Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Explicit  (Read 6210 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2004, 12:45:05 PM »
That seems a little ridiculous to me. I mean, some violence, some undergarments, those aren't things that are going to scar a pre-teen gamer.

It would be funny, however, to see if Mario got any more attention for being rated Teen. But then that goes into the whole "make Mario more mature" fiasco that hardly any of the fans want... so I'm not going to go there.
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2004, 02:33:51 PM »
That's what you'd think, but I played so many games with violence and undergarments when I was little that now I run around with undergarments on my head and punch people in the spleens.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2004, 04:36:41 PM »
Aaw... when I saw this thread, and read the first thing, I got this horrible mental image of Wart pole-dancing at a strip club.

Let me away from this boulder!
Let me away from this boulder!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2004, 04:46:57 PM »
Wowzers, LD and Popple have serious issues.

Egg Power

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2004, 06:12:02 PM »
Well, LD, it's certainly not as bad to run around with undergarments on your head punching people in the spleen as it is to be deprived of Mario.

*turns back to the Great Altar, offering up a blood sacrifice to Miyamoto-san*

... Yep.

"Word I was in the house alone,
Somehow must have gotten abroad:
Word I was in my life alone.
Word I had no one left but God." -Robert Frost, "Bereft"
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2004, 08:05:08 PM »
Whoah, Popple... And I thought I had a sick mind
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2004, 04:25:42 PM »
I think the game is rated T for Teens because it might give some kids bad ideas...

*smacks randoms object with a golf club and shows undergarments*
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2004, 07:24:06 PM »
Sorry to bring up a dead topic (I haven't been present lately), but boomstix may have missed the point.

I mean really... how many times are you gonna be walking down the road and see some young kid jump up and do Mario's "Down the Drain" move (where his fist gets freakishly huge: Over + A) [EDIT: Now read closely to the previous sentence before this edit. The "Over + A attack I'm talking about is NOT the Meteor Smash. Read CLOSELY and you will figure it out... for some it may be as hard as finding the already-easy-to-find secret page. :)] or see a kid do Mario's ol' one-two and see their fists and foot grow about thirty times its regular size?

Hmm, some people must be delusional. One mailbagger said that Peach wore undergarments with mushrooms printed about them in SSBM. As we all know, that turned out to be a huge load of crap.

I think people are speaking crazy nonsense like that because they are so freaked out at Peach being exposed so much!

ARE YOU TOO FOOLISH FOR YOUR PANTS!!!

Edited by - Trainman on 10/6/2004 6:36:17 PM
Formerly quite reasonable.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2004, 07:38:52 PM »
Peach and Daisy's undergarments can easily be viewed for a prolonged period in MKDD if you have them in the back of the kart, after you're fired out of the barrel canon in DK Mountain.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2004, 08:44:47 PM »
I don't consider images of  cartoon characters' bloomers to be explicit or mature, but bloomers with cartoon characters on them is hysterical.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2005, 03:46:37 AM »
I remember seeing a weird book that goes by the name of Captain Underpants. All he wears is a pair of underpants and a cape. Like I said-- Weird.

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2005, 07:31:16 PM »
Captain Underpants is the funniest book I ever read as a kid. But why would Peach and Daisy wear jeans while Karting? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to wear the skirts from Tennis and Golf.

Dang Jackie, I don''t want to kiss a short, pale and poor girl.
-Michael Kelso, That 70''s show_
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2005, 09:55:47 PM »
Trust me. My mind is far more warped than any of you would ever imagine. Thing is, I never show -that- side of me here because everything here is more ... sensitive?

I mean, if anyone knows of a "mature" Mario type board (A contradiction for most, I'm sure), let me know. Thanks.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2005, 02:04:46 PM »
Go to http://www.zeldaclassic.com/,download it and the custom quest "Mario's Insane Rampage", and play it all the way through. You'll get a new understanding of "mature Mario games".

Edited by - CashCrazed on 2/2/2005 12:05:02 PM

"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Print