Print

Author Topic: Mario's Murder Mystery on the Excess Express  (Read 20930 times)

« on: June 14, 2005, 10:11:39 PM »
Here it is.  My forth story.  This is obviously a murder mystery story.  Please enjoy.....

Prolouge: The Murder of Professor Frankly ~ It was a dark, cloudy night.  The stars were covered by thick clouds, and only the full moon shone in the sky.  Here, an old Goomba sat on a bench in the run-down town of Rougeport, waiting for the Excess Express to arive at the station.  Frankly was an old professor who spent his time studying history, and ancient mysteries.  He was to arive at the very fancy town of Poshley Heights to meet with his old friend Pennington, the crime solving penguin.  Soon Professor Frankly heard the clickitee clack of the train on the tracks.  The Excess Express roled into the station, and Professor Frankly made his way off the bench.
"Good evening sir," the kind conductor Toad at the door of the train said, "Do you plan to be riding the Excess Express tonight, sir?"  Professor Frankly nodded as he took out his train ticket from the pocket of his trench coat and showed the conductor.  He examined his ticket and handed it back to Frankly.  "Very good sir.  You are located in room four.  Please be careful boarding," the Toad said as he opened the sliding door into the marvelous Excess Express.
"Thank you," Professor Frankly said as he boarded.  The old professor walked throughout the train, strangely feeling as if he was being watched.  He quickly shook it off and found his way through the train until he found room #4.  Professor Frankly quickly opened the sliding door into his small room.  Frankly suddenly felt cold, and scared.  This was quite strange.  He had ridden this train before, and found it comfortable and homey.  Now it seemed haunting and cold.  'Hmmm,' he thought to himself, 'Maybe it's just the room.  I was in #7 last time and it felt fine.  There is most likely just a draft coming in'.  Professor Frankly sat down on the bench located at the right of the fancy room.  He looked around.  The wallpaper was red with small gold designs in it.  The carpeting was a comforting red, along with the bench.  The was a bunkbed to the left of the room, and a desk next to the beds where a small lamp rested.  After a few minutes he heard the conductor yell,
"ALL ABOARD!!!" and a few seconds later the train lurched forward.  The engine started and the train grew faster and faster.  Professor Frankly looked out the window, watching the trees quickly pass by.  The professor suddenly began growing very tired.  His eyelids became very heavy, and he couldn't resist it.  He closed his eyes and fell asleep on the bench to the sway of the train and the delisious smell of something being cooked in the nearby kitchen.  That night, he had his final dream.  It was of his family and friends, and gave him a warm feeling in his heart.  It was perhaps the greatest dream he had ever had.  Remembering good times with family, and amazing experiences with friends.  Suddenly his dream came to an end.  He slowly opened his eyes.  Everything was blurry, but he saw a faint blue image in front of him.  He opened his eyes, and to his horor found a ghost watching him.  Professor Frankly was too shocked to scream.
"Geeet ooout," the ghost said.  Professor Frankly stared at the ghost in amazment.  Suddenly, the ghost disappeared, just like that.  Professor Frankly looked around the room.  He rubbed his eyes.  Was his mind playing tricks on him?  Did he really just see the ghost of a Toad?  It had told him to get out, but Professor Frankly didn't think of it as a serious matter.  He did feel very spooked though, and decided he would go to ask the conductor for an extra blanket.  He stood up and walked to the door.  Before he had the chance to open it, the door quickly slid open.  Frankly gasped.

"No ma'am, I'm sorry, we do not give any of our guests extra blankets," the Toad conductor said to Bow, the pampered boo.
"Are you sure?" she asked, "'Cause I really could use an extra cover for tonight.  Please?  Just for me?"  The conductor loosened his colar.
"I'm sorry-"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"  Bow gasped.
"What was that?"  The conductor rushed through the halls of the Excess Express, looking for the source of the horrid scream.  Finally, he found the door of room four open.  He rushed to the door and looked into the room.  He gasped.  There was Professor Frankly, lying on the floor, dead.  
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 01:19:42 PM »
Chapter 1: An Urgent Message ~ Mario sipped his coffee as he read from the Daily Mushroom that early morning.  It was rather cloudy out today, but the sun still managed to shine.  Mario sighed as Luigi wrestled Mario for the comics once more.
"Luigi, here, just...just TAKE 'EM!" Mario threw the comics at Luigi, the papers flying all over the kitchen.  Luigi scrambled to pick them up.  Mario sighed as he took another swig of his hot, strong coffee and began reading about a grand theft auto in The Mushroom Kingdom.  Apparently a team of Goombas had successfully stolen Wario's "pimpin'" car.  Mario chuckled at the picture of Wario angrily talking to some reporters while strangling a policeman.  Luigi ate his cheerios while flipping through the comics, laughing at every single one.  It got quite annoying after a while.
"Hee hee...hahahaha....HAHAHAHA-"
"Luigi!" Mario said, interuptting his brother's annoying laughs.
"What?" he asked.
"Aren't you getting a little...you know...too old to be reading the comics every morning?" Luigi gasped.
"What?!?  You can never be too old!" Luigi cired, splashing more milk over his cheerios.
"Uh-huh...alright, nevermind," Mario said, getting back to his paper.  It was finally time for Mario to settle down.  He has had enough adventures for a while, especially after that one in Rougeport in which he ended up saving PRincess PEach from being possessed and taking over the world!  He decided not to travel anywhere for his vacation either.  Last time he wanted a vacation he had traveled to Isle Delfino and ended up being stuck on but another huge adventure.  Mario didn't mind them, really he didn't, it was just sometimes he wanted time for himself.  Just then he heard someone outside the door call,
"Mail!"  the Parakarry's wings could be heard as he flew away.  Luigi stood up from the table.
"I'll get it," he said.
"NO!" Mario cried, grabbing his brother's arm.
"Why not?" Luigi asked as he stopped and looked at his brother.
"Because everytime we get a letter it's always Princess Peach wanting me to go off on some crazy adventure!"
"So?"
"So, I don't WANT to go off on some crazy adventure!" Luigi seemed shocked.
"Is this Mario I hear?...THE Mario?...The same Mario who puut aside his troubles every time Princess PEach asked a favor?"
"Well..." Mario began.
"The same MArio who never gave up to bring peace to the Mushroom Kingdom, and quite recently, the world!"
"....yes."
"Then I'm gettin' that mail!" Luigi pulled away from Mario's grip.
"Wait!" Mario called out, even though he knew his younger brother wouldn't listen.  MArio shrugged.  Hopefully it was just a relative, or an old friend checking in on him.  After all, Koops DID forget to call him on his birthday.  Luigi came in with a smug smile on his face.
"Look!  It's NOT from Peach it's from the Conductor of the Excess Express!" he said as he handed the letter to MArio.  Mario sighed a sigh of relief.
"Oh!  I guess I made all that fuss for nothing," Mario said as he opened the envelope.  This is what was written in it:

