Print

Author Topic: The Video Game Channel  (Read 5472 times)

« on: May 31, 2001, 06:03:23 PM »
I've had this idea for a while now and I'd like to bring it to light.  Digital cable has tons of channels, so why not add a Video Game Channel, one dedicated to video games and cartoon shows starring those characters.  This would mean we'd see all those old Mario shows we came to know and love but were taken off the air.  I'd get to see that Sonic the Hedgehog show (the one that isn't on Toon Disney), which I haven't seen in a long time, and even though I'm really not much of a Sonic fan anymore, I think it would be interesting.  Of course Captain N would also be shown, as well as the Zelda cartoons from the SMBSS.  In the programming hours that aren't filled with Mega Man, Mario, etcetera, a show featuring tips on video games would be shown.  I think this is a cool idea.  What do you guys think?

Opus the man.. er.. penguin
What'chu talkin' bout, Dextah?

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2001, 06:36:24 PM »
Man, that would be so cool!

Except it only happens in a perfect world.

Finally, no longer have those time periods where you say there's nothing on TV.

I can also see that my screenname or something inspired someone else to make something similar. If you're interested in finding out more about Opus the penguin from Bloom County, you better search really hard to find anything good.

Peaceful penguins, demented dragons and growling griffins, oh my.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2001, 05:14:34 AM »
Let's See, what can we put on the VGC? Hmm...

-Super Mario Bros. Super Show
-The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
-Super Mario World
-The one Sonic Show you were talking about
-Sonic the Hedgehog (the one on ToonDisney)
-Captain N
-The Legend of Zelda
-Extended Play (of course, that would be liscenced by TechTV, so we would have to come up with something simalar. For those of you who don't watch TechTV, EP is a show that gives reviews, previews, codes, tips, etc. for video/computer games).

Any other ideas?

This message brought to you in part by: Ð@Æ’µN|‹$†€®.
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2001, 02:58:08 PM »
you guys bloom county fans to?

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2001, 04:24:08 PM »
How about adding the Gamepro TV show?
Other shows:
Pac-Man
Q*Bert
Donkey Kong(not Country)
Dragon Quest/Warior
Nick Arcade
That other video game gameshow

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2001, 07:10:31 PM »
Actually, your screen name didn't inspire mine.  I've had it for a while, I just don't post much. I got it when this message board came along.  Of course, it's great to know there's other Bloom County fans around, and also on this particular message board!  I know plenty about Opus and Bill, too.  I've got all the strip collections and children's books (and I've read them all about seven times each), and back when there were some great sites I used to go to them.  It's great to finally meet you guys (penguinwizard and ParaTroppa(something? sorry, my memory sucks)), after reading your posts for so long.  Bloom County and Mario forever!

Opus

Link

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2001, 08:28:36 PM »
Hey! I'll see if it can be done over the internet. Is that the same?

The Triforce Protector

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2001, 10:20:44 PM »
shouldnt forget game spot tv from zdtv.
Sig...
------------------------------
Small Console = Big Ballz

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2001, 10:37:53 AM »
never seen game spot tv.. I'll try to catch it

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2001, 12:33:23 PM »
I have a better idea:  The Nintendo Channel!  Showing every Nintendo cartoon ever shown on TV:
Donkey Kong
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda
Pokemon (sadly)
Battletoads (since Rare is now part of Nintendo...)

And maybe all new cartoons and anime.  Here are my ideas:
Super Mario World (based on thr REAL Mario storyline, amime format)
Kirby's Dreamland (in Japan, too)
The All-New Donkey Kong Show (made by the same dudes at Rare)
The Legend of Zelda (anime, mostly based on Ocarina of Time)
Starfox (in whole 3D from Japan)
Metroid (anime)

And BIG Nintendo events:
The Annual Super Smash Bros. Beatdown (each year there's a Smash Bros. event, featuring two Nintendo characters per event.  Just imagine:  Yoshi Vs. Bowser, Link Vs. Ganon, Mario Vs. Wario, Ash Vs. Gary, DK Vs. K. Rool, etc.)(Based on The Big Game from Cartoon Network)
The Super Mario Bros. Super Marathon (a Marathon featuring every episode from every Mario Show, except the Mario anime)

What can you say about it?  Got any more event ideas?  Post them here!

Only someone will remain as the true Nintendo mascot.  That someone is Mario.  Go, Mario, Go!
Agustín, The Sage Of Fungus.

''Nuff Said.

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2001, 12:42:21 PM »
Sadly, this will never happen.

For years people have been pushing for an anime channel, something that is more feasible.   It's never been done.

I'd not push for a video game channel anyway.  It brings up too many misconceptions. For example, (and dare I make it an example) Pokemon.  Pokemon is a great game, but then you have people going from the cartoon to the game not knowing what the heck they're doing, and annoy people (such as at Gamefaqs.com) with misconceptions about what's true. It also brings up the point of information regarding the series itself, such as X-Men the movie to X-Men the comic.

I'm not so sure people would be willing to watch the same series over and over again on a station that only has around 8 shows total.  Besides, I think the original Mario series is a bit....corny. (*Dodges the flames that statement brings*)

~Prowler
http://www.vgcarchive.com
Character Archive Network
Annoying webmaster and bad speller extrodinaire!

Edited by - Prowler on 6/3/2001 11:46:02 AM
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2001, 11:30:35 AM »
But we can dream, can't we?!

This message brought to you in part by: Ð@Æ’µN|‹$†€®.
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2001, 03:42:04 PM »
glad to meet you opus ( is happy he's a reconized membor of the board )

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2001, 03:43:05 PM »
( and when i say "he" I mean "me" )

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2001, 06:35:45 PM »
Great minds think alike, Agustin.  What the world needs is a good Metroid series.  With all the stupid crap on T.V, (Ally McBeal, The View, Boston Public, Jerry Springer, etc.) I think a well-executed Metroid series would be a breath of fresh air.

I'd also like to see a Smash Bros. show.  Sort of an updated version of Captain N.

Also a NEW Zelda (i.e. utilizing the bad-ass art style and storyline of the two N64 installments) would be appreciated too.

This channel could also play all the cheese-ball video game movies.  :D

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

Print