Print

Author Topic: Fungi High  (Read 120677 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #420 on: July 05, 2006, 01:31:20 PM »
Mage likes it!   Will I get a bigger role later on?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #421 on: July 05, 2006, 02:24:51 PM »
This story pwn's Hyrulian. Could you please give me a part?

« Reply #422 on: July 05, 2006, 03:40:01 PM »
Muppet camp, that's silly! ^_^ I don't really think there's such a thing as Muppet camp...
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #423 on: July 05, 2006, 06:16:51 PM »
"You're going to be a kabob if you don't hurry up," Yo Lyngrio shouted from behind Lou, as he shoved him to the ground.

"Actually being a kabob wouldn't be that bad for me."
One of the things that make this story so great are things like this. Keep up your good work, Hyrulian.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #424 on: July 06, 2006, 12:22:56 AM »
I thank you for making my character so awesome. :D

Still... I can sense a bit of anger between Ted and some of his friends (Thrasher, Mage, Vince, Lou and Jay, to be exact). Sort of reminds me of that High School Musical spin-off I read once. Maybe I should actually see the movie sometime...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #425 on: July 06, 2006, 08:18:29 AM »
Maybe I'm mad at Ted because he hates George Thorogood :O.

I'm guessing that Ted will face a lot of turmoil by everyone, including his friends, if he dates Patricia. Love relationships are going to be tricky in this story, I think, but if anyone can do it, it's the immigrant himself, Hyrulian.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #426 on: July 06, 2006, 10:23:24 AM »
This story pwn's Hyrulian. Could you please give me a part?

No problem. I can add you as a character. Just give me some sort of a background of what you want your character to be like. That always helps. Maybe a name too.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #427 on: July 06, 2006, 04:20:56 PM »

In the lunch line, Lou E. G. Simpson stood, clutching his tray and staring at the food in disbelief. There sat a large pile of kabobs for all students to pick up and enjoy.

"There is a God," he murmured.

[/quote]

That is a great way to start off a chapter.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #428 on: July 06, 2006, 11:20:38 PM »
This story pwns big time! I don't mind the muppets: sailor moon gets on my nerves. Kabobs! I LOVE THEM! 100 kabobs sittin' on a table!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #429 on: July 08, 2006, 12:07:07 PM »
New characters: Colin Mushroom (solidmushroom)

Chapter Four - Horribly Frank
Ted had bad news and good news. The bad news was that his punk friends would get angry whenever he talked to Patrica. The good news was that they were giving him strikes, and for his third strike they would stop talking to him. Dosen't sound like good news, but to tell the truth, Ted thought that his friends would stop talking to him right then and there.

"Welcome to Physical Education, students," Mr. Steve announced across the gym, "now, I must warn you that Sophomores have it harder when it comes to conditioning."

Groans could be heard around the gym, and Mr. Steve continued, "Which leads me to your first excersize. Twenty laps around the gym."

Everyone pushed themselves up while groaning, and began running in a large circle around the gym.

Ted was jogging along a somewhat short kid whom he recognized. He was the really smart kid that had won the Forumia National Geography Bee last year. His name was Colin Mushroom or something like that.

"Hey Colin," Ted said, "didn't you win that Geography Bee last year?"

"Yeah, what's it to you?"

"Oh, I was just wondering," Ted replied nervously.

"Yeah that was me. I've also beaten Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater over seventy times, but you don't hear my parents bragging about that, now do you?"

"Well actually," Ted stuttered, "I don't really know your parents."

"Yeah well it's just a figure of speech," Colin exploded, "you wouldn't actually have to know my parents to understand it. I was just pointing out how my efforts in the field of Geography are more brought-out than my love of video games."

There was a long pause. Boy, this kid was turning out to be horribly frank.

"Well, congrats on your geography thingy," Ted muttered as he finished his twenith lap.

"Look, I really don't think that Ted talking to Patrica will hurt that much," Lou sighed as he sat outside on the curb with Thrasher, after school.

"I'm telling you," Trasher yelled, "we can't have one of our own talking to one of those O.C. watching, Abercrombie wearing..."

