Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG sequel?  (Read 17760 times)

« on: November 22, 2007, 09:17:30 AM »
Woohoo! Square seems to be planning a Super Mario RPG sequel for the DS.

Found: http://wiiz.fr/article.php?a=15171

Translated: http://gonintendo.com/?p=30026

One intresting detail is the fact that more FF characters are being brought in. Who?

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 09:56:52 AM »
UGH. Can't Square just stop bringing their characters into good things? Mario and Final Fantasy don't mix!

I can understand Disney. They made up a character and put him in with Disney and FF characters. But MARIO? Nada.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 10:03:34 AM »
Well... this seems to be more of a rumor than an absolute fact, but it's still promising (though Final Fantasy characters does=dumb. It was stupid enough in a Mario basketball game... and besides, there's already a billion FF games on the GBA/DS already). Personally, though, I agree with what someone said on GoNintendo: try putting it on the Wii! Or not...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 10:33:13 AM »
If it's real, then we have yet another case of brain-thievery against me.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 10:44:27 AM »
I can understand wanting another Mario-confined RPG, but what's with all the Final Fantasy hate?
Square is one of my favorite game companies.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 11:52:41 AM »
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 12:09:26 PM »
How about Mario and Dragon Quest?
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 12:21:27 PM »
For a silly little party game, yes. But Mario and FF in an RPG, negative. Could you honestly see Mario vs. Sephiroth?
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 12:23:53 PM »
Mario and androgynous young boys..... pass

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 12:41:02 PM »
YEESSSSSSS! Finally we get a true sequel to Super Mario RPG! but it does seem a little dumb to mix Mario with square enix guys. But who knows maybe it will turn out great. Becuase alot of people said the same thing about Paper Mario but look how that turned out!

When I say thats alot of people said about Paper Mario I meant it to mean by that paper and Mario dont mix in a way but it turned out great. Just so there isent any confusion
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 02:21:33 PM »
For a silly little party game, yes. But Mario and FF in an RPG, negative. Could you honestly see Mario vs. Sephiroth?

No, but Mario fighting alongside Vivi would rock hard. FFVII notwithstanding, it's really a great franchise.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 06:56:38 PM »
What, there's Mario vs. who knows what in Smash Bros. now, so why not other games?
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 07:26:30 PM »
Smash bros. thus far has been light on story, and the sub space emissary has yet to be viewed as good.

The key difference: the story.... which it its defense we have yet to see if it works, either.... so... yeah.

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 08:29:57 PM »
Hopefully it'll just be a few FF cameos and not a full on onslaught of characters polluting the game.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 08:42:36 PM »
I can easily see them employing the standard FF races, like Moogles or Black Mages. Even Chocobos as allies and Cacutars and Tonberrys as enemies.

Print