Dear Mario,
  You many remember me from your last
adventure.  I am the conductor of the
Excess Express.  I have written this
letter to bring you terrible news.
Your dear friend Professor Theodore
Frankly passed away last night on board
the Excess Express.  It was a tradgic
accident indeed.  It appears that your
old friend was murdered on the train.
We have called forth Detective
Pennington, but I was afriad that he was
not enough.  I remembered you, and how
you solved that terrible mystery on the
train last time.  It would really help us
out if you came to help solve the mystery
of Professor Frankly's murder.  Please
meet the Excess Express in Rougeprt at
the local train station.  We have kept all
the suspects on board, along with the
professor's body.  Please come and help
disicover the mystery of who killed your
dear old friend.  Thank you.
                       ~The Conductor

Mario gasped as he read through the letter twice more.  Was it ture?  Was his dear old friend really murdered?  Mario sighed as he removed his hat and folded the letter.  Mario just thought of Goombella, Frankly's finest and closest student.  She would be crushed.  If it hadn't been for Professor Frankly, the world would have been in peril.
"Luigi," MArio said as he put his cap back on, "I'm going to Rougeport."
"Huh?" Luigi said as he looked up from his comics, "That filthy run-down place?  Why are you going back there?"  Mario sighed.
"An adventure."

Edited by - The Blue Toad on 6/15/2005 12:20:10 PM

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 02:29:34 PM »
Chapter 2: And So It Begins ~ Mario whistled a song as he waited patiently for his boat to arrive.  He stood on the old dock that stretched out to sea.  Cheep Cheeps swam in and out of the long posts that held up the dock over the clear ocean water.  The sun was begining to set and a calming red tint filled the sky.  Mario sighed peacefully at the sweet silence as he sat down at the edge of the dock.  He knew that he would soon wish to be back at the dock once more, instead of in Rougeport.  Rougeport was a fowl town.  It was home to gangs, and theives.  When you first enter Rougeport you see the harbor.  It seems filthy enough, but not nearly as bad as what's next to come.  When you climb the stairs that are located at the end of the hardor, you enter Town Square.  Placed in the very center of town, is the gallows.  A tall platform with a rope hung from a post.  Luckily, on Mario's last adventure there, he saw it put to no use.  In the Town Square is the Toad Bros. Shop, along with a Chuckola Cola Bar and a nice Inn to stay the night.  If you travel into the back alley you will find graffiti covering the walls, and trash littering the streets.  This is where the rotten theives and bandits hide.  Normally you want to avoid the back alley, unless you REALLY want your money back from that bandit who pick-pocketed you as you innocently walked into town.  To the east of the Square you will find it to be home of the Robbos, a band of theives led by Ishnail.  You will also fing mysterious folk in the east side, including an old fortune teller, a dark boy who hides behind houses, and a strange man who tells fortunes.  It is also home to none other than Professor Frankly, the brilliant Goomba who was recently murdered on the Excess Express.  If you go into the west part of town, you will find it being the wealthier part.  More people live in this side, and it is obvious why.  The west side of Rougeport is home to the Pianta Parlor, a gambling area, along with the Excess Express boarding area, and the Cheep Blimp that flies to Glitzville.  The west also has the Piantas that basically rule the town.  Don Pianta used to be in charge until he decided to retire and leave the buissness to his son-in-law, Frankie.  If you mess with them, it may be the last thing you ever do.  Mario had dozed off thinking of the town and all the people he had met there.  Not exactly friends, but not exactly enemies either.  Mario tossed a rock into the ocean, Cheep Cheeps quickly swimming away, and rings gently floating out to sea.  Mario suddenly looked up to see that the boat was almost to the dock.  Mario stood up, getting ready for his next journey.
"Mario!" a gentle voice said from behind Mario.  He turned to find Peach running up to Mario, Toadsworth stumbling behind her, "Mario, wait!"
"Peach?" Mario said.  Mario must have looked confused, because Peach said,
"Well, you didn't think you were going on an adventure without me, did you?" Toadsworth finally caught up to Princess Peach, gasping for air.
"I'm too old for this," he said.
"But...how did you know I was going to Rougeport?" Mario asked.
"I heard all about it from Luigi.  He said I could find you at the docks," the princess replied, "I have been very bored around the castle, and simply had to get out.  I was going to invite you and your brother to a tea party, but this sounds so much more exciting!"
"Princess," Toadsworth said, "Are you sure you want to go back to that...that filthy little place?  I mean after all, you didn't exactly have a good time there."
"I know what I'm getting myself into Toadsworth," Peach replied.  Toadsworth sighed.
"Well I guess that's that.  Master Mario, we will be joining you on this little trip of yours.  I do hope we don't get in the way."
"What?" Peach said, "Toadsworth, you're not coming."
"Nonsense!" Toadsworth cried as the boat reached the dock, "I will not leave you to go to that place!"
"Mario will be with me."
"Mario has more important things to do than follow you around all day."  Peach blushed.  "That would be MY job."  Mario didn't really want any interupptions during this, considering the seriousness of Prfoessor Frankly's death, but he couldn't possibly say no to Princess Peach.  Together, they all boarded the boat.  Next stop, Rougeport.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 10:00:53 PM »
Keep it up, man! I'm reading it!

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 11:29:18 PM »
Thank you smfan.  It's good to know somebody's reading this.

Chapter 3: To Rougeport To Memories ~ Mario fell into a deep and relaxing sleep along the voyage.  The sound of the boat gently going over the waves soothed him.  Mario had a dream that he was with his old team again.  He had met Goombella, the smart, sassy Goomba who seemed to know just about everything.  Koops, his timid turtle friend, who was now the mayor of Petalburg had also joined Mario once more.  Then there was Flurrie, the wind spirit from Boggly Woods.  She had joined him in his dream as well.  Now adays, she was a huge star, acting in many plays and lots of times, starring as the main charactor.  The young, tough little yoshi who was fighting in the Glitz Pit, the sweet, shy shadow siren Vivian, and Admiral bobbery, the tough old sailor Bomb-Omb who sails the seas.  Even Ms. Mowz, the badge theif was there.  Mario could see all their kind faces and wished to see them once more in person.  Suddenly, the sound of seagulls slowly woke him up.  Mario peered out at the glare of the sun, and the noisy seagulls overhead.  Mario stood up, looking over the ocean.  He could see off in the distance, a town.  It was the town of Rougeport.  Momories flew back to him as he looked a the broken down builings and Cheep Blimp floating overhead.
"We should be arriving shortly Mr. Mario," said the Toad who was drving the boat.  Mario nodded.  Just then, Peach emerged.  She stretched and yawned, holing her umbrella up against the harsh sunlight.  Toadsworth waddled to the bow of the ship and looked out at Rougeport.  He sighed.  "I hate this place," he said rather quietly.  Toadsowrth prefered the Mushroom Kingdom over anything else.  Mario, on the other hand, couldn't wait to get there.

