Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 395220 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1530 on: December 13, 2010, 12:25:16 PM »
This week:

Super Mario All-Stars

X-Men Arcade (XBLA, PSN-3)
Marvel Pinball (PSN-3)
Quake Arena Arcade (XBLA)
Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves (PSN-3, requires PlayStation Move)
lilt line (WiiWare)
Darius Twin (VC)
Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ (DSiWare)

« Reply #1531 on: December 13, 2010, 03:14:21 PM »
Oh sweet, Zombie BBQ is a downloadable game now? I had fun with the game when I had a chance to try it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1532 on: December 20, 2010, 12:49:29 PM »
This week:

(no retail games)

Back to the Future: The Game Episode One (PC, PSN-3)
A World of Keflings (XBLA)
Frobot (WiiWare)
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner (PSN-3)
A Space Shooter For Two Bucks! (PSN)
echochrome ii (PSN-3, requires Move)
Top Darts (PSN-3, requires Move)
Eat Them! (PSN-3)
Front Mission 3 (PSN)
Neo Geo classics also start hitting PSN this week.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1533 on: January 03, 2011, 06:13:16 PM »
This week:

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS) (may or may not actually be next week)
Lost in Shadow (Wii)

ilomilo (XBLA)
Alt-Play: Jason Rohrer Anthology (DSiWare)
Auditorium (PSN-P)
Tetris (PSN-3)
Arc the Lad III (PSone classic)
Re-Loaded (PSone classic)

« Reply #1534 on: January 04, 2011, 07:46:08 PM »
We're back, baby! The end of 2010 saw a brutal hijacking helpful contribution from WarpWrattler but with a new year and much better computer access, I'm going to resume the legit list.

I don't regularly list PlayStation minis but Angry Birds is a big title.

When I first saw Re-Loaded I thought it was Re-Volt. :(

The non-Johnny Cash RB songs were all in RB2 but don't export to RB3 because of licensing issues at the time. Side effect: now everyone gets them for free, even if you never owned RB2.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1535 on: January 04, 2011, 08:50:58 PM »
I was going to list Angry Birds, but then I heard the PlayStation minis version is a horribly neutered version with something like a third of the levels of the other versions (including the free Android version). But if it's cheap enough I still might pick it up.

I've heard great things about ilomilo. It certainly looks gorgeous.

The main advertised features for that PS3 version of Tetris are things that don't matter for Tetris, like 1080p and 5.1 surround sound.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1536 on: January 04, 2011, 10:15:56 PM »
If you preorder Ghost Trick from Capcom's website (for about $10 more than it is on Amazon), you get a free copy of the first Phoenix Wright (or, rather, a $10 copy).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1537 on: January 11, 2011, 03:43:21 PM »
Dood! Ghost Trick is out! Shu Takumi is the man! I can't wait to play it!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1538 on: January 11, 2011, 03:50:58 PM »
Picking up Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded on the way home.  Not as good as Birth by SleepSome think so.  I guess I'll never know, but from gameplay trailers, I'm reasonably sure that I'll enjoy it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1539 on: January 11, 2011, 04:24:20 PM »
I need to play more of the first Prinny before I worry about the sequel, and I don't have regular access to a DS for Ghost Trick or Re:coded (but I was planning on waiting until that one's cheap like I did with the other KH DS game anyway), so nothing for me this week.

But those VC games are good. Particularly GnG.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1540 on: January 11, 2011, 04:45:39 PM »
Also, in addition to making Tomba! available, they should put Frogger: He's Back! up on PSOne Classics.  I think there are legal reasons for their not doing the former, but I don't know of any impediment to the frog.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1541 on: January 12, 2011, 11:05:30 PM »
Today I visited five different shops, all of which should have had a hot, hip new game like Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Four had nothing; one was a GameStop with a single gutted "new" copy (which I won't buy). I've been in this situation many times before, but today was particularly soul-crushing because I had to walk past the endless racks spilling with copies of Kingdom Hearts Re:heated in each of the five stores. There's no justice in this world man... no justice.

The main lesson I learned today was that saying "Ghost Trick Phantom Detective" out loud sounds retarded.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1542 on: January 13, 2011, 02:02:58 AM »
Could be worse, LD. I once asked the clerk at GameStop to look up DJ Max Portable 3. They don't have it in their system at all, so it pretty much doesn't exist in their eyes. If for some reason I wanted to trade it in there, I wouldn't be able to (regardless of things like it definitely being a US copy and it being impossible to create homemade UMDs).

Saying "DJ Max Portable Three" out loud is also incredibly awkward.

Incidentally, only one new game I've bought at GameStop in the past year or so has been a gutted "new" copy instead of a sealed copy from behind the desk, and it was their last copy in stock (and on sale). Unless your GameStop is even smaller than mine, I don't know why they'd only have one copy of a brand-new game, even a niche title; both of the stores near me are tiny, and they've had multiple new sealed copies of things like Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and Pangya Portable.

« Reply #1543 on: January 18, 2011, 06:03:52 PM »
The Japanese-only PS1 port of Mega Man. Huh.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1544 on: January 18, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »
No mention of Ys I & II on PSP? Chupperson would be disappointed.

Print