Print

Author Topic: Halo 2 hype... insane!  (Read 5564 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: October 19, 2004, 02:32:43 PM »
I am amazed by how much Halo 2 is being hyped right now. There have already been over 1.5 MILLION pre-orders for Halo 2... This is a record-breaking event, even though I detest all things related to Halo and Xbox.

Congratulations goes out to Microsoft for hyping the Halo franchise so much... Of course, I'm being sarcastic.

What's the deal with this Halo/Xbox hype? Why can't people just enjoy the good Nintendo and PlayStation games...?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 04:35:43 PM »
 Becuase they are confused of what a good game is. When they think of good games, their small minds drift towards graphics, when in reality, it's fun, style, and plot that make a good game.

-Ian "Suffix"

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 07:59:13 PM »
Hey, I like Halo.

A friend of mine was able to get the leaked Halo 2 (It's in French for some reason, though).
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 08:08:38 PM »
I just get confused when I try to play Halo at my friends' houses. I'm not exactly what you would call a multi-tasker (which is pretty ironic for someone who plays drumset)

How does Michael Jackson pick his nose?

Out of a catalog
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 08:17:20 PM »
Halo was many people's first co-op experience, which makes then unreasonably sentinmental (this is probably why I like SMRPG so much, as it was my first console-style RPG) with the game until the end of time (and all sequels). This has something to do with it. Halo's single player was actually a dull, uninspired tromp through millions of identical areas, back and forth. Multiplayer's your standard PC game type big outdoor arena genre game. Except played on a console controller, which FPS are not meant for.

Halo is something special to XBox owners for some reason. The actual game isn't as great as it's sales became.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 08:43:46 PM »
I think Halo is both a blast and horrible.  Mainly because my friends all play it all the time with 4 vs. 4 capture the flag and I get clobbered every... single... time!  But it's still pretty fun.  Driving those warthogs around and running over people while you have the other team's flag and the person in back is blasting all over the dern place is a mega blast (but yes Nintendo is still much more fun and varied).

Oh yeah, and I was the one who bumped the Things that Drive me nuts thread.  I am very evil!

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 10/19/2004 7:49:58 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 09:03:04 PM »
I CANNOT STAND ONE MORE POST WITH AN ELLIPSIS FOLLOWED BY A QUESTION MARK

The fast pace riding on a horse bets a slow boat anyday.

That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 07:44:37 AM »
Why is that, Chup...?

The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 01:45:41 PM »
Does anyone know...?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 04:10:15 PM »
Ahahah, looks like Chup has some material for the "Drive Me Nuts" thread.

Back on topic, I'd say LD is probably right. First of all, Halo's single player mode is decent at best, especially with co-op. I think the multiplayer is fun as heck, and most of the group I play Halo with are FPS nuts, but Halo is their choice for weekly LAN parties. I'll admit I'm hyped for Halo 2... we're going to try to have a 24-hour Halo 2 marathon starting the first Thursday night after its release, assuming the multiplayer isn't worse than the first.

P.S. ihatebees >:/

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 07:50:12 PM »
I hate bees too, but there was I time I liked them.  I have never like xBox though.

In elementary school I would catch honey bees in the clover on the football field during recess.  If you let one go when it stung you, all you had to show for it was a hurt hand, but if you held on to it you go show off that you caught a bee.

I don't have or plan to purchase an xBox.  Blinx was the only game on the system that slightly interested me.

I don't care for FPS games, and from what I have seen of Halo/Halo2, their not that good anyway.  I don't understand how some people enjoy shooting/killing everything in sight.  Drive Chup nuts...bets!?  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 07:54:37 PM »
Bloodgulch is probably one of my favorite stages. It's great for Capture the Flag.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2004, 08:08:01 PM »
Yes, I liked Capture the Flag games in the third grade.

Using the light gun that actually has to be aimed to shoot something in Duck Hunt "beats" using an Xbox controller in Halo any day.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2004, 10:22:10 AM »
I concur.  Killing ducks is a heck of a lot better (and safer) than killing humans.

Killing isn''t funny, unless you''re killing idiotic cartoon characters like Tiff and Tuff or Yugioh.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2004, 11:26:30 AM »
My friends always choose blood gulch for the 4-on-4 capture the flag.  It's the coolest because it has lots of hills and valleys and secret caves.  My friends are incredibly good with the snipers and that's why I get killed all the time.  Has anyone tried to jam a warthog inside their base?  If not you should because it's hilarious.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 10/21/2004 10:27:25 AM

Print