Print

Author Topic: WarioWare: Touched! Mona Pizza video - how to get?  (Read 5072 times)

« on: October 04, 2007, 10:03:26 AM »
Hello, I read a few on the Internet that you would get a special Mona Pizza video while playing WarioWare: Touched! with WarioWare: Twisted! in the GBA slot. I tried it out, I inserted both the Touched! and Twisted! cartridge into  the DS and turned it on. I started the game, but nothing special happened. How can I get this secret toy? Or do I have to insert the GBA cartridge while already playing Touched!? Or does it matter that Touched! is an European version while Twisted! is an American version (hasn't been released in Europe)?

Could someone help me, please?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 10:36:23 AM »
Step 1: don't believe everything you read, especially on the internet.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 08:56:00 PM by Luigison »

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 10:39:53 AM »
What exactly do you mean by that?

You DO get a video in Touched! for having Twisted! in the GBA slot.  The thing should simply show up upon entering the main menu area, like any other souvenir.
And have you checked your souvenir room?  If you had too many things out, it might have ended up there.
But if this is really a region compatibility issue, I'm not sure what to say...
Go Moon!

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »
Yeah there's nothing complicated about it so if you really don't have the Mona Pizza video, it probably is a region issue. Maybe they had to take it out of the European Touched! to fit more languages?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 06:48:47 PM »
I've got the vid, but region issues seems like the culprit here.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 05:13:52 PM »
I'm thinking the ROM headers for the American and European Twisted!s are different, and the Euro Touched! is looking for the Euro Twisted! header.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 01:29:02 AM »
But Euro Twisted! doesn't exist?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 10:10:34 AM »
Well then that's probably it (I didn't realize there wasn't a Euro Twisted! because I can't read posts); I imagine they took out the functionality from the European Touched! since its counterpart wasn't released there. Even though that's more trouble for them.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 10:13:01 AM »
Well oddly enough, Euro boxart for Twisted was just released.

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 11:43:59 AM »
Twisted! was planned to be released in Europe several times, but Nintendo got problems with European laws, because the cartridge contains a bit of mercury that isn't allowed in toys (and maybe also in other things).

I really can't find this souvenir in the toy room, even with Twisted! inside, it seems really to be a region issue. Twisted! is still listed as "TBD" on the European Nintendo site, but I doubt that it will still happen. Anyways, thanks for your answers! :-)

At least, the video is available on YouTube, though in a bad quality. I wonder all the more about it because the uploader is from France. But the quality is so bad that I can't see if the words (not the lyrics) are in English or French. Do you see it?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 03:03:52 PM »
Oh, so that's why my hair kept falling out on Crygor's stage...

It STILL isn't out in Europe? Geez, tough luck...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 05:30:51 PM »
It's too bad that song was not in Smooth Moves for longer than a few seconds...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print