Print

Author Topic: The Meaning Of Life  (Read 2220 times)

« on: June 17, 2004, 07:26:39 AM »
Okay, I know this is a pretty deep topic. But I just want to hear your ideas. And as of now, let's leave religion alone in this subject.

My theory is that the only time we'll ever figure out what the meaning of life is will be when we die. We'll go wherever we go after we die, and somebody will tell us why we struggled to live so long. Our reactions will probably be something like, "Why didn't I think of that?" or "That's so obvious! It was right under out noses!" But I believe that if you hold out long enough and live life to the fullest, you'll realize why in the end.

There is no ''I'' in team...Nor is there an ''I'' in group, gang, crew, squad, club, band, party, crowd, cluster, troop, or set.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 07:51:32 AM »
To ask to leave religion alone in a "meaning of life discussion" is utterly ridiculous.  Religion GIVES meaning to life (otherwise it all happened by chance).  Even your own statement implies religion (as defined by a system of beliefs) as you mention existence after death (which implies something like a soul, supernatural) and a higher meaning to life other than random events culminating in conscious thought.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 09:48:55 AM »
*leaves*

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 11:24:14 AM »
Okay. You may discuss religion. I just didn't want to start any arguements if people had different religions. I am a Lutheren Christian.

There is no ''I'' in team...Nor is there an ''I'' in group, gang, crew, squad, club, band, party, crowd, cluster, troop, or set.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 11:48:28 AM »
Meaning of life: People should where more hats.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 07:09:29 PM »
There's already a Religion topic. If you must start this discussion back up again, just go drag that topic back up.

The universe is permeated with the odor of turpentine.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 08:07:11 PM »
But this isn't about religion. It's about theories on the meaning of life. Some of them may INVOLVE religion, though.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 09:39:12 PM »
42.  No really, I think the meaning of THIS lifetime is to make the most out of our time and learn the basics of living for whatever comes after that.

Anyone who says sunshine is pure happiness has never danced in the rain!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print