"Forget it man," Lou interupted, "you, Jay, Mage and Vince can give Ted the cold shoulder and these stupid 'strikes' but I'm friends with Ted even if he does like this girl."

He stood up, and left the Judas of Fungi High behind.

« Reply #430 on: July 08, 2006, 12:49:15 PM »
Coolies. ^_^
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #431 on: July 08, 2006, 12:57:41 PM »
Colin to me sounds like a showoff.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #432 on: July 08, 2006, 03:20:45 PM »
You guys are so great that I think you deserve three extra chapters! Also, I just noticed that this story is five months old now. It's been here since Feburary! How long have I been gone! Sheesh!

Well enjoy your extra chapters:

Chapter Five - Badbye
"Another day," Ted moaned as he rose out of his bed, scratching his eyes, "another eight periods of heck."

It had been a week after the first week of school, and things had pretty much gone the same. Exactly the same. It was so boring, Ted could hardly bear it.

Before he knew it he was changed, full of breakfast and in line at the same old yellow bus. Suprise, suprise. He usually walked, but today he was way too tired to move. He sat next to Greta on the bus, which reminded him of the first day of his Freshman year. Today she was talking about Muppets though, rather than Homestar like last year. Every day was just a conveyor belt. Sure, he wasn't saying that nothing crazy had happened in school, but when it came to classes, it was always same old, same old. Nothing new or exciting.

"Ted, you don't look like you want to talk about Muppets," Greta exclaimed as rain poured on the bus.

"Can you take a hint?"

"Geez, Ted," Greta pouted, "what's wrong with you today?"

"I don't know," Ted moaned, and paused, "do you ever wish that something exciting could happen in school."

"Hmm," Greta pondered, "I'm not sure. But, Ted, be careful of what you wish for. You never know if exciting could be a bad thing."

Ted burst out in laughter. Unfortunately, Greta was right, Ted would be eating his words.

"And that's how the federal bank works," Mr. Byte exclaimed to his first period Foundations of Economics class, despite the lack of enthusiasm from the students.

"So...that's interesting how?" Ben L. Fan asked from the front row.

"I'm not sure," Mr. Byte, "maybe you should ask Principal Deezer. NOW!"

Ben moaned and strutted out of the room as he was told. Ted was bored as well, and he was parched too. He took out his pass book so he could get a drink, and had Mr. Byte sign it.

"Ted, I'll sign your pass," he said out loud, "but I'm going to ask you not to interrupt on the wonders of our money system."

"I wouldn't want to interrupt that," Ted remarked sarcastically as he walked out of the room.

The water tasted kind of salty on his tongue. None the less it healed his feeling of extreme thirst.

"Ahhh," Ted sighed in relief.

He stretched and started walking back towards his class. He would've kept going if he hadn't smelled smoke.

"That's odd," Ted thought out loud.

It was coming from the men's bathroom. Dark gray smoke filtered out of the bottom. Ted walked in, to see what was happening. He coughed quite a bit as he flapped his arms around trying to clear the smoke. He saw a figure of a guy leaning up against the bathroom wall, coolly. As the smoke cleared even more, he noticed it was Thrasher! WITH A CIGARETTE!

"TRASHER," Ted screamed, "ARE YOU SMOKING?"

"No, I'm doing the boogie," he mocked, "what does it look like I'm doing, you idiot!?"

"You're the idiot," Ted yelled, "why are you smoking?

"Because that's what rebels do."

"No, that's what fools do! I hope your lungs shrivel up as soon as you walk out of this bathroom!"

"You've always been a nasty one, Ted," he remarked.

"No you've been the nasty one," Ted replied, "you're the one who won't let me talk to someone because of their clique, and now this!"

"You know, I did save your life last year," Thrasher said, puffing out smoke.

Ted fell silent for a minute, and then said, "Yes, I know. And I thank you for that, but how could you suddenly make a moronic move like this?"

"Hey, can't you just be cool with this," Thrasher asked.

"Yeah cool with it," Jay said as he walked out of a stall with a cigarette.

"YOU TOO," Ted shrieked, "you know what? Forget you guys! You guys can just forget that I was ever your friend, or in your band! Go ahead and ruin your life with your moron sticks you call a good time! Goodbye!"

