Print

Author Topic: Flaws of the Mario universe?! (This is NOT a bug post.)  (Read 4976 times)

« on: June 26, 2000, 02:11:19 PM »
No, this is not a post about bugs. I know this may seem sort of out-of-the-blue, but has anyone ever noticed the flaws of the Mario universe? Take these, for example. How does Mario "stand" on that pipe without falling in? It doesn't look like he's got his feet on the edges. And those upward pipes in SMB3 and all. It looks like Mario just floats up them. If you look carefully, his hands are at his sides. He just faces you, smiles, and magically is brought upward. And when Mario jumps up to smash something, it kind of looks like he's hitting it with his head, but of course he's smashing it with his fist. And where does he get those fireballs? How come they don't burn _him_? If anyone has any thoughts or answers on this subject, go ahead and post. I'd appreciate it!

-YOSHI :P
Woohoo.

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2000, 03:29:03 PM »
There are far, far too many bugs of this kind to report in the Mario games. You'll go nuts.

-TurtleTek
www.extremesc.com/turtletek/beam

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2000, 03:36:24 PM »
Yoshi2 does have a good point here.  Why is it that Mario's clothes are never wet when he gets out of the water?  How is it possible for Yoshi to create an egg from a recently swallowed enemy in nanoseconds?

Hmm...
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2000, 06:47:14 PM »
I used to think about stuff like that when I was like 7 but I don't worry about it any more.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2000, 07:50:18 PM »
Yes, but I, for one,(takes deep breath)believe it is very hard for things like this to go unnoticed, even if you stopped when you were 7. Once and awhile I'll wonder about it, and I just decided I'd share my thoughts about it is all.

-YOSHI :P
Woohoo.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2000, 09:51:46 PM »
Well, Mario doesn't need to breath under water... In SMB2: The Dream Machine, monsters come back even when you've killed them... No one could ever die because time ran out.  And exactly what keeps bricks and lifts and coin and such floating in the air, anyway?

Sigh... I know I'm the one who tried to lead an investigation into the nature of Peach's shroomy origins, but I think we'll REALLY nitpicking here.  It was fun, thoug
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2000, 08:58:51 AM »
Anybody notice how easy it was to just pull a rocket out of the ground in SMB2USA?

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2000, 09:18:25 AM »
About that Yoshi thing Hinopio was mentioning.  Actually, what I used to always wonder when "Super Mario World" came out was if Yoshi ever went to the bathroom.  I mean, those blue turtle shells are hard to find, after Yoshi swallows one, shouldn't you get it back in a later level?
Mega 2

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2000, 03:53:39 PM »
We all remember how Yoshi can spit out red shells as balls of flame, right?  Well, what happens when he decides to use that firey shell to make an egg, instead?  Keep in mind exactly where that egg will come out.

All I can say is, ouch.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2000, 10:03:59 PM »
Uh, can you actually do that in "Yoshi's Story?"
Mega 2

Print