Print

Author Topic: What's the WORST Mario game ever?  (Read 15696 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2000, 01:50:51 PM »
I think that "Game 'n Watch" Is The Bad one.

BTW, I like SMW

Go Mario and Luigi!

Ultra Metal Luigi
Ultra Metal Luigi

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2000, 02:25:31 PM »
Yoshi's Story! Those stupid yoshies defeated me! I Just stole a tree! I was Just a little koopaling!
"Please Respond! Im cute, loveable, and the prince of the koopas!"
~ Baby Bowser Koopa : )

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2000, 02:35:00 PM »
Definitely Yoshi's Story. It would have been fine if it was A LOT harder, and there were more than 6 levels to get through 'till you beat the game.

~Mikle
~Mikle: An honorary member of "The Mushroom Society."

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2000, 04:19:29 PM »
Yoshi's Story would have been cool if you played all the levels, and to unlock certain levels you had to find so many melons, because getting all the melons is kinda tough.

-Yoshi348
Facts we already knew #12: I pick my nose.

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2000, 09:44:27 PM »
My least favorite game besides the educational games is Mario 64.  I hate how they changed the whole style of the game.  The levels were so repetitive, and I hated the control.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2000, 09:16:49 AM »
Are you on drugs or something? Mario 64 is one of the BEST Mario games in the whole universe (with the exception of Super Mario Bros. 3)!!

My least fave Mario game is Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA version). It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the classic Mario storyline! For those of you who have never played it, it's about Mario and his friends (Toad, Luigi, Princess Toadstool) going on a picnic. Mario opens a door to a strange cave and enters the world of Sub-Con: The Land of Dreams. He then hears a strange voice calling for help. It tells him that Wart, a giant toad/frog, has invaded their land and has sent out his evil minions to kill everyone! Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Princess Toadstool all decide to find Wart and kill him before it's too late. See how pathetic a story that is? Nintendo should've released SMB2 (Japan version) in the states so we wouldn't have to face this son of a ***** game!

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2000, 09:28:31 PM »
Lemme explain why the Mario 2 US plot was so dumb. NoA took a japanese game called Doki Doki Panic and changed the characters into mario characters and the plot into something stupid. The enemies are from Doki Doki Panic they left those enemies on SMB2US so that's why those enemies are completely different.

Blah Blah Blah Leave me alone.
~Waddlyman@aol.com
~Waddlyman@aol.com

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2000, 09:32:09 PM »
I still have one of my very first Nintendo Power magazines where they talk about how "great" SMB2 was.

~Waddlyman@aol.com
~Waddlyman@aol.com

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2000, 05:03:22 AM »
I think the worst one would be those dumb educational ones. Besides that would be those sport ones (Mario Golf and all those ones)
My favorite is pobably either Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2000, 10:18:28 AM »
I think the worst "Mario" game is "Super Mario Bros. 2: The Dream Machine."  I like it, just it doesn't measure up to the other "Mario" games.  Maybe I should say it it the least great one.  It's good, just not "Mario" good.  "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island" would be the runner up for worst/least great in my opinion.  They totally strayed away from "Super Mario World," threw out the time-honored "Mario" mechanics, changed many things to be more geared for younger players, and it almost seems thet they were trying to remake "Mario 2" in some ways.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2000, 08:10:37 AM »
I really think that Dr. Mario was the worst one because i dont really like it (well, duh)

I bought with
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

J.J. McCullough

• Groin-grabbingly Awesome
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2000, 08:30:35 AM »
But if it wasn't for SMB2(US) we wouldn't have Shy-Guys or Bob-ombs! Heck, we might not even have Toad!

--------------------

"Gravity is not only a law, it's a good idea."
"Gravity is not only a law, it's a good idea."

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2000, 07:18:14 PM »
I would have to say the educational ones.

My favorite was SMW2. I really loved it and still do.

Sorry about the last post!

Edited by - Yoshi2 on 6/7/00 6:32:43 PM
Woohoo.

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2000, 07:20:02 PM »
Yoshi2! Arent you thinking about all the little s who need to learn about stuff? They might really like Mario, and want to learn, also! Honestly, stop being so self-centered!

National Aithests Day: April 1st (no offense 2 any aithests)
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2000, 07:25:38 PM »
Sorry, I felt I needed to voice out.

My apologizes!

-YOSHI :P

Edited by - Yoshi2 on 6/7/00 6:34:05 PM
Woohoo.

Print