Print

Author Topic: Support the Mother/Earthbound Series! (KEEP ALIVE)  (Read 8678 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 10:57:27 PM »
Dude, what is wrong with you? Lemme guess, you haven't actually played Earthbound, have you? I had the same mentality until I actually played it.
i played Earthbound And I Just Do Not Like it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 11:00:21 PM »
Therefore, you phools can quit arguing about it. And there's no point in popibros1 coming in here just to say he didn't like it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 12:27:55 AM »
Or is there?  Maybe we should stop liking EarthBound because popibros1 doesn't like it.  Makes sense to me.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 12:08:52 AM »
Or someone can create a "Who hates EarthBound?" thread in some forum far, far away from here. EarthBound's not perfect, neither is Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy IV/VI/VII. So some dissent is okay. They're really really good though, so dissent should be intelligent and well-founded. And in some "What did you think of EarthBound" thread instead of a thread like this.

[quick dissent: The level grinding got really annoying really fast. As great as the rest of the game is, it's hard to look past spending two-three hours just to have the required strength to move to the next map. Maybe it's that I made the mistake of trying to get through the game at relatively low levels]
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 10:43:41 AM »
How dare you say Chrono Trigger isn't perfect?!

:D
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 02:23:12 AM »
I consider the move Hallation to be more flawed than not. It's exciting, yes, but a real pain. If you can convince me this move has a rightful place in Zeal's move set, I'll agree that Chrono Trigger is perfect.

The Black Omen is a real painful way to end the game in general, really, but after fighting so hard to get to the end, I don't want to have everyone's HP taken to 1 every three turns! 8D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 02:24:58 AM by Suffix »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 01:46:59 PM »
They feed on the fans' whining! >:(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »
I miss out on such gems on the SNES.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 11:55:34 PM »
I've actually had very few SNES titles, both times I've owned an SNES.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 12:04:46 PM »
I have all the common good ones

Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong Country 1-3
etc
I mean I do own over 50 SNES games, but none of them are those expensive must-haves everyone refers to, except Super Metroid.
None of the Final Fantasy games (except Mystic Quest >.>), no Earthbound, no Chrono Trigger, etc.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 12:56:29 PM »
Super Metroid's dirt-cheap, bro, looking at eBay just now.

-LD

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 07:06:39 PM »
^ ...Or the Virtual Console.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 01:19:45 PM »
Super Metroid's dirt-cheap, bro, looking at eBay just now.

-LD

Well yeah, but when I finally found it, it was 20 dollars, one of the most expensive SNES games I've bought (That wasn't new back when the SNES initially lived)

When I do get around to getting a Wii, however, I'm going to focus on obscure games I cannot find normally. Mainly, for now, for systems I do not yet own such as Turbografx and Neo Geo.
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 01:43:25 PM »
When I do get around to getting a Wii, however, I'm going to focus on obscure games I cannot find normally.
...Which normally gain that status from sucking (Sin and Punishment, though... I've heard that's good).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2008, 01:45:39 PM »
Sin and Punishment is at the top of my list, in fact.
Ditto used Machop!

Print