Print

Author Topic: Anyone learning Japanese?  (Read 6355 times)

« on: July 09, 2001, 06:27:33 AM »
OK, I was wondering if I was the only Japanese-pop-culture obsessed psycho in here, learning Japanese in order to decipher imported games (in the evil emulator-style! Grr, baby!). Just curious. I started learning the other day by learning Hiragana, I know about 35 letters now... only about 70 more... and then the other two alphabets. SUch fun! Is it really as hard as it sounds? It doesn't seem too bad yet, but I don't know...
~Princess Peach "Sayonara" toadstool~

~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~
~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~

Link

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2001, 08:28:45 AM »
I wish. Then I can play all the cool games, like Harvst Moon, and understand what's going on. Then I can get the JP version before the english version arrives! I dream good.

------------------------------
The Triforce Protector
Ask me for Cheat Codes

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2001, 09:00:19 AM »
When I start high school in umm... in the 2002-2003 year, then I can take japaneese classes.

All hail the almighty Oreo cookie master.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2001, 04:11:59 PM »
They let you take japanese at your high school? They only let us take Spanish and French at ours. I have this obsession with language, so I'm taking 4 years of Spanish and 2 of French. I'm a junior now, just if anyone was curious.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2001, 05:35:36 PM »
That's what my freinds and my sister said,I'm still going ito 8th grade in fall.

"If it''''s a joke, laugh at it"
All hail the almighty oreo master

Link

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2001, 08:29:36 AM »
L u c k y !

The Triforce Protector
Ask me for Cheat Codes

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2001, 09:13:22 AM »
I know,I bet there are classes out of schools,you gotta try the yellow pages,they might just have something,but the high school I'll be going to does.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2001, 09:43:40 AM »
I'm not very good at languages, so I just wait for other people to translate things.

I'm still learning Latin and Greek, with Hebrew coming my junior year of college, and I tried German but that didn't stick.  So I'll probably never know Japanese (as cool as it would be.  Just imagine talking to Mr. Miamoto in his own language!  He'd be impressed, I'm sure.)

--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2001, 10:24:14 AM »
Wow!You're going to learn Hebrew!that's cool!I myself still have to finish studying by Bar mitzvah lessons,almost done!Anyways,that's so cool,i didn't think any college or high school gave hebrew lessons.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2001, 10:24:24 AM »
Wow!You're going to learn Hebrew!that's cool!I myself still have to finish studying by Bar mitzvah lessons,almost done!Anyways,that's so cool,i didn't think any college or high school gave hebrew lessons.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2001, 01:39:36 PM »
I'm taking Japanese this Fall with a few friends of mine. I'm really looking forward to it!
-----
Back from the Dead!
RaiaGirl :P

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2001, 01:50:01 PM »
I wish my school would teach Japanese! That would be so cool.. but I hear its really hard. It would be really great to play all of those import games and understand them (like the Final Fantasy games that weren't released in America).

Link

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2001, 06:27:09 PM »
:-(

The Triforce Protector
Ask me for Cheat Codes

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2001, 01:01:07 AM »
Oh, I think knowing Japanese would be cool for many reasons, such us understanding Jap material and knowing about the ideo-grams, very used on the Oriental languages. The reason I like English is just because I consider it cool. And it's a very good way to really know what actors are saying in U.S. movies. And it's fun!
I don't completely know English, but I think that if I can communicate with real English talkers like you, and be understood, then I probably have a very good level :) .
I go to a Public School, so the only thing we learn is English. Anyway, the level is very low and most teachers don't know what they're doing (the worst professor I had -what a jerk!-, in 7th grade, once write 'school' as 'schooll' or something). That's because teachers are best paided if working in private way than for the state.
I know that in some good schools you can choose between English and French.
talking about French, I'm thinking on learn it some time. But I can't find a really good reason for doing it; it's not so cool as English or so misterious as Japanese. Besides, it wouldn't be as easier as English to learn, because you can learn a lot of English just by watching subtitled movies and series. I guess I would have the same problem with the other languages.

Edited by - Sanctus Yago on 7/19/2001 12:05:29 AM
With enough soap, you can blow nearly everything up.

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2001, 07:05:34 PM »
I'm learning Jap at home.

Print