Print

Author Topic: Baby Mario not Mario??? Rumors...  (Read 16260 times)

« on: August 09, 2002, 08:34:52 AM »
There is a rumor going around that baby bowser is evil Mario(water Mario) and seems to be confused about Peach being his mother...

If this is baby bowser then does that mean baby Mario is Mario's son? Rembmber the ending in Yoshi's isle where it took place in Mushroom kingdom and not Italy. Does this mean Mario has had a son this whole time when we thought tat was Mario as a baby??? t would fill in some plot holes though...

Blooh blah it sta bah
Blooh blah it sta bah

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 10:30:58 AM »
Actually, i think that the Baby Bowser from SMS is the one from Mario Party.

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2002, 11:58:47 AM »
Yah, I think that Yoshi's Island was a "children of the future", because of certain things.  I mean Mario is a few YEARS older than Luigi, so this would make more sense of kids.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2002, 12:47:49 PM »
Italy? Why the hell would it take place there? The Mario Brothers earth home was BROOKLYN, they love (and act like) italians because they're big fans of The Fonz.

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman
Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2002, 04:04:58 PM »
Don't you listen?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2002, 12:20:57 AM »
I can't stand the ignorance! And Deezer was joking about Mario being a fan of Fonzie! Fonz doesn't even talk Italian like! Go look on the "Where is Mario from?" thing and don't pollute another topic!! PLEEZE!!
THEY ARE FROM THE MUSHROOM KINGdom... oh yeah, no yelling... and anyway they went to Brooklyn to avoid the Koopa Troop! Why, Why can't people get it?!

...sorry, had to vent.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2002, 12:22:23 AM »
And for cryin' out loud, in the beginning story part of Yoshi's Island, it clearly states that this story happened a long time ago when Mario and Luigi were babies!!!!
Mr. Todd, Mario is a few --[{minutes}]-- older than Luigi, not years!! They are twins! Mario is the elder twin!! Why don't people believe stuff they clearly state in the games? And on the other hand, why in the world does Nintendo insist that Luigi is younger? It makes no sense, unless you consider that Mario was born first, and they are twins anyway!!!!! Why do people not understand? I can't take it!!

-Mr. C. Z. Weird will now refrain from being insanely mad at the people who don't know anything about Mario.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/9/2002 11:27:16 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2002, 12:54:41 PM »
Speaking of births, here's a quote:

Mario: I was born with a plunger in my hand!
Luigi: I know. Boy, that was awfully hard on mom.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2002, 02:29:19 PM »
That's from a cartoon, right? I, sadly, haven't seen any of them.
...the Mariopedia states: "Luigi is Mario's taller, slimmer, younger twin brother."
So anyway....
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2002, 09:13:08 AM »
In the cartoon and movies they are from Brooklynn but n the games nu uh, They were Italien brothers who hapned to stumble across theMushroom kingdom!

Blooh blah it sta bah
Blooh blah it sta bah

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2002, 09:23:05 AM »
Myamoto has sated Mario is from Italy, not Brooklynn! That was in the movie and cartoons! Anyway if the baby bowser is water Mario being confused about Peach being his mother then Baby Mario would be Mario's son. That would explain baby Mario in Mario golf! That would dismiss him from being from Mushroom Kingdom or Yoshi's isle as well.

Blooh blah it sta bah
Blooh blah it sta bah

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2002, 12:57:54 AM »
They only put the doofy baby characters in there because they needed more characters. The games that aren't in the official story don't have any continuity! Why are people trying to explain stuff that there is no explanation for?

