Print

Author Topic: Stupidest Video Ever  (Read 5981 times)

« on: June 08, 2004, 08:53:23 PM »
Hey, what was the stupidest video/movie/DVD you ever watched? For me, it would have to be some dumb Video Quiz thing we watched in Social Studies. The way it worked was that there were two people telling us about The Great Depression: Professor I. M. Smart and Jeanie Yuss. (HAHAHA! They used puns!) Anyway, their stereotypical "friends" would quiz us about what they said after they were done. One of the characters was Salty Gales, a pirate. He had corny lines like, "Arrr...answer this question right and you'll get a treasure...of knowledge!" He was sailing in what was supposed to be a ship, but I noticed it was A BOX! Also, the oars were just sticks, nothing on the end. Are any of you familiar with these ten-dollar budget videos?

There is no ''I'' in team...Nor is there an ''I'' in group, gang, crew, squad, club, band, party, crowd, cluster, troop, or set.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 10:44:41 PM »
I remember a ton of videos that my school used that were called "The Standard Deviants". That was always fun.

Each video was about thirty minutes long, and featured about six or seven teenagers teaching us about various subjects.
Of course by teaching, I mean reading cards that the guy behind the camera was apparently holding up.
The last one I watched, was about the Urinary system.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 10:45:15 AM »
Sounds stupid. Although, the sad thing about the videos I had to watch were actually made at a seventh grade level!! (Ba ba baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! NI64 reveals his approximate age!)

There is no ''I'' in team...Nor is there an ''I'' in group, gang, crew, squad, club, band, party, crowd, cluster, troop, or set.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 02:30:45 PM »
NintendoIke64, I saw something exactly like that in American Government class! Except it was about the early settlement of North America.

The stupidest movie I have ever seen is "The Sidehackers." It had no plot or sense whatsoever. I watched it in Mystery Science Theater 3000, a TV show that takes movies, displays them, and crack jokes throughout the entire things (which ARE funny).

Friends? Heh, these are my only friends- grown-up nerds like Gore Vidal; and even he''s kissed more boys than I ever will.

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 6/9/2004 1:32:27 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 05:26:23 PM »
Most Standard Deviants shows are pretty amusing. At least, they used to be.

The universe is permeated with the odor of turpentine.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 05:38:04 PM »
SpongeBob SquarePants. He is just -~stupid~-!

--------------------
Pokemon Jirachi wishmaker! One of the greatest Pokemon movies ever! But the short (Pokemon Gotta Dance) was stupid...
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 07:14:47 PM »
That's a good way to get flamed.  Then again, I said the same thing about Pokemon, and nearly turned nintendofreak against me last year.

Something I might say to marioguy in the circle: "If you can''t say something kind, then shut your mouth and get the heck outta my circle!"  
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 04:17:02 PM »
It's just my opinion...

--------------------
Pokemon Jirachi wishmaker! One of the greatest Pokemon movies ever! But the short (Pokemon Gotta Dance) was stupid...
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 04:34:56 PM »
But GG is voicing her opinion for a reason.

"Deezer is a moron, he listens to people like you guys, well, actually, he''''s barely working on his site anymore, always busy with other crap. Sapphira and Chupperson feel like they own the forum, or at least they act it"~jon
Deezer was here.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 05:00:59 PM »
"The standard Deviants" is Horrible. I see them in espanol. They think that they are funny, but they're NOT.
As for a dumb movie. Halloween 3, Mike Myers wasn't even in it! Or the birds. Dumbest Hitchkok movie ever.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 09:29:50 PM »
I've never seen the Spanish versions.

The universe is permeated with the odor of turpentine.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 09:41:25 PM »
"SpongeBob SquarePants. He is just -~stupid~-!"

Yes! Yes! That was what I have been trying to say ever since that Godawful show ever came on the air!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 09:42:15 PM »
Based on the above post should I reconsider my planned use of "The Standard Deviants" in physics.  I have one that is interactive I was going to use in a PS2.  I think having students use a video game controller may keep them interested even if the "video" is boring.  But, I value you guys opinion.  Has anyone here seen the an interactive Standard Deviants Physics DVD?  If so, what did you think of it?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 04:40:59 PM »
Finding Nemo rather sucked a lot.<p>

In class, we normally watch movies that aern't made to be edicational and are often entertaining. The Lost Batallion was full of all the gorey violent fun a child needs to function normally as an adult. When the American artillary directed towards the German lines directly hit the American troops who broke through the first lines of defense and one hit the soldier square in the back, exploding and flinging chunks of sweet, sweet flesh everywhere... awesome

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2004, 09:33:49 AM »
Alleluia! I've finally found somebody else who hates Finding Nemo! ALLELUIA!

Print