Poll

whats your favorite classic super mario game?

Mario Bros.
0 (0%)
Super Mario Bros.
0 (0%)
Super Mario Bros. 2
2 (9.1%)
Super Mario Bros. 3
7 (31.8%)
Super Mario World
10 (45.5%)
Yoshi's Island (SMW2)
3 (13.6%)
Super Mario Land
0 (0%)
SML: 6 golden coins
0 (0%)
Wario Land (SML3)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Print

Author Topic: favorite classic mario game  (Read 7427 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« on: July 06, 2008, 07:41:17 AM »
I have only included the super mario games that are 2D or from the arcade and NES or SNES consoles.  So if you think of Super Mario 64 as classic, sorry, I'm just not including games that late in Mario's life.  I also didn't include Donkey Kong because technically it's not a super Mario game, it just has mario in it.  And please don't nag me about how Mario Bros. is not a super mario game, I'm not going to be THAT technically correct!  Personally I picked Super Mario World as my favorite.  Have fun!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 07:43:07 AM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 10:07:30 AM »
Hoo boy, I can't help but think everyone else will say this is a generic/useless thread...
I like SMW the best.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:23:48 AM »
SMB3.
Items is the reason
What do Yoshi eggs taste like?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 02:47:05 PM »
It is a useless thread.  But then if you think about it who needs a third party website about a certain series of games? (no offense intended)  It's just for fun and to let people know what your favorite game is!

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 04:33:14 PM »
Yoshi's Island.
You didn't say wot wot.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 11:06:09 PM »
SMW.  It was my first Mario game.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 11:45:56 AM »
SMB3. Still my favorite game to date.
Ditto used Machop!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 12:03:48 PM »
my first mario game was Super Mario 64.  It was and still is my favorite mario game to this day.  Its just not a 2D classic.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 03:07:43 PM »
SMB3. Granted, I'm not very good at it at all, but I still love it.

And honestly, I've always thought that SMW (which seems to be cited by a lot of people as their favorite game) is a bit overrated. Now, I'm not saying that it's no good - it's awesome - but I don't like it nearly as much as SMB3. Mainly, it's because I personally think that the level design is a bit uninspired compared to SMB3, and because I don't like the level themes as much. I think I even read once that the creators felt that the design was a bit rushed compared to previous Mario sidescrollers. Dunno where though.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 05:21:49 PM »
In stark contrast to Zarkan's post, my favourite is Super Mario World and I dislike Super Mario Bros. 3 (it's my least favourite from that list, come to think of it).
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 09:39:53 AM »
Shouldn't Super Mario Land be on this list?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 09:49:17 AM »
I have to agree with Ultima Shadow. SMB3 is my least favorite game on the list.  It's pretty good but it was kinda dull.  I still like it just not as much as the others.  But if some people haven't yet they should check out the cool testers stage hack that is in MarioPedia on the Super Mario World page.  It's a stage specifically for the testers that was left in the game which you can activate some codes and follow some steps to access it.  But you can read all about it on the SMW page in mariopedia.  If you don't have a AR (action replay), the Super Mario World, OR EVEN AN SNES! You can just download a snes emulator and the SMW rom and it will work just as if you had the actual game.  If anyone needs me to I'll post links to the emulator and the rom so you dont need to go searching.  But I'm not sure if its against the forum rules so I won't do it until I have permission.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 11:10:16 AM »
You don't have permission.
That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 06:19:58 PM »
I'd say SMB3 is my favourite. I loved the new power-ups and the game just felt so big and sort of epic.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 06:24:52 PM »
I think a big part of why I prefer SMW to SMB3 is the graphics. SMW feels so much more alive. Especially since Mario's eyes finally have whites. And the physics just feel perfect. Yoshi's Island is good, but a bit slow for my tastes.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 09:11:18 PM »
Man, I hate SMW physics.
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 10:52:56 PM »
There's also the whole "Yoshi" character that was added in SMW...

Personally, I put SMB2, as in SMBUSA.  I liked being able to play as the princess and Toad for a change, and I really like the Underworld Theme.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 11:01:25 PM by Markio »
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 05:11:54 AM »
SMB2 is my second favorite!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 05:03:44 PM »
As pointless as I think this poll is, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that my two favorites on that list are SML2 and Wario Land.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 05:17:39 PM »
Well don't post what your favorites are.  Click on it in the poll.  I mean come on thats the entire reason for a poll.  Posting it when you could be just adding to a number is wasting server storage.

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 05:28:09 PM »
If I could, I would change my vote from Yoshi's Island to Super Mario Land. It's definitely not the best Mario game, but it's my favorite, and my first Mario game.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Print