Print

Author Topic: Favorite Paper Mario boss/level  (Read 4821 times)

« on: July 20, 2001, 09:28:59 AM »
Hey-a fellow message board hawks! What's-a shakin'? Anyways, I've got another question for ya.

Who's your favorite Paper Mario boss/level?

I always liked Forever Forest/Gloomy Gulch and the whole "Invincible" Tubba Blubba storyline because it always seemed a lot more deep than the others in the game, except for the Bowser fight, of course.

Hey, my first name, it''s-a Mario, and my last name, it''s-a Mario too, so you know, I''m-a Mario Mario!!
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2001, 11:14:16 AM »
I always liked the Koopa Brothers.

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2001, 11:15:55 AM »
Yeah, they were pretty funny. I always thought the whole "King Goomba" plot was funny, too.

Hey, my first name, it''s-a Mario, and my last name, it''s-a Mario too, so you know, I''m-a Mario Mario!!
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2001, 02:25:24 PM »
I also really like the Koopa Bros.  It may have something to do with my love for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles way back when.

As for my favorite level...hmm...Lava Lava Island was cool.  I cracked up each time Kolorado tried to help!
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2001, 03:53:32 PM »
Thanks-a for your replies, dudes. I just love conversing with other Nintendo fanatics about...well...Nintendo!

I... love... Mario!!! *in a fannish way*

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2001, 04:39:47 PM »
I liked the Koopa Brothers, too. I also liked that little koopa kid (what was his name? junior, or something like that?) Who kept following Mario around. My fave level was.... all of them. I love that game!

~Princess Peach "Searching Ebay for a new copy of Paper Mario" Toadstool~

~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~
~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2001, 05:08:08 PM »
I love Paper Mario too. I'm still deciding on whether to buy it for my collection o' Mario games. It's actually my favorite Mario game so I think I should buy it. The credits are awesome, too.

Kickin' it since 2000.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2001, 05:11:14 PM »
I'll go with Lava Piranha for the boss, only because I was ill-equipped and ill-prepared (I used all my good healing items on the first phase, not expecting the second,) and just barely succeeded with a tactic of "disable main plant, hide with bow from spores."  'Twas a successful though close battle, and quite intense.

Aid
Go Moon!

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2001, 06:12:30 PM »
I'd have to say my favorite boss is Lava Piranha.  I love the piranha plants, and the design of L. Piranha brought back loads of fond memories of Yoshi's Island.

I also think it should be said the Forever Forest-Haunted House-Tubba Blubba scenario is priceless -- definitley classic gaming.  Oh, and the Koopa Bros. are cool.  I wonder which superhero squad Miyamoto and pals are going to spoof next?

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Have a nice end of the world.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2001, 11:51:11 AM »
Hmmm... I see a pattern. Its like in every mario RPG, someone gets spoofed. In paper Mario, it was the Ninja Turtles, in SMRPG, it was the power rangers. Who next? The X-men would be kinda cool. They'd have really awesome magic powers.... what about the Powerpuff girls? LOL.

~Princess Peach "Bubbles will save the day!: Toadstool~

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2001, 02:34:20 PM »
It'd be funny if they did some sort of rip off on the Teletubbies, except they were all evil and like did... weird stuff. Well, okay, weirder than usual. ...Not like I...watch the teletubbies or anything...uhm...anyways, it's time for my pasta, ciao.

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2001, 06:54:18 AM »
Forever Forest.IT WAS SO FUN!!!!!!!!I LOVE FOREVER FOREST!!!!!!I love the run from Tubba blubba(Ahem,Tub of blubber,if you never cought that.:))scene.and the forest maze.

(Meets the heart)"Oh no!You must have figured out I am Tubba Blubba!
"No"
"Have you figured out that if you defeat me,you deafeat Tubba Bubba?"
"No"
Mario and Tubba Blubba's heart:Paper Mario.

Quote:I like other Nintendo charecters,But the Bros. are the best.-RoyKoopa(But Link rules,too)
--------------------------------
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2001, 03:04:33 PM »
I liked Lavalava Island, with Professor Kolorado following you around. Then you fight the boss, and the volcano blows up, and you have to get to safety with the Star Spirit! I thought that level was cool.
I also like the snow level, because you have to figure out a murder mystery before you can do anything!
I also liked the toy box, it was puzzling at first!
My favorite boss was General Guy, because he was a military nut! That was a fun battle.

Exit, stage right! ;)
Exit, stage right! ;)

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2001, 03:06:11 PM »
PS. It's Junior Troopa, and he's a riot!

Exit, stage right! ;)
Exit, stage right! ;)

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2001, 08:33:47 AM »
As you can tell the Koopa Bros are my favourite boss. But i hate the fortress. My fave level is Shy Guys Toy Box.  also like General Guy,Jr.Troopa,Tubba Blubba and Tutankoopa.

I'm the leader of the Koopa Bros.
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2001, 04:11:22 PM »
I liked the Koopa Bros. better than Jr. Troopa. It's not like I hate him or anything but he's funny!
 ~Zootalo SSBM: 269 Trophies SMS: 120 Shines LM: 23 Gold Frames
Animal Crossing: AC Name:Jon AC Town:Jockero

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2001, 10:57:36 PM »
My favorite level is Lavalava island becuase of the Yoshis. My fovorite boss would probably have to be Goomba King, the way he wobbles as he walks. Tubba Blubba's heart a close second.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Print