He left Jay and Thrasher alone in the bathroom.

"You know," Thrasher said coolly, "I didn't want things to end up like that."

"Who cares, he talks to preps," Jay replied.

Ted poked his head in the bathroom and said, "Did I say goodbye...because I meant BADBYE!"

As Ted walked back to his class furiously, he realized something. Greta was right. He should've been careful of what he wished for.

Chapter Six - Dead Bodies and Incense
"Theodore, what took you so long in your efforts to consume some water," Mr. Byte asked.

"It's Ted, and I took long to get a drink because," Ted pondered and paused, thinking of what he would say, "I took long because I found a dead body."

That was horrible! Ted thought, as the class giggled.

"Okay, Mr. Funnypants, get back to your seat. We don't want any dead body jokes," Mr. Byte said.

As Ted strolled back to his desk, Mr. Byte got a weird look on his face. He held up his finger.

"Mr. Zeplinrochts, come here," he snapped, "I smell something quite peculiar. Smells like...smoke."

"That's crazy," Ted replied as he stood where he was next to his desk.

"I said COME HERE."

"Very well," Ted said, "but you'll find that I smell very unsmoky."

As Ted got arm's distance away from Mr. Byte, he took Ted's shirt by the collar and took a deep whiff.

"That's smoke, young man! What were you doing?"

"Getting a drink," Ted replied coolly, "I swear nothing else."

"Do not lie!"

"Okay! Okay," Ted yelled, "I was um...well...you see...I was walking down the hall, and someone had incense burning in their locker."

Greeeaaat excuse. You really nailed that one, Ted thought sarcastically.

"Nobody has incense in their locker," Mr. Byte shouted, "it is improbable. I think you were smoking! Why don't you discuss this with Principal Deezer!"

Ted pouted as he walked out with his stuff, heading towards the Principal's office. Just wait until he tells Greta about his "exciting" day.

Chapter Seven - The Perfect Card
Ted laughed loudly as he sat against the wall. He was used to being told to go talk to the Principal, and teachers always thought that he would be a good boy and go up to the Principal and say "Mr. Byte thinks I'm smoking."

It's not that hard to lie, and that's what Ted did to Mr. Byte. He didn't even go near the Principal's office! He propped himself up, seeing as how it would be a good time to go back into class and put on a good show. Before he entered the economics room again, he splashed some water from the water fountain under his eyes, to mock the appearance of tears, and he strutted in, fake sobbing.

"What happened, Theodore," Mr. Byte asked.

"Principal Deezer found all my cigarettes, and I have a detention every night this year," Ted cried.

Mr. Byte chuckled, "That's what happens when you break the rules. I'm personally glad you got busted. Now sit down."

Ted grinned in his mind as he sat down. He had put on the best show of all time. Now Mr. Byte was off of his back, and Principal Deezer had no idea that anything was going on. He was still upset about his friends (former friends) smoking, but as long as he wasn't in trouble, the world was good.

The entire class was staring at Ted until the bell rang seconds later. The class shuffled out, with Ted exiting last, feeling good about himself. Patrica stood outside.

"Ted," she whined, "how could you?"

"Look, Patrica," Ted replied, "I don't really smoke. I just said that to get Mr. Byte off my back."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Oh, I believed in you," Patrica exclaimed as wrapped Ted in a tight hug and ran away.

Ted smiled. He had just played the perfect card for everything today. But, in the history of Ted, things usually screwed up when everything was working fine. And, this situation was no exception.

After school, Principal Deezer sat writing on a notebook in the teacher's lounge. Mr. Byte sat a few feet away grading papers.

"So," Mr. Byte said, making conversation, "how did you find Ted's cigarettes, you sneaky dog?"

There was a pause, Principal Deezer looked up from his notebook, and much to the confusion of Mr. Byte, he said, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

« Reply #433 on: July 08, 2006, 03:43:29 PM »
Ooh, sneaky Ted.

« Reply #434 on: July 08, 2006, 05:12:51 PM »
And the plot thickens.
:)
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Print