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2002, 01:08:05 AM »
Also, why does the bros. discovering [or stumbling upon or whatever you want to call it] the Mushroom Kingdom preclude any possibility fo them being there before? Oh yeah, picture this in the SMB manual: "Mario heard about the Mushroom Kingdom's plight, and since it was his homeland that he didn't remember, which we'll tell you about in another game in 10 years, we just won't bother with Mario's history anyway, because this passage was too much info to put in the manual and we don't really have Mario's story established yet." You think the writers thought they needed to tell you that Mario was from the Mushroom Kingdom? They assumed no prior knowledge of Mario on the player's part and they didn't know what was up with Mario anyway. So, they just put a simple, undetailed story in the manual. Then, later, they decided what Mario's history was, and they put it in YI. It's not really possile to create a whole story line for Mario beacuse the people who make the story don't have it all worked out anyway.

That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2002, 08:09:23 AM »
Well, something that came out before Yoshi's Island stated that Mario was born first, born with a full head of hair, had a mustache by four, and showed interest for plumbing.  At about 4, his baby brother Luigi was born.  Who knows whats going on anymore?

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2002, 11:50:02 AM »
explain how mario bros. takes place in the sewers of brooklyn N.Y.
Mario was born in the mushroom kingdom(or at least that's where the stork has to go through. He had the little incident with bowser. Then, he was delivered to italy, then he moved to brooklyn. (america was a land of opportunity for immigrants). he got several jobs (including a carpenter) finally he became a plumber and that was that. he was doing a job in brooklyn. He got lost, he came out in the M.K. The rest is history.

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2002, 01:40:00 PM »
No no no no no! You have it all wrong Screech.

Allow me to explain.

The reason that Nintendo didn't explain Mario's history in the original Super Mario Bros. game was because they were just testing a new character that Shigeru Miyamoto had created a few years back (remember Mario Bros. for the Arcade?).

Shiggy had an idea for a cool platforming game with a little guy called Mario, who had previously appeared in both Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong for the Arcades. Since this was simply a test run for Nintendo, they thought it would be to laborsome to include a full family history for Mario, since this was his first starring role in a game outside of the puzzle/strategy genere.
---
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2002, 08:28:37 PM »
Screech. You are correct. Sadly, you win no prizes.
Mario Maniac. You are also correct. About the techicalities of why Mario's story has descrepancies. But you are wrong about Screech being wrong.
Todd. Whatever you were reading became null and void when Yoshi's Island came out. The stories in the games overrule stuff in the print world. And besides, the people that write that stuff... do you think they go and check it with Miyamoto and Co. before they publish it? NO! They just try to make a story that sounds good to them.

That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2002, 03:48:19 PM »
My friend has Mario Party, and he said that the manual sid that Mario and Luigi were born 12 seconds apart, not minutes.

It's ah me Marioguy
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2002, 10:34:23 PM »
Thank you marioguy! But our princess is... uhh... But anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2002, 11:10:27 PM »
12 SECONDS?!? Is that even physically possible? Their poor mama...

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2002, 11:26:33 PM »
I agree. But, it is a cartoon. So therefore, it happened.

That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2002, 01:29:58 PM »
No No No!!! you all wrong. Mario's parents lived in the mushoom kingdom, when they had mario and luigi bowser's father had started a terrible war and many people died. Since Bowser's father was a dragon he was very powerful. when he started getting near the twins home their parents talked to the king and gave permishion to use the speicle worp. with this worp the two twins were sent to the real world. There mother came with them into the world and in the dead of night took them to an orfanige and left them on the front step. she tried to get away back to the mushroom kingdom but one of Bowser's father's henchmen got her as soon as she returned.the war ended 7 years later, and the minite the war ended the qeen was informed she was prehnant with the Princess toadstool. 20 years later mario and luigi are plumber and stubled upon the mushrrom kingdom. after saving peach she told them about there parents and  such. and sadly told them that there parents did no make it through the war. Peach's father and mother retired and moved to some tropical island far far away. and the rest it history.

CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2002, 01:52:39 PM »
That makes a lotta sense, y'know. Thing is, you added too many details that were 100% made up by you.

Now, I'm NOT saying that my throey is true, but my belief is that they were born in mthe mushroom kingdom, sent to earth because of some sort of disaster (probably koopa war) and ended up in Italy. Later on in their life they moved to America, became demolotionists (mario's wrecking somethingorother) then construction workers, then it all happens.

