Print

Author Topic: Most idiotic mario character.  (Read 6567 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2004, 07:42:51 PM »
That fat koopa in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2004, 09:50:28 PM »
I think Peach is... strangely irritating.  She's too Barbie-ish.  Does anyone know what I mean, because I sure don't...

Follow the butterflies!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2004, 11:14:11 PM »
Nope.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2004, 12:16:08 PM »
Peach is the embodiment of all that is good, and pure, and beautiful in the mushroom kingdom. Without her, all heck breaks loose in the MK.

I might be Sadib...

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2004, 07:40:38 PM »
Back to my previous question, are they characters or enemies (Koopa and Paratroopa)? Popple said yes. That just plain confused me.

"I hate that freakin'' marshmallow."- Homestar Runner, on Marshie
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2004, 07:56:26 PM »
You can play as them in MK:DD and are two of your party members in PM, so yes, they are both characters and enemies, like Wario... kinda.

And Toadette wasn't invented for MK:DD there were several in SMRPG and PM.
Let me away from this boulder!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2004, 07:58:43 PM »
Wario's more of a "villian" or "antagonist" than a regular enemy (the term kinda implies a degree of commonality... to me, anyway.)  Definitely a character, though.
I'd consider the troopas as characters too, but only under specific conditions (as the aforementioned.)

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2004, 10:57:13 AM »
I know exactly what Markio means.

Actually, Peach is more like Barbie with a fire alarm that won't turn off.

(Oh yes, Peach wasn't annoying when she was Princess Toadstool. As soon as the name changed, so did the personality. She was still dumb, as she kept getting caught by Bowser, but at least she wasn't annoying.)

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2004, 04:22:18 PM »
What are you talking about? She has the same exact personality now as she did in SMRPG as Toadstool.

"I hate that freakin'' marshmallow."- Homestar Runner, on Marshie
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2004, 05:45:11 PM »
Yes, but now Peach has a squeaky, whiny, annoying voice.

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2004, 08:25:03 AM »
Ironic. In M&L:SS she is supposed to have the sweetest, most beautiful voice in the world.
I still believe that peach is smarter than people give her credit for.

I might be Sadib...

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2004, 06:31:20 PM »
This is an essay I wrote about 6 months ago, for another forum. Hence, why my alias in it is "Krazymonkey5".

WHY PEACH IS A BIMBO
Alternately: "Why Krazymonkey5 Needs a Life"

~An essay by Krazymonkey5

Bimbo: [n] -- 1: Disparaging term used to describe a person (usually a woman). 2: TRAMP

(Source: paraphrased from the Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary - 10th edition)

Ok, so maybe the Princess isn't a tramp (unless there's something going on with Mario or Bowser while we aren't looking), but I CAN show you why she deserves to be disparaged. Let's start with the overall basic plotline of the Mario games. I mean, in just about every Mario game, the Princess is kidnapped by Bowser. This shows (psychologically) that Bowser has enough of an advantage of some variety over the Princess to show complete dominance over her. The obvious advantage is strength, but apparently Bowser needs some intelligence to kidnap the princess successfully, correct? I mean, in today's world, it is ridiculously hard to kidnap any member of the royal family. Using this lemma, I can prove that Bowser is theoretically more intelligent than the Princess. (Or else she'd see him coming, and take steps against him)

Let's take a look at Bowser's track record here; that is, when it comes to intelligence.

In Super Mario Bros., Bowser is standing on a bridge over lava. And holy crap! There's a freaking axe on the other side! Now, you'd have to be a total idiot to place an axe on the other side, but it gets worse. Why doesn't Bowser just GRAB THE AXE AND DROP MARIO IN THE LAVA? That should occur to him immediately, but apparantly obvious things like that elude even the King of Koopas.

Let's look at another case. In the game Paper Mario, Bowser is able to grab a magic wand that allows him to get any wish he wants! Now, if the average person grabbed this wand, there'd really be no issues here. I'll let you come up with a plan here; it isn't THAT hard. Now, despite this obvious advntage, Bowser manages to grab defeat from the clutches of certain victory and gets beat by Mario! Now, Mario can't be THAT bright, can he?

Ok, after you read those paragraphs, what have we to say about Bowser's intelligence? Also keep in mind that you can't count the number of times Peach has been kidnapped by him on only one hand... (Unless you are polydactic, in case disregard that comment.) Seriously now, how smart can the princess be? It's as if she's RESIGNED to being kidnapped by Bowser every 2 years or so.

Let's also look at the Princess herself. Her voice is one of the most annoying things I have ever heard. You'd agree, correct? Also -- examine one of her major attacks in Super Smash Bros. Melee -- she blocks people's attacks by using Toad! Obviously she can't take attacks herself. And two of her major attacks in Super Mario RPG is the "Super Slap" and the "Frying Pan". Need I say more?

In conclusion, this is just the tip of the bimbo iceberg for Princess Peach. After looking at Bowser's mental capacity, one would have to seriously wonder how she could be getting kidnapped by him in the first place. And her abilities outside of kidnappings seem limited. I can come up with so much more, but there is a 5 MB size limit per post.

(I have SO MUCH MORE too, but I'm lazy today.)

~Krazymonkey5
~I.S.~

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2004, 10:52:57 AM »
Marriane and Luigeena from "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show." I have it on video, but I also saw it (where you guys can see it) on Yahooligans! TV.

EDIT: It's the "Mario's Flying Carpet" episode.

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

Edited by - Do The Mario! on 3/29/2004 8:53:35 AM
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 07:04:31 PM »
They're not real Mario characters.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2004, 07:28:53 PM »
I guess the main reasons she's annoying it that her voice is a little too weirded out, and she moved so slowly.  She sounds better in other games, like SM64, SSBM, and MKSC.  She talks too slowly as if she's acknowledging everything she's thinking.  I just don't like the princess in SMS, and she sounds weird in MGTT and a little more normal in MKDD.

''Are spirits delicious?''
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print