Print

Author Topic: READ THIS!!! Info About SMW in the Arcade  (Read 5182 times)

« on: July 03, 2000, 04:11:25 PM »
Hey, I e-mailed Nintendo, and I just got this letter back from them about the game:

Subj:    Re: Hello, I have a few questions about the arcade version of Super Mario World.

Hello.

I'll answer your questions quickly in the order asked:

1.  Q.Was the game any different than the original Super Mario World that came
out on the SNES (because I never got a chance to play it.)

1.  A.Arcade version was exactly the same as that for the Super NES.

2.  Q.Was the game in fact real?

2.  A.Was it "real?"  Not quite sure what you mean by that, but yes, it was and the game continues to be just as real as the binary code comprising this message.

3.  Q.Was the game ever released in anyway in the US or Japan, besides by the
arcade?

3.  A.Ahhh...since you saw it in the U.S. when you were 6 years old that's pretty good confirmation it was released in the U.S.  Canada too.  Don't really know if there was a Super Mario World arcade machine in Japan as Nintendo of America only has information about this market.

Thanks for contacting us, and keep visiting our website for the latest Nintendo product announcements and updates!  By the way, if you'd like to receive a free email newsletter containing the latest Nintendo news, sign up at http://www.nintendo.com/newsletter.html .

Nintendo of America Inc.
Bill Reno

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2000, 04:46:39 PM »
It being the same as the SNES version is the biggest pile of lies I've ever seen.  I know they were different.  And my brothers played it too and saw it too.  My mom and dad also saw it but since they don't play arcade games that much and don't have an interest they don't remember.

Edited by - TRM on 7/3/00 4:35:38 PM

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2000, 04:44:26 PM »
it was pretty cool but just dont get careyed away with it ok?

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2000, 05:16:06 PM »
How was it different?  I know I've asked this before, but I really want to know.  My friend says there is (or was) a version of "Super Mario World" out where for flying you had a raccoon tail (from "Super Mario Bros. 3") instead of the yellow cape in the "final" Super Nintendo version.  Is what you played the same game as he was talking about?  
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2000, 05:19:01 PM »
I'd say I was just dreaming cept

1.My brother saw it too
2.I know fo a fact there was a warpzone
3.They lots of times change games when porting them from arcades.  Example:Crusin USA.  Played the N64 version and arcade version.  Arcade version has cows in Indiana and Iowa that run out on the road that you can hit.  N64 version doesn't.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2000, 05:30:37 PM »
What do you mean by 2?  There are dozons, if not hundreds of warp zones in the whole of "Super Mario World."  Do you mean like a trans-level warp zone, like the ones in "Super Mario Bros." and "Super Mario Bros. 2?"
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2000, 05:32:00 PM »
I'm not really sure about that.  Differences were
1.When you inserted money a Warp Zone would come up and you would choose the world you wanted to play.   Then it took you to the beginning of that area
2.It was timed.  After like 3 minutes you had to put in more money
3.In the Forest of Illusion, there was a hidden tree stage where it started out with a goomba and then you flew above the trees.  It was located right of the blue switch house on that same path.
4.Roys castle at a different spot?  My brother thinks so

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2000, 05:33:57 PM »
My brother and I both saw it.  There was a warp zone some what like the one in Super Mario Bros 3 where there was pipes you entered and it took you to the area of your choice.

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2000, 06:41:06 PM »
I just posted what they sent me.....I remember the game being different too......even though i only got a chance to LOOK at it.

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2000, 06:48:27 PM »
Yeah well I wrote nintendo too one time and they gave me a whole buch of BS too.  

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2000, 06:59:30 PM »
Hmm...can anybody send me a pic of Forest of Illusion Map? I wanna make the map I think I saw....
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Print