If youre interested in conlanging (reating languages), go to http://www.4gigs.com/~conlang/yabb/YaBB.cgi a conlanging forum.

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2002, 02:01:20 PM »
My theory is totally grounded in fact. But do you believe me? No.

-------
The Vatican rules can not be changed. So sayeth the spider.
-Queen Spider

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2002, 02:54:14 PM »
Can't be bothered reading all those posts, so any repetition of previously-made points is purely down to my own laziness. Anyway - how I see it:
Yoshi's Island pretty much dispelled all the myths about Mario coming from anywhere other than the Mushroom World. It's also got rid of the whole "Mario's older than Luigi" thing.
The only real mystery is how the brothers obtained the "Italian" status. I can only assume that their parents were Itallian (or whatever the Mushroomian equivalent of Itallian is - who knows - there could be an Italy in the Mushroom World - but, I'm just speculating as I can only go by the games).
On the subject of Baby Mario and Bowser - this is just an odd time-travel thing, I'm led to assume. Caused by (I'm guessing) Magikoopas (feasable enough, I think). Why baby Bowser is cloned in the Mario Party games, I have no idea, but this could also be attributed to them darn magikoopas.
Was that okay?

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2002, 03:38:38 PM »
I agree with Red Yoshi.  I'm also tossing in a few other facts....
Wario and Waluigi would never have been evil (in fact they had different, forgotten names).  See, Wario & Waluigi are Mario & Luigi's cousins.  When Mario & Luigi were warped to Italy (or Brooklyn if you insist), Bowser came and attacked, killed Mario's father, kidnapped Wario & Waluigi and raised them in the Dark Land.  Wario & Waluigi were there because they came to see off their cousins.  Mario's mother was able to hide, for many long years.  Then Wario and Waluigi were given these names.  Wario was released first, for he was rude to Bowser, but Waluigi was very kind and all that, and...aw forget it, just go read the Waluigi Bio on my website!  Follow the URL below to get right to the bio.
http://www.geocities.com/supermariofc/bios/waluigi.html

Read it and you'll understand what I mean.

LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2002, 11:50:47 PM »
I SAY
They were born in the Mushroom Kingdom. Then comes frostbite's theory of how they got to Brooklyn. Then they got back to the Mushroom Kingdom. It's as simple as that.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2002, 05:56:15 AM »
Well, Seeing how Baby Mario and Baby Bowser were in the same game and now baby bowser is supposedley in Mario sunshine as water Mario so that explains how Baby Mario appeared in Mario golf becuse in fact that is Mario's son but then where did baby Luigi go?
Blooh blah it sta bah

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2002, 10:31:06 AM »
Now look: I've said this many times before. There is a group of mushroom-shaped houses in Pompeii, Italy. They were obviously taken there, not anywhere in the Mushroom "universe".

-------
Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality.

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2002, 12:52:10 PM »
Mario and Wario were childhood rivals (SML2 manual story). If Mario spent his childhood in Brooklyn, or Wario spent his in the "dark world" (or whatever that other chappy said) they couldn't have been rivals, and this would contradict the story. They must've been in the Mushroom World their whole life for the story in the games to work (ie not the cartoon or film, which don't fit in anyway).

I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2002, 01:11:23 PM »
Where does it say Wario was in the "Dark World" ?

-------
He kindly stopped for me
And Immortality.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2002, 10:47:09 PM »
Some dude said that in some message.
So lemme get this straight. Are you saying that they were taken from the Mushroom Kingdom to Italy? I'll buy that.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2002, 02:58:38 AM »
Well, I don't know. But I really can't see why people think Mario has any connections with Brooklyn. The stories from the games dictate otherwise.
In terms of the games, Mario has never been outside the Mushroom World. However it is explicitly stated that he is "Itallian". Why? I don't know. I suggested that perhaps his parents came from a part of the Mushroom World that was (via a huge co-incidence) called Italy and like Italy... