Print

Author Topic: Feats of Strength  (Read 6707 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 06:55:04 AM »
I think that goes in the "feats of awesome" thread.

I think it's most appropriate here. If you only knew the amount of strength of strength it takes to karate-chop a water bottle...
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 07:18:14 AM »
I think that goes in the "feats of awesome" thread.
Actually, before this thread was made, I was considering an "Epic" thread for all those amazing feats we've pulled off from time to time. As I think about the nature of this thread, it may still be valid (unless we rock it "High-Def Mario" style and totally change the direction of the thread).

Also, and this once again is more "epic" than strength-related (I announced so myself afterwards), but here's the situation: Our garage is now a weightroom (two of the cars are parked outside) but there is a bunch of other junk in there, including the cat food--which is at the direct opposite diagonal end of the room from the house-to-garage door. It's cold out there and I had things to do, so after tiptoe-racing to the cat supplies/etc. box--a large, hinged plastic thing--grabbing a scoopfull with the old bowl we use for a spoon, going back in the same fashion, and filling the bowl, I really didn't want to repeat the whole process. The he box was still wide-open so, frisbee-style, I threw the scooper-bowl. It sailed across the garage and landed in the box, hitting the back in such a way that the lid fell and closed. I reentered the house with a grin.

As I was the only one around when that happened I tried replicating once or twice for my brother later. No such luck.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 01:11:33 PM »
As long as this is focusing more on epicness than strength, I did pick up a 7/10 split once (real bowling, not Wii Sports).  Anyone who calls me "Twinkletoes" will suffer my wrath.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »
When I was about ten, my neighbor's big scary dog came running after me one day, snarling like crazy, prompting me to plant a pretty sweet kick on its face. I guess he decided I was pretty cool after that, since he's way friendlier to me now.

Also, I managed to sit through all of Watchmen without focusing too much on Billy Crudup's digitally animated blue weiner.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 04:59:07 PM »
Also, I managed to sit through all of Watchmen without focusing too much on Billy Crudup's digitally animated blue weiner.

[vegeta]W...W...What POWER![/vegeta]
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 10:30:47 PM »
Man Glorb, I hope you weren't one of the 12-year-olds somewhere behind me snickering whenever Dr. Manhattan was onscreen. How did they get in there anyway?
That was a joke.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 10:46:19 PM »
They were Manhattan Transferred in.
No! I don't want that!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 11:26:53 PM »
By that joke I take it you've read the comic.
That was a joke.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 11:40:40 PM »
Way before I saw the movie. I also bought BP a copy of it today.
No! I don't want that!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 11:54:09 PM »
Holy cow, somehow I read your name as CrossEyed's.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 06:51:22 AM »
My friend said he was going to lend it to me, but...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 11:24:07 AM »
I lent my collection book of the Watchmen comics to a friend and after two weeks he didn't read any of it and I was like |;.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 01:36:37 PM »
I recently re-bought the collected edition after being unable to find my old copy. I don't remember it costing infinity dollars.
every

Print