then just add on some sound clips.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2006, 03:19:37 PM »
You could always put a lamp in front of the camera, then stand between the camera and lamp so your face almost completly blocks the camera's view of the lamp. This way, the camera's iris will close so much that your face will appear almost completly black. I took some example pictures and posted them here.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2006, 04:20:43 PM »
When I looked at the first picture, I thought that was you and that you had the FF projected onto the wall.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2006, 04:31:20 PM »
No, it's a G.I. Joe.

Print