The boat arrived at the harbor shortly.  "Here you are," the Toad said, "Rougeport....I believe I've driven you here before, haven't I?" he asked Mario.  To be honest MArio really wasn't sure.  He shrugged.  "Yeah," the Toad said, "Yeah, I remember you.  The mustachio who saved the world last time you were here!  Why, I didn't recognize you!  Have you lost weight?"  Mario felt a little awkward as he left the boat and onto the harbor, Peach and Toadsworth following him.
"I wonder if they'll remember us," Peach said.  Sure enough, they did.  There were greetings by many a person as the walked through the place.  To Mario's surprise, it had cleaned up a bit since he last was there!  The grafitti was scrubbed of the walls, the trash was picked up, even the gallows seemed cleaner.  Peach waved at the residents happily.  Toadsworth kept an eye out for any suspicious looking people.  Mario wished he could stay longer in the small town, but simply had to get to the train station and solve this mystery.  It truley was urgent.  He remembered exactly where it was, to the west of the town.
"Come on," Mario said, "It's this way."
"But Mario," Peach said, "I'm so tired.  Can't we rest at the Inn?"
"But," Mario rejected, "you just had a nap on the boat."
"The sunshine and the seagulls kept me awake.  I really am very tired.  Please?"  Mario sighed.
"Come noe Master MArio," Toadsworth said, "The Princess does need her sleep."
"I'm sorry Peach," Mario replied, "But I have to catch the train.  There's no time to nap, a murder needs to be solved."
"Awww," Peach said.
"Well," Toadsworth said, "Why don't you catch that train without us, eh?  The Princess needs her rest and I need to keep her as safe as possible.  Going on a train that may have a murderer on it, I think not!"  He took Peach by the arm and lead her over to the Inn.  Peach pulled back.
"My nap can wait," she said, "I simply must go with Mario Toadsworth.  I would be terribly bored if I didn't."  Toadsworth sighed.  He knew she would say that.
"Alright alright.  Lets follow MAster Mario than, shall we?"  Mario lead the way into the west side of town.  More frienldy faces greeted them.  Mario smiled and nodded as he made his way through the town.  He took a right up ahead and down a tunnel that lead to the Excess Express.  To his surprise, when they reached the end, the train was not there.
"What?" Mario thought aloud, "Where's the train?"  a Lakitu nearby heard Mario and said:
"It hasn't arrived yet.  They say the Excess Express was delayed in Riverside Station.  I dunno, I just picked it up from the conductor a lil' while ago.  I've been waiting here for a hour for it to get back."  Mario looked at the empty spot where the magnificent train used to be.  What could be holding them up?  Perhaps a shortage in gas?  An accident of some sort?
"Well isn't that terrible luck," Toadsworth said, unlthough they could tell he didn't mean it, "The train is not back yet.  Well, I guess that lets Peach have her nap.  Come on now, Peach."  Peach reluctantly followed Toadsworth out of the train station.
"Geesh," she whispered, "you're not my babysitter for cripes sake."  Mario followed Peach back out.  It was then that he realised something.  He didn't even have a train ticket.  Last time he was so used to simply pulling out his ticket whenever he wanted to board, now he had to go through all the trouble to get one again.  There was one guy who gave away train tickets in this town.  The tough leader of the Piantas, the gangster himself, Don Pianta.

Edited by - The Blue Toad on 6/17/2005 10:33:30 PM

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 02:34:11 PM »
Chapter 4: Old Friends ~ Peach made her way to the local Inn and opened the door.
"Ah, yes," Toadsworth said, "Just as I remember it."  The Chuckola Cola looked basically the same, even the same people were there.  "Come Princess," Toadsworth said, "The Inn is upstairs."  Toadsworth walked upstairs expecting PEach to follow.
"What will you do, Mario?" Peach asked.  MArio had been staring out the window  in a daze.
"Hm?" he said, "Oh, well, I suppose I'll just explore the town a bit."
"Alright," Peach said, "Be careful."  she walked up the stairs and in to the Inn.  Mario was quite thirsty after the journey on the boat.  He decided to buy a Cola.  Mario laid the money on the table as the bartender began preparing his drink.  Suddenly a familiar, annoying voice, said his name.
"Mario?"  Mario turned to see Flavio, the second richest man in Rougeport.  He had a fancy red suit on and a feathery hat.  His nose was long, and his elegant hair was purple, "Yes, hello there Mario.  Do you remember me?  It is I!  Flavio!  The 2nd richest man in Rougeport!"
"Yes, hello Flavio," Mario said, wishing he had just exitted the Chuckola Cola before Flavio could have seen him.  Mario had borrowed Flavio's ship last time he was here.  Unfortunately, it had sunk into the depths of the sea.  Flavio was very upset about this and blamed the whole crew for this when almost everything was his fault.  No one really liked him.
"Ah, yes.  The days of our voyage still flashes in my head," Flavio said.
"Here's your drink sir," said the bartender.  Mario put more money on the table.
"Can I make that to go?" he asked.
"Certainly," the bartencer said, snapping a lid over the cup so that it wouldn't spill.
"Thank you.  Well, Flavio, I must be going," Mario said standing up.
"Farewell old friend!" Flavio said, waving goodbye as Mario exitted the Chuckola Cola into Rougeport.  Mario decided to go find Frankly's house.  He remembered exactly where it was.  It was to the right of the old fortune teller's house.  Mario awkwardly knocked on the door to make sure none of Frankly's family or friends were already inside, packing up his things to keep as memorials.  When nobody answered, Mario entered the house.  I was dark, and lonely, yet exactly the same as he remembered it.  Books were everywhere, papers were scattered across the floor, and maps were hung on the high walls.  A desk sat in the room with scrolls piled there.  That used to be where Professor Frankly always sat, reading of the Thousand Year Door, or reading up on where Mario and his friends would go next for their adventure.  Mario scanned the books and sighed.  Even the smell was the same.  Suddenly, the door swung open, revealing a Goomba.  She was a shade of pink wearing an archiologist suit.  A blonde pony tail hung out the back of her helmet.  It was Mario's friend Goombella.
"...Mario?" Goombella asked, "Is that you?"
"Goombella!" Mario said.  Goombella seemed surprised as she entered the room, closing the door behind her.
"Mario!" she said, "What are you doing here?"
"I heard about the terrible news," Mario replied.  Goombella sighed.
"He was an old Goomba...it was his time anyway."  There was an awkward silence in the room in which Goombella kept her eyes to the dusty floor.  She was probably the closest thing Profesor Frankly ever had for a daughter.  They were very close.  Mario cleared his throat.  "I just can't believe someone would...would murder him...who could do such a thing?" she asked, looking up at Mario.  Mario shook his head and sighed.  Goombella walked over to the desk and picked up the scrolls.  "I'm devoting myself to finish all of Professor Frankly's unfinished work.  It is only right."  Mario nodded, still feeling quite awkward.
"I'm going to solve this murder mystery," Mario said suddenly, "On the train, as soon as it gets back."
"What?" Goombella said, "Is that why you're here?"
"Yeah," Mario replied, "I got a letter the other day.  The conductor of the Excess Express was asking me to come and help solve the mystery.  I really don't understand why they couldn't have just asked Detective Pennington at Poshley Heights, but it is an honor to be doing this."  Goombella quickly replied:
"I'm coming with you."
"What?" Mario said, though he knew what she said.
"I'm coming with you.  I feel that this is my fault...I should have been with him...I was his assistant...I have to do this, Mario.  This is just something I need to do."  Mario was already full with Peach and Toadsworth, but Goombella too?  That's four tickets!  That is going to be really hard to come by. "Please?"  Goombella pleaded, her eyes getting big.
"....alright," Mario said, "I guess you can come."  Goombella smiled.
"Good, because I know how to get the tickets."

