Poll

who's the MOST annoying mario character

Yoshi
Luigi
Peach
Wario
Waluigi
Print

Author Topic: Your most disliked character...  (Read 57166 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #195 on: February 07, 2006, 06:06:23 PM »
Actually, with M&L:PiT, the baby bros. in the present make a lot more sense now. Of course, it'd make more sense if you think of PiT as occurring BEFORE the time the various games with the babies in them. But now that there's proof of time holes in the Mario universe, it could explain a lot of the "inconsistencies" of continuum now. (Hmm, this should be in the Mariology thread...)

And I like Yoshi's voice. It's actually...a voice. Birdo's voice, however... I like her old one better. It used to actually be a voice, not annoying, strange noises. I don't really like Bowser's voice; it doesn't seem as...fitting to him, or something. Not deep or vicious enough or something.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 07:45:44 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #196 on: February 07, 2006, 07:19:56 PM »
Whoops! I should've added that I haven't played M&LPiT.. I haven't heard all that much about it either. Is it as good as the first one?

..also, I would like to add another character..

Donkey Kong- I never really liked or disliked him, but I don't understand how he keeps appearing in the Mushroom Kingdom if he was the original DKjr, and helped Cranky (the original DK) kidnap Pauline (not Peach or Daisy, as some other websites would make you think).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #197 on: February 07, 2006, 07:43:20 PM »
M&L:PiT was a pretty good game. I'm glad I got it. It's not as good as M&L:SS, and it's a little too short, but it's still good.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2006, 04:56:59 AM »
Three cheers for the most unoriginal character ever

Waluigi, Waluigi, Waluigi

« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »
I don't remember if I posted in this or not, but I hate Peach. Everyone else are really cool.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2006, 11:44:36 AM »
M&L Pit Has the least logic...I MEAN how can the Shroobs take over the mushroom kingdom in the PAST yet its not captured in the PRESENT?

« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2006, 11:18:01 PM »
That's the point. It's because the Shroobs are messing around with time. Sorta like in Terminator.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2006, 11:28:10 PM »
No, it has plenty of logic, it turns out the present Mushroom Kingdom already knew the bros. would defeat all, they just never knew how, so really, it's impossible to witness it in the present.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2006, 11:48:18 PM »
The present Castle is still intact because the Shroobs were defeated before t got to that point. It's like in Back to the Future, how Marty slowly began to disappear, but he didn't because everything went as it was supposed to. If theBros. wasted too much time in the past, the castle might have changed.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2006, 07:09:24 AM »
Forgive me for being cynical and loud-mouthed (and maybe annoying), but I find Bowser the most annoying character the the Super Mario Bros. games.  He used to be very evil, but now he's done the same thing over and over again that it's become stale and he's become stupid and immature, even more than Bowser Jr.  And he makes poor Bowser Jr. look bad.  I don't see why Bowser Jr. is not embarrased by his dad, especially when Bowser lied to him that Peach is his mother.  Bowser doesn't scare me at all, and I don't see he scares the Super Mario Bros. and Peach.
Speaking of Peach, I head in the new game Super Princess Peach that Peach has to save the Super Mario Bros. from Bowser.  Not bad, but it doesn't really change what Bowser has become.  He's become a lot like Dr. Evil in Austin Powers, who is not evil, by the way, but stupid.  I strongly recommend that the find out what happened to Bowser's real wife and Bowser Jr.'s mom.  The Mario games are not supposed to be psychological dramas, they're supposed to be fun games about the battle between good and evil.  Bowser's way past his prime, and yes, his character has been ruined/destroyed.
I would like it if at least Luigi figures out that Bowser was lying that Peach had Bowser Jr. with him, because he's smarter than Mario.
Mr. Wiggles you don't have to comment on this.  i don't mean to offend you or anyone on this forum or tell them baloney.  I'm really sorry for being a cynic and annoying you all.  I just want the Mario games to be back to normal with a good villain, and they just can't make Bowser evil again.
"Eet's-a Mad-io not-a Ma-dio"

« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2006, 12:07:41 PM »
And I like Yoshi's voice. It's actually...a voice. Birdo's voice, however... I like her old one better. It used to actually be a voice, not annoying, strange noises. I don't really like Bowser's voice; it doesn't seem as...fitting to him, or something. Not deep or vicious enough or something.
By Birdo's "old voice" do you mean the one she had in Super Mario Advance? Or did she have a speaking voice in other games?
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2006, 08:59:23 PM »
Yeah, in Super Mario Advance. I heard she also had the same or a similar one in N64's Mario Tennis.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2006, 07:00:43 PM »
Putting voices in the SMAdvance's was probably one of the stupid things they done.

-"just what I needed!"
-"Lucky!"

It was better on the SNES, (I have SMAS+SMW) except on the GBA you could find Yoshi eggs.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2006, 08:33:21 PM »
They are a bit annoying, but for some reason, not as much to me as to everyone else. Maybe I just like Mario's voice.
It's YOUR problem!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2006, 08:58:30 PM »
Putting voices in the SMAdvance's was probably one of the stupid things they done.

-"just what I needed!"
-"Lucky!"

It was better on the SNES, (I have SMAS+SMW) except on the GBA you could find Yoshi eggs.

Ah come on man!  I love that!  Me and my friend always do mock imitations of those voices! 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print