Poll

Who is the best villian within the Mario RPG genre?

Smithy
5 (12.5%)
Bowser
12 (30%)
Cackletta
6 (15%)
Shadow Queen
10 (25%)
Princess Shroob
4 (10%)
Count Bleck
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Print

Author Topic: Best Mario RPG Villian (SPOILERS)  (Read 12072 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 05:31:33 PM »
No, I meant he was a boss you could fight. Here's the picture.......

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 05:49:46 PM »
That's an April Fool's Joke from SM128c.com
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 06:12:04 PM »
Kill me............

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2006, 11:09:39 PM »
The Shadow queen was a great boss but Waaaaaay too easy.

So Cackletta
What are ya talkin' about? I was going to say I liked the Shadow Queen because she was a challenge, and that Cackletta was easy compared to her. Well, the first time they're all challenges, right? Then the next time they're easier.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2006, 10:42:42 AM »
I beat the Shadow Queen the 5th time I faced her on level 24 I think..........so she wasn't too hard. Bowser in PM was WAAAAAAY too easy. I haven't lost to him since I beat him way back when. I guess the hardest boss would have to be Bonetail. 'Cause I've never gotten to him!

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2006, 02:39:02 PM »
What?  No General Shy Guy?   For shame....
"Mario toys........... Mario toys EVERYWHERE!?!?!"

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2006, 03:07:13 PM »

General Shy Guy really was one of the easiest bosses in Paper Mario. He was also a fave. I liked the way he talked and I humored him.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2006, 04:36:39 PM »

General Guy isn't the villian of Paper Mario. He is simply a follower of the villian Bowser.

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2006, 05:18:02 PM »
No, I meant he was a boss you could fight. Here's the picture.......

Isn't that the sprite from Wario Land 4?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2006, 05:28:32 PM »
Yes, which is why I'm baffled that anyone would've fallen for that. I still don't get how people get fooled by things on April Fool's Day; any time I EVER hear/see any news or account of someone on that day, I am ALWAYS skeptical (excluding the actual news, like, on TV and in the paper, which I am equally skeptical or believing on any other day of the year).

I voted Shadow Queen. The whole situation in and leading up to her was pure awesomeness. I also really liked Princess Shroob; something about what happens (which I won't say, as to spoil) made the situation really unexpected, although there was vague foreshadowing...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 05:33:17 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2006, 02:12:41 AM »
I voted for Bowser. You can't go wrong with Bowser as a villian, even if he is (becoming) the "comic relief" kind of villian, in most of the Mario rpg games these days.

Remember how awesome Bowser was in Paper Mario 64? I bet nobody else would've thought to steal the Starrod and ruining the world with his/her own devious wishes.

I really liked all the other choices though (except for Princess Shroob, as I have not played PiT), as they are all very unique in their own.. unique.. ways. (-_-;)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Sqrt2

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 09:29:59 AM »
Bowser definately since I thought the shadow queen was a little too easy.
AA fanboy and proud!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 01:59:43 PM »
I didnt pick princess shroob because the story leading up to the point had no or little logic.
i. e. babys and adults meeting, time travel(some exceptions), mushroom kingdom being destroyed in past but not in present

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2006, 02:00:19 PM »
Yes, which is why I'm baffled that anyone would've fallen for that.

I've never seen, let alone played, Wario Land 4, so I'm sorry I fell for that with out knowing.

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2006, 05:39:47 PM »
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.

mushroom kingdom being destroyed in past but not in present

This whole part of the story is an example of a predestination paradox. They were destined to travel back in time to save the adult Princess and get rid of the Shroobs at some point, so during the time period after Princess Shroob was defeated and before the Present era, the kingdom was rebuilt and all damage caused by the Shroobs repaired (which is why the Past kingdom is destroyed but the Present kingdom is all right). If Mario and Luigi never went to the Past to help their younger selves, the Past would carry on to the Present, and so the Kingdom would've still been ruled by Shroobs!

Complicated, isn't it? Yes, and this just another thing that should be discussed in Mariology instead of here...

Spoilers end here.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 06:24:43 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

Print