Mario followed Goombella through the town.  She seemed to be in quite a hurry, and Mario was struggling to keep up with her.  She made her way into the harbor.
"But," Mario said, "isn't Don Pianta in the west side of town?"
"Used to be," Goombella said, "But he moved into Keelhaul Key to relax for a long vacation."  Mario remembered Keelhaul Key.  It was a tropical Island off at sea.  It was indeed, haunted, but last time Mario was there, he made peace with the ghost pirate Cortez and his crew.
"What about the train," Mario said, "Won't it be here soon?"
"No.  I heard that they completely ran out of coal at Riverside staiton.  They need someone to deliver them enough coal to get it started again.  Do you know how long that will take?" Goombella asked as she stopped at the Rougeport dock with Mario, "at least one more day."  Mario nodded.  She DID know everything.  Either that, or it was her tendancy to eavesdrop and gossip.
"...so," Mario said, "What exactly are we waiting for?"  Goombella was silent for a moment, and then pointed out at sea,
"That!"  She was pointing at an incoming ship.  It appeared to be a dark blue ship that was in perfect condition.  It had cream colored sails, and a flag that had a picture of a bomb with eyes on it.  "That would be Bobbery's ship.  He was finally able to afford his own.  Cortez is using HIS ship to find hidden treasure, but Bobbery still simply sails the seas to bring tourists to Keelhaul Key, or other places."  Mario gazed in amazement at the magnificent ship, but then looked back at Rougeport.  Maybe he should have told Toadsworth.  He gets extremely worried.  But then again, they really did need those train tickets as soon as possible, and didn't want to waste any time.  The moment Mario looked back at the ship, it was practically there.
"Ahoy!" Admiral Bobbery called over the ship, "Mario ol' boy!  Good to see you!" the old Bomb-Omb wore a captain's hat over his left eye, and had a large prickly white mustahe.
"Come on!" Goombella said as Bobbery threw down a rope ladder over the side of the ship.  Goombella began climbing the ladder as did Mario.
"Very good," Bobbery said, "Where will you be headed?"
"To Keelhaul Key!  We need to get train tickets from Don Pianta by the end of today," Goombella said.
"Well, hopefully Don Pianta's in a good mood today!  You might need to try pretty hard to get some considering what he's giving away today!" Bobbery said, "Are you sure I can't just sail you there?"
"Nope.  This has to be on the Excess Express," Goombella replied.
"Then Keelhaul Key it is!" and with that Bobbery went up to the sterring wheel and set of into the sea.  Mario watched as he gently floated away from Rougeport, hoping that Toadsworth wouldn't come out looking for him, which he obviously would.  He now realised what a mistake this was, not telling Toadsworth.  But it was too late now.  They were off at sea, and there was no turning back until they had those train tickets.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 11:37:22 PM »
Chapter 5: Pirates Ahoy ~ The waves pounded against the ship as rain poured onto the deck.  Thunder roared and lighting quickly flashed in the sky, hiding in the dark clouds a second later.  Bobbery was at the steering wheel, drenched with rain and salty ocean water.  He tried his hardest to keep the S.S. Charlette (the name of Bobbery's ship) sailing in the right path.  The waves were mountainous and splashed the ship like a fierce hammer.  A gigantic waved loomed over Bobbery's head.  He gasped as the wave pounded into him.
"HAHA!" Bobbery laughed as he jumped back up and spun the wheel.  He was a tough old bomb, mind you.  "Come on Charlette!" he cried over the storm, "We can get through this storm!!!....WhOa!" he cried as the ship fell down a huge slope of a wave.  Goombella was hiding in the safety of the dry cabin that was built inside the ship.  It was actually very comfortable as she sat in a large blue armchair by a lit fireplace, reading some of Professor Frankly’s scrolls.  The armchair slid left and right from all the terrible waves, which was a bit of a bother.  The two blue beds behind her almost toppled over (the desks and bookshelves already doing so).  Goombella read better in storms, but not when the whole house was moving!  Mario was trying to stand up, but as the boat tilted terribly he couldn’t help but fall every time.
“Mama Mia!” Mario cried as he slid into the wall.  Mario stood up and grabbed onto one of the beds.  He was panting desperately.  â€œDoesn’t this bother you, Goombella?” he asked as the bed began to slip.
“Yes,” Goombella said, flinching as the armchair almost fell over, “But Frankly’s writings are just so captivating.”
“You mean you’re not getting the least bit sea sick?”  Suddenly, a HUGE wave rammed the side of the ship.  The beds lurched into the air, and Goombella and the armchair came crashing down with a loud THUD!  Goombella groaned.
“Now that you mention it…” Admiral Bobbery grabbed onto his captain’s hat, making sure it didn’t fly off his head.  Finally, it appeared he has hit the last huge waves.  The storm continued on with the rain and thunder, but the waves seemed to settle down, for now.  Bobbery patted the steering wheel.
“I knew we’d get through it Charlette.  You were with me the whole time.”  Suddenly, he spotted another ship up ahead.  Bobbery squinted to take a look at it, and brought out his telescope.  From the looks of it, the mysterious ship was coming his way.  â€œHmmm…” he said, “Could it be?”  As he continued to watch the dark ship grow ever closer, he noticed that they began raising a flag.  A black flag, that is.  â€œPirates,” the old Bomb-Omb said as he spotted the grim skeleton of the Jolly Roger posted on the flag, “just as I suspected.”  Bobbery put away his telescope, realizing that the ship wasn’t as close as he thought it was.  They still had time to get ready.  Bobbery rushed down into the cabin.  â€œBad news everyone,” he said, “We’ve got pirates coming at us.”
“Pirates?” Goombella said, “Sounds exciting!”
“Yes, well, we’re going to most likely have to fight them off.  Is that alright with you Mario ol’ boy?” Bobbery asked.  Mario nodded.
“Of course!” he replied.  It had been quite a while since Mario had seen any action.
“Alright,” Bobbery said as thunder bellowed and lighting struck, “I’ll meet you up here, on the deck.”  He closed the cabin door.  Goombella began carefully packing away Frankly’s scrolls in her backpack.  Mario turned up the desks and straightened the beds.  He would pick up all the books later.  Goombella and Mario exited the cabin, heading upstairs onto the ship’s deck.  Bobbery could be seen bringing out a large black cannon.  â€œThis could come in handy,” he said as he loaded it with a large cannon ball.
“Uh, Admiral Bobbery,” Goombella said as she looked out at the pirate ship through her binoculars, “I think they have one of those too…”
“What?…” he asked.  Suddenly, there was a loud explosion from across the sea.
“INCOMING BULLET BILLS!” she yelled as she and Mario jumped to the side just in time.  To bullet bills had rammed into the S.S. Charlette, blowing a huge hole through it!  Bobbery was stunned.
“They blew a hole through my ship!” he cried as he lit up the cannon.  It sizzled for a bit as he and the others took cover, then BOOM!!!  A canon ball crashed into the pirate ship.  â€œBull’s eyes!  Mario, you keep firing!  I got to move ol’ Charlette out of the way,” Bobbery said, throwing a box of matches at Mario, who caught it.  Mario nodded as he rushed over to the canon.
“Hurry Mario,” Goombella said, continuing to look at the enemy ship through binoculars, “they’re loading up their canon!” Mario quickly loaded the canon with another canon ball as the S.S. Charlette began sailing once more.  Mario lit the match, but was too late.  BOOM!  BOOM!  They had fired two bullet bills this time.  One of them whistled loudly over Goombella’s head, the other smashing into the stern of the ship.  Mario quickly lit the canon once more.  BOOM!  A canon ball hit the pirate ship again, right at the bottom of their ship!  â€œYes!  Good aiming on that one!” Goombella cried, “You sprung a leak in their ship!”  Mario readied the canon once more, and prepared to fire.  â€œWait!” Goombella cried, as Mario lit the match, “One of them is holding up a white flag, apparently they surrender!
“I wouldn’t trust those no-good, lying pirates if I were you ol’ boy,” Bobbery said.
“I think they mean it!” Goombella said.
“Hmmm…Fine.  Hold your fire.”  The pirates were now growing extremely close, but quite slowly.  Their ship began slowly sinking into the deep.  Bobbery glared at the ship.  It was now far too close for comfort.  Mario too wondered if they simply had to pass them by to get where they were going, or if they had a robbery in mind.  Mario was almost positive he knew.  Where would they go with a sinking pirate ship?  The two ships were now side by side.  The S.S. Charlette and the black pirate ship with the name “Bloody Blade” written across the side.  Goombella was feeling very uneasy.  Why didn’t they just leave?  They DID surrender after all.  Suddenly, three pirates swung by ropes over to the S.S. Charlette!  â€œGet off my ship!” Bobbery cried, “Get off you bloody pirates, or I’ll have my first mate blow another hole though your ship!”  The pirates consisted of an orange-shelled Koopa with a bandana to match his shell, a pitch black Bomb-Omb with a dusty old eye path and a red bandana, and a Boo who had a golden tooth and a blue bandana.
“Take it easy old bomb!” the Koopa said, “We’re only here to…borrow something.”
“You surrendered!” Goombella cried, “A good pirate would leave us alone after that!”  The pirates laughed.
“Well, my pretty little Goomba,” the Koopa pirate said, “we aren’t good pirates.”

