Print

Author Topic: TMK's Art Museum: Show us your stuff!  (Read 96825 times)

« Reply #360 on: July 01, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »
What program are you using to create these? I would like it. :D
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #361 on: July 01, 2007, 07:11:40 PM »
Macromedia Adobe Flash.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #362 on: July 02, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »
You're good at drawing in Flash. Did you use the mouse or a graphics tablet?

« Reply #363 on: July 02, 2007, 02:10:04 PM »
The Ink Tool.
I want a tablet so bad... :(

Also

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #364 on: July 02, 2007, 02:28:13 PM »
You should consider Fireworks for vector art like this. It's a bit more forgiving than Flash when it comes to the pen tool.

« Reply #365 on: July 02, 2007, 03:36:34 PM »
I tried FireWorks and it was naaaargh.
I didn't like it at all, and a friend of mine said that if I need a vector arts tool, it must be Adobe Illustrator, hands down.
I'm hoping to get a tablet with the money I get off my summerjob, so I can start working on serious Animation business, maybe even getting a job at my aunt's advertising business. Nonetheless that's just future thinking, but in a nuthshell this post would be simply 'I didn't like FireWorks too much. I've been told to get Illustrator.'

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #366 on: July 02, 2007, 06:26:42 PM »
I actually have Illustrator, but I can't draw with a mouse worth crap. I do way better with a pencil and paper. Hopefully I'll get a tablet for my birthday.

« Reply #367 on: July 02, 2007, 08:44:49 PM »
Happy Fireworks!

It's a link to deviantART, so you have been warned. They wouldn't let me just put the image here. Dang it.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #368 on: July 03, 2007, 07:14:53 AM »
Clearly pixelated images don't look good if they're JPEGs.
If You do more art like that, I suggest saving them either as PNG or TIFF.

« Reply #369 on: July 03, 2007, 01:07:41 PM »
It wasn't supposed to be pixelated...
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #370 on: July 03, 2007, 03:10:35 PM »
I actually have Illustrator, but I can't draw with a mouse worth crap. I do way better with a pencil and paper.

Me too. I prefer drawing the old fashioned way, and I can't believe I live in a time where paper and pencil are old fashioned..

If I could get a scanner that works with my computer (cursed Windows Vista), then I could actaully contribute more to this topic than I am.

Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #371 on: July 08, 2007, 04:38:47 PM »

« Reply #372 on: July 08, 2007, 08:03:18 PM »
(As per usual, click to view it full-size)

I absolutely love this picture. I wish I could draw as good as this.

EDIT: Thanks for the tip, Sapph.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:33:47 PM by Toad »

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #373 on: July 08, 2007, 08:32:26 PM »
You know, you don't need to quote the entire post; just the relevant info is fine.

It wasn't supposed to be pixelated...
Art done in Paint (or using brushes with 100% hardness and opacity) = "pixelated"
Basically, anything with 256 colors or less should NEVER be saved as a JPEG or it'll be seriously warped. At LEAST save it as a GIF if you're not going to save it as a PNG. As a general rule of thumb, only save photographs (including edits/manips) and scans as JPEGs. Anything else go PNG.   
(I save everything as PNG unless it has layers I want to preserve; images with tens of thousands of colors I tend to make a JPEG copy for intarweb space-saving purposes.) Lossiness = evil. D:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:38:41 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #374 on: July 08, 2007, 11:10:30 PM »
Paint can antialias these days. I think.
That was a joke.

Print