Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Character Suggestions  (Read 119227 times)

« Reply #255 on: August 17, 2007, 01:16:47 AM »
I knew someone was going to post that exact picture here!
Yeah, that toad is TOADally alive. No pun intended.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2007, 07:53:55 PM »
Sorry there, Toad. Looks like your hopes have hereby been crushed... but you won't give up on it, will you? You'll still be counting on "That's A Toad, not THE Toad," am I right?
You never know.

Sadly, that does look like Kinopio (or THE Toad). I am hoping that just because a Reatiner is being used as her B move does not mean that Toad will not be playable. Just like someone said in another topic: it made even less sense in the last game for Doc and Mario to appear together, so why not Toad when he's being used as a sheild too..?

You're right, though, BirdPerson: You never know.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2007, 10:43:58 AM »
I think they're wasting Toad's talents having him only being a shield. I think Ninji would be an awesome character to have playable, and I wish Crono and Rock/Mega Man belonged to Nintendo, so they could be playable also.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
Man, I LOVE Ninji! They're some of the coolest enemies ever. But honestly, nobody's about to believe that normal enemies will be playable in such a big mix up. Main protagonists and main antagonists, that's it.

But a Ninji Assist Trophy would be great.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2007, 09:09:36 PM »
They should make a SSB game where you could play as all the small characters/enemies, like Ninji, Toad, Koopa, Boshi, Goomba, ShyGuy, Spiny, etc.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2007, 11:09:50 AM »
Well we do have another Third-Party character. However it is only an Assist Trophy. It is Dr. Wright from Sim City. Though I may be wrong in thinking he's third-party (I think Sim City is an EA game, but maybe not that far back)

Also, for some reason, as an Assist Trophy they have the Devil from the NES Devil World, WHICH WASN'T EVEN RELEASED IN THE US! If they have a character from a game not even released in the US and no more third-party characters, I'm gonna be mad.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2007, 04:28:17 PM »
What the heck spam, they had Fire Emblem characters when there was no Fire Emblem too. It's not like they're making it primarily for America or something. Sim City is not an EA game, it's a Maxis game, and when it was published by Nintendo it was pretty Nintendoey.
That was a joke.

« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2007, 04:58:15 PM »
Also, it's odd to be angry about a game that was made in Japan and contains Japan-only characters. Not everything has to completely agree with the U.S. you know.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #263 on: August 20, 2007, 05:18:38 PM »
Well we do have another Third-Party character. However it is only an Assist Trophy. It is Dr. Wright from Sim City. Though I may be wrong in thinking he's third-party (I think Sim City is an EA game, but maybe not that far back)

Also, for some reason, as an Assist Trophy they have the Devil from the NES Devil World, WHICH WASN'T EVEN RELEASED IN THE US! If they have a character from a game not even released in the US and no more third-party characters, I'm gonna be mad.

You fail to comprehend the awesome that Starfy, Demille, Sukapon, Takamaru, Lip, Hakkun and Flint possess.

« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2007, 01:03:18 PM »
Sorry
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2007, 01:18:01 PM »
You fail to comprehend the awesome that Starfy, Demille, Sukapon, Takamaru, Lip, Hakkun and Flint possess.

I don't know who any of those people are. Except Lip.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »
-Starfy is the star (lol) of a series on GBA. They sort of resemble Kirby, but are actually quite unique in that every level is mostly submerged. You could call it an aquatic platformer.

-Demille is the hero of Tomato Adventure, a wacky GBA RPG made from the folks who brought us Mario & Luigi.

-Sukapon is an adorable robot from an old Famicom game called Joy Mecha Fight. It's a crazy fighing game that might've predated SSB by 20 years.

-Takamaru is a samurai warrior from Murasame's Castle, a Famicom adventure cast in the mold of the original Zelda.

-Hakkun is from Sutte Hakkun, a game for the SNES Satellite in which you have to paint blocks to make them solid and get around the various puzzling levels.

-Flint is a character from Mother 3. He's the father of Lucas and is a cowboy who uses big pieces of wood to fight.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2007, 03:27:46 PM »
No, Starfy is some guy who came into #tmk.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2007, 07:18:31 PM »
Where do you think he got the name, o wise one?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2007, 07:22:30 PM »
That was a joke.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print