Edited by - The Blue Toad on 6/18/2005 10:38:01 PM

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 04:17:24 PM »
Chapter 6: Held Captive On Your Own Ship ~ Goombella backed away from the terrible pirates, glaring at the Koopa.  Mario got in his fighting pose, as Bobbery was beggining to spark.
"I'm telling you, you better get off my ship and sink down in to the fowlest part of the sea!" Bobbery said.  The Koopa merely laughed.
"Tough bomb, are we?  Well, just let me introduce myself, be a gentleman."
"You can go be a gentleman in Davey Jone's locker!  Now go!" Bobbery looked him right in the eye.  The pirate seemed to ignore the old Bomb-Omb and continue with his introduction.
"I'm Kooparow.  The toughest pirate ever to sail the six seas!"
"There's seven you idiot-"
"Don't interupt me!" Kooparow said loudly.
"I'll interupt you as much as I want on MY ship!" Bobbery cried.
"Now, now Mr...."
"...I'm not tellin' you my name!"
"Fine then, Mr. Smith.  Don't make me have my first mates Boogore and Bombfrey have to tie you up and make you walk the plank!"  Bobbery had had enough.  If there was anything Bobbery hated more then pirates, it was stubborn, no-good, cheating pirates.
"That's it!" he cried, his fuse lighting up, "Mario!  Goombella!  Lets take on these vermon!"  Bobbery dived at Kooparow, and exploded loudly.  Kooparow was smashed into the wall.
"No one does that to Kooparow!  The toughest pirate ever to sail the-" Goombella jumped up, and slamed her helmet to his head.  The basic headbonk.  Goombella looked satisfied as Kooparow became very dizzy and fell down.
"Ahhhh....BOOGORE....BOMBFREY!" he cried, "DO SOMETHING!"  The two first mates seemed a little scared.  Boogor, the golden-toothed boo snickered as he disappeared.  Bombfrey seemed confused, but quickly lit his fuse.  Bombfrey began chasing Goombella around the ship, ready to explode at any moment.
"Mario!" she cried, "Help!"  Mario grabbed hold of the Bomb-Omb, the hissing growing louder.  Mario saw that Bombfrey's fuse was almost to the end.  He quickly hurled Bombfrey into the air, and overboard into the sea.  The water splashed as Bombfrey fell, and then a muffle BOOM sounded as he exploded.  Kooparow tried to get up, but Bobbery punced on top of him.
"Oof!" Kooparow cried as he laid back down.
"Wait a tick," Bobbery said as he looked around, "where's that Boo lad?"  Goombella looked over the edge of the ship to try and sea if he was hiding around the boat.
"...I don't see him anywhere," she said.  Suddenly, something shoved Goombella into the ocean!  "AHHH!" she cried as a huge splash followed her fall.  Mario gasped. And peered over the ship.  There was a dreadful laugh of Boogore, yet he couldn't be seen.
"Goombella!" Mario cried, "Are you alright?"  The Goomba girl rised to the surface, spitting out water.
"Yeah," she replied, "but all these waves are going to take me away at any second!"  The waves were still feirce, but the rain had reduced to a sprinkle.  Mario grabbed the rope ladder and threw it over the side for the Goomba to climb up.  Suddenly, Mario too was shoved overboard!
"WAAHHH!" Mario cried as he splashed into the ocean to join Goombella.
"Oops!" the voice of Boogore rang out, "Man overboard!  Gwah ha ha ha ha ha!"  He was still invisible to Bobbery's frustration.  Suddenly, the rope ladder was pulled back up to the ship.  Boogore laughed terribly again.  "AH!" Goombella cried.
"What is it?" Mario asked.
"Something just nibbled at my foot."
"Could it be," Mario asked, "those terrible Nibbles?"  Nibbles were a type of fish the were popular in the oceans by Rougeport.  They were black, and had HUGE sharp teeth.
"I think so," said Goombella looking into the water and seeing a large black shadow swim under her.  Just then, Mario felt something bite his foot.
"Ah!" he cried, "Yes!  They are Nibbles!"  Goombella looked pale and scared.  The Nibbles could eat them!
"BOBBERY!" she cried, "HELP US!" Bobbery carefully stepped off Kooparow, laying an anchor over his shell, and rushed over to the side of the boat.
"Don't worry!" he cried down to them, "I'll throw back down the ladder!"  Bobbery grabbed the rope ladder and threw it down the side of the ship.  It was here that he waited, and listened.  Everything seemed quiet escept for the sound of rain on the boat and Mario and Goombella splashing their way to the ladder.  Suddenly he heard a strange, ghostly sound behind him, and a small chuckle.  Boogore was trying to shove Bobbery into the ocean too!  Bobbery lit his fuse as fast as he could, and just as Boogore was about to push the old sea bomb, Bobbery exploded.
"EEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Boogore cried as he flew back, becoming visible again.
"Ah-ha!"  Bobbery cried.  But then he had realised something.  Boogore had removed the anchor from Kooparow while he wasn't looking!  Kooparow suddenly came spinning at Bobbery, and hit him right in the face!  Bobbery groaned as he fell to the floor.  Mario followed Goombella up the rope ladder.  They had made it just in time, too.  The Nibbles were now rising above the ocean and jumping to bight Mario.  Mario felt shivers up his spine as he watched the nasty fish show their pointed teeth.  Once Goombella had reached the top, Mario heard her scream loudly.
"Goombella?" Mario asked, stopping, now at the middle of the rope ladder.  There was no reply.  Mario slowly began climbing the ladder once more.  An eerie silence seemed to be waiting for him at the top.  As soon as he peeked over the ledge, the invisible Boogore grabbed Mario and threw him onto the ship, Kooparow then ramming into Mario, knocking him out.
"Ha!" Kooparow said as he dragged Mario into the cabin, locking the door.  "Now, where's the jail cell on this ship?"
"I think it's at the very bottom, sir," Boogore said.
"Very good," replied Kooparow, "you drag our hostages to the prison.  I'm going to try and fish out Bombfrey."

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 04:54:50 PM »
Um...is anyone else going to read this?  Is anyone reading this but just doesn't want to say anything?....This story WILL get to the Excess Express, have no fear, I just wanted to put a little action into it first, that's all.  You know.  A little variety to spir things up.

Why don''t they just give the stupid rabbit some Trix?

Edited by - The Blue Toad on 6/19/2005 4:07:38 PM

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 05:09:12 PM »
This is an enjjoyable book Blue Toad. You've put good plot twists into this book.

Mini-golf makes my putts look big!
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 05:12:42 PM »
Thank you Tingrio.  Next chapter:

Chapter 7: Escape ~ Mario was unconcious at the bottom of the ship.  The prison was quite small, and it was very cold.  Mario felt an icey draft suddenly sweep over him.  He shivered as he slowly began coming to his senses.  As Mario slowly opened his eyes, he realised that his clothes were wet, and water was splashing on him every so often.  He looked to his right.  There was a huge hole right next to the jail cell, letting in cold air and splashes of water.  Mario sat, up but then quickly laid back down.  He was very lightheaded.  He then heard someone groan behind him.  Mario slowly turned his head to find Goombella, sprawled over the wood floor of the prison.  Bobbery was next to her, sitting up and leaning against the wall.
".....what happened?" Mario said as he managed to sit up a little.  Bobbery looked up from his pondering.
"Mario, ol' boy!  You're awake!"
"Yeah," Mario said, rubbing his head.  It was now all coming back to him.  The pirates, the storm, falling off the ship.  Mario shivered once more as cold wind rushed over his wet clothes.  That hole in the ship must have been from when the pirates started blasting bullet bills at them.
"Those nasty pirates...I can't believe they took over my ship.  But they'll never keep her, not as long as I'm around." Bobbery said, "I've been trying to think of an idea to escape this horrible place...in fact, Boogore is probably spying on us as we speak!"  Suddenly Goombella's eyes opened slightly.  She had a huge bruise on her head from Kooparow ramming into her.  Bobbery most likely did too, his was just hidden under his hat.  Mario felt his forehead to find a huge lump there as well.
"...Where are we?" Goombella said slowly.
"In my prison," Bobbery replied, "I never thought I'de see the day.  A sea-bomb locked inside his own prison.  Huh."  Goombella found her helmet laying next to her, and gently put it back on her head.
"Hey, Bobbery," Mario said, "Can't you simply blow through these bars?"
"Already tried that," the bomb replied, "It didn't work, and I got in trouble for trying it too.  Came down here and whacked me over the head, knocking me out."  Mario looked at the bars.  They were cracked now.
"Were they like that before?" Mario asked, pointing to the cracks.
"Hmmm?" Bobbery said as he looked at the bars, "No.  After I blew up, the bars cracked."
"Then, aren't they weaker now?  Can't you try again?"
"I could, lad," Bobbery said, "But I'm out of energy, and it would take two more blows to blow those things up.  I'm not a young Bomb-Omb any more.  Plus, those pirates will hear the noise and kncok us all out again!  I don't know if my head can take that."  Mario sighed.  "I'll try it later.  Once I've rested up a bit more."  Mario nodded.  Indeed, it looked as if Bobbery was about to fall asleep at any minute.  Goombella was now examinging the huge hole in the ship.
"Hey Mario," she said after a moment of silence, "Do you think we could escape through this hole?"  Mario walked over to where she was standing, and looked down.  There were Nibbles swimming side-by side with the ship, and there were no good ridges along the side of the ship that they could hang onto and climb to the top.
"That's very risky," Mario said, "I'm not sure it would work."  Goombella was about to suggest another idea, when suddenly they heard footsteps coming down the stairs and into the dungeon.  It was Bombfrey.  He looked quite angry, and very wet.
"Hey!  *sniff*  You three!" he said.  It was very obvious that he had a terrible cold from being in the cold ocean water so long.  "I need to *sniff* question you a bit!"  Bombfrey walked over to the bars of the jail cell, peering in at them.  He tried to hold back a sneeze several times.  Bobbery saw this, and strangely grew excited.  He seemed to be trying to signal something to Mario.  Mario had no idea what Bobbery was doing, so he simply shrugged.
"Questioning about what?" Goombella asked curiously.
"Questioning *sniff* for Bobbery, and Bobbery only *sniff*  Stay outta this Goomba girl!" Bombfrey said.  He sounded very stuffed up.  Goombella looked offended as she looked towards Bobbery.
"What is it, ou rat?" Bobbery asked, standing up.
"Sit down bomb!" Bombfrey said threateningly.  When Bobbery didn't sit down, Bombfrey continued any way.  "We pirates were just wondering if ye had any...you know...*sniff* secret stashes."
"Secret stashes?"
"Don't play dumb old bomb!" Bombfrey cried as he suddenly began sniffing loudly about to sneeze.  Bobbery walked away from the bars.  To his disappointment, Bombfrey did not sneeze and continued his questioning.  "Now, listen up!  *sniff*  I want you to tell me where any secret stashes are, or this little Goomba girl is gettin' it!" Bombfrey suddenly pulled out a pistol and aimed it at Goombella.  Goombella jumped and backed as far away as she could, until her feet were at the hole.
"Take it easy!" Bobbery cried, "No need to do something you'll regret, lad!"
"Tell me!" Bombfrey cried.  It was obvious he was getting a little too into the moment.  Suddenly, a huge blast of wind swept through the hole, covering everyone with icey cold wind.  Bombfrey sniffed uncomfortably, trying to hold back a sneeze.
"Fine I'll tell you..." Bobbery said, "...You do want me to tell you, right?"
"TELL ME NOW!" Bombfrey cried.  The pistol was making him feel very feirce and mean.  Suddenly another even larger blast of wind came through the hole.  Goombella sneezed and sneezed again.  Bombfrey felt a small tickle at his nose and he began to sniff, "Ahhhh," he said, as Bobbery rushed over to the back of the jail cell "Ahhhhhh...AHHHHHHHH.....CHU!!!" Bombfrey made such an explosion, the bars completely shattered!  They were now free!
"Yes!" Bobbery said, "I knew it!  Whenever a Bomb-Omb sneezes, they create the biggest explosion they possibly can!  It's extremelt dangerous to stand next to a Bomb-Omb with a cold.  Afterwards they'll suffer from extreme dizziness."  Bobbery pointed to Bombfrey who had dropped the pistol and was sitting on the floor in a daze.
"Great!" Goombella said, "Come on, lets go before the pirates come down!"  The three of them rushed past the unconcious Bomb-Omb pirate.  Mario and Goombella beganing running up the stairs to get out of the prison.
"No!" Bobbery called, "The pirates will be coming that way!  We're in no condition to fight!"
"Then where do we go?" Goombella asked, looking confused, "There's no other exit from the prison except for the stairs!"
"Goombella, I thought would out of any of us would know," Bobbery walked over to a nearvy bookcase, and grabbed from it a large brown book that was resting on the middle shelf.  As the book pulled away. the bookcase began opening like a door, reavealing the entry way to a tunnel, "nothing is as it seems."  Goombella gasped.
"Perfect!  A secret passage-way!"
"Yes, I know every secret on this ship.  We can easily outsmart those pirates!" Bobbery said.  Suddenly, they heard footstep coming from upstairs.  "Quickly!" he said, as Mario and Goombella rushed inside the secret tunnel.  Bobbery put the brown book back in it's proper place, and closed the bookcase just in time.  Kooparow and Boogore came running into the prison.  All they saw was  broken jail cell, and an unconcious Bomb-Omb.
"....Where are they?" Kooparow asked.
"I'm...not sure," Boogore replied, lookking dumb-founded, "How could they escape without going through the door up there?"  Kooparow looked at the huge hole in the jail cell.
"They couldn't be stupid enough to jump out that hole!......could they?" Kooparow said.  He walked through the huge hole now in the jail cell bars, and looked out the hole in the ship.  Nibbles jumped in and out of the sea as the ship sailed on.  Kooparow laughed.  "They must have!  Haha!  They must have panicked after hearing us coming, and jumped out this hole here!  Haha!  The IDiots!"
"Complete idiots, sir.  Good job."
"Well, I guess that means they're out of out hair!" Kooparow said, as he walked back out the jail cell and up the stairs with Boogore.
"......but you don't have any hair."
"Shut up Boogore."
"Yessir."

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 02:25:20 PM »
Chapter 8: The Plan ~ The three friends quietly walked down the secret tunnel in the S.S. Charlette.  The path was lit by the faint glow of small torches hung at the wall a few feet from the next.  Mario followed Goombella and Bobbery, continuly looking back to make sure the pirates didn't somehow discover thier secret.  Bobbery stopped in his tracks, as did Mario and Goombella.
"Shhhhh," he whispered as he looked up at the ceiling.  There was the sound of footsteps on the floor above them, and they could faintly hear te voice of Kooparow talking to Boogore.  They were now revieved to know that their secret was safe, but also very catious so that the pirates wouldn't hear them.  The torches now shown upon a small flight of stairs up ahead, that lead to a small wooden door.  Bobbery signaled them to be very quiet as he opened the door.  In front of this door was what appeared to be another door with on handle.
"This is the backside of a bookcase in the cabin," Bobbery said, "It's like another secret entrance."  Mario remembered that last time the bookcases had been knocked down because of the storm.  The remembered seeing a strange, rather small patch of wood where the bookcase once was, but didn't think any thing of it.  Apparently it could only be opened from the inside.  Good thing the pirates had put the bookcases up.  Mario was going to save that chore for later.  Bobbery slowly and quietly knocked twice on the backside of the bookshelf.  A peice of wood jutted from the bookcase, revealing a sqarue hole.  Now they could see a row of books covering the hole.  Mario watched as Bobbery slowly pushed the books part way aside, so that he could peer into the cabin.  Bobbery kept his eye to the peekhole for quite a while.
"What do you see?" Goombella whispered quietly.
"All I see," Bobbery replied in a whisper, "Is Bombfrey.  Laying on a bed, sleeping."
"Is that it?" Goombella asked, a little louder.
"Yes," Bobbery replied, "I think it's safe enough."  Bobbery said, jamming the square peice of wood back in the peek hole.
"Safe enough for what?" Goombella asked.  Bobbery grinned.
"Safe enough to have our sneak attack go as we plan," he replied.  "Now.  I am going to open this bookcase, like a doorway you see.  Then we are all going to sneak past that snoring sea-bomb, and make our way up to the top deck."  Goombella looked nervous, yet very excited.  She then realised something.
"But, what if the pirates are ON the top deck?" she asked.
"Well," Bobbery replied, "I guess we're just going to have to hope that they aren't."

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 10:29:28 PM »
Sorry, TBT, I wasn't on the computer for a few days (Kirby: Canvas Curse was the reason). I'm reading your story again now, though.

EDIT: No offense or anything, but I didn't understand what Bobbery said right before he revealed the secret passage behind the bookcase in the chapter before the last. Could you maybe rephrase it?

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?

Edited by - smfan1085 on 6/24/2005 9:04:39 PM

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 03:20:40 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking if that would be too weird to understand.  What Bobbery is saying is: "Goombella, out of all of us I thought you would know that nothing is as it seems."  Only there is a space in the middle where he reveals the secret entrance.  So it's like:  "Goombella, out of all of us I thought you would know *opens bookcase* nothing is as it seems."

Chapter 9: Taking Back The Ship ~ Bobbery began telling them what to do as soon as they entered the cabin, to clear things up so they wouldn't have to talk.  They were to all brag the bookcase into the center of the room.  They would then climb to the top of the bookcase where they could reach the ceiling.  They were find a trap door at the ceiling, push it open, and make their way onto the top deck.  Bobbery grew into a quiet whisper as he talked.
"Now I'm going to open the bookcase," he said quietly, "on the count of three...one..two...three."  Bobbery gently began pushin the bookcase aside.  It quietly slid across the cabin floor.  Once the bookcase was completely out of the way, the cabin was revealed.  Bobbery tip toed inside, Goombella and Mario close behind.  Goombella kept in eye on Bombfrey who was snoring soundly in a bed.  Bobbery signaled them to a bookcase that was located next to the secret entrance.  They all nodded as the three began slowly pushing it to wherever Bobbery thought necassary.  Mario tried his hardest to move the large bookcase.  It really was quite heavy.  He noticed Goombella struggling in the front.  Suddenly, two books fell to the ground with a hud.  Goombella's eyes widened as she turned to Bombfrey.  Luckily, he was still fast asleep.  Goombella was going to try and put the books in their proper place, but Bobbery shook his head and mouthed the words: "Just leave them".  Goombella nodded as they continued there way.  Finally, they had draggged it right in the middle of the cabin.  If the pirates found them now, they were surely in deep trouble.  Bobbery began taking off some of the books and carefully setting them down on the floor.  There were now gaps between the rows, a clever idea to make sure they could climb to the top relatively easily.  Bobbery went first, then Goombella, and Mario last.  They made it to the top where the bookcase began creeking under the weight of all three of them.  Bobbery quickly found a spot on the ceiling directly above them, and pushed.  A square trap door opened up, revealing sunlight.  Mario, being the tallest one there, had to look outside the door, and onto the deck to make sure the coast was clear before they began their attack.  Mario carefully looked through.  Right in front of him, he found the boots of Kooparow!  Mario was about to quickly close the lid, when he found that Kooparow's back was facing him, and the pirate koopa had not discovered him.  Mario signaled to Bobbery that there was someone right in front of him.
"Pull him down!" Bobbery whispered so quietly Mario could barely hear him.  Mario had a confused look on his face.  Bobbery made a motion that looked as if he were yanking a bell rope.  He was obviously signaling Mario to pull Kooparow into the cabin.  Goombella seemed a little unsure.  MArio shrugged and looked back through the trap door.  He was still standing there.  Acting quickly, Mario grabbed Kooparow by the ankles and silently pulled him down on top of the bookcase with them!  MArio's hand clamped over his mouth.
"Mmmph!!!  MMMPH!!!" Kooparow tried screaming, though it only sounded like muffled screams from under Mario's glove. Eyes wide and pale of shock, Kooparow tried to break free of MArio's grasp.  Bobbery quickly stomped on Kooparow, hitting him right in the head and knocking him out.  The strange muffled sounds came to a stop.  The bookcase was now creeking dangerously and they all decided to quickly get down before it broke.  Bobbery quickly tied Kooparow to a chair, shoving a sock in his mouth in case he woke up.  Bombfrey was still sound asleep.  Bobbery was planning to do the same with Bombfrey.
"Okay," Bobbery said, "He's going to wake up, and then, Goombella, you punce on him and knock him out.  We'll tie him so that he's dangling out the window."  Bobbery was thinking ahead.  If Bobbery woke up tied to a chair, he wouldn't think twice before exploding the chair into peices and breaking free!  Dangling him out the window by a rope insured him that if he was to blow up, he would snap the rope and go swimming with the Nibbles.  Bobbery jumped on Bombfrey so that he could not move, expecting him to wake up.  But, no.  Bombfrey was still sound asleep.  Bobbery looked confused.  "...he's still sleeping," he said, "...alright.  We'll tie him up while he's asleep.  Goombella, the rope."  Goombella handed bobbery the rope as he tied the snoring bomb-omb up.  Bobbery quickly made his way through the secret entrance back down to the dungeon, where he then tied on end of the rope to a non-broken steel bar, and the end with the sleeping Bombfrey on it, dangling outside the huge hole.  Surprisingly, the splahing sea water and cold wind still did not wake him.  Bobbery walked back up to the cabin to meet with Goombella and Mario.
"Plan's going good so far!" Goombella said as she headbonked Kooparow again, just in case.
"Yes, very good," Mario replied.
"Now we only have one to go," said Bobbery as he looked to the door of the cabin, "Boogore."
"Lets do it!" Goombella said as they began making the next plan.

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2005, 08:31:35 PM »
OK, I understand that part now. But one thing that confused me is that there appears to be a "would" in place of a "you" there.

I hope I am not being annoying.

Edited by - smfan1085 on 6/26/2005 7:35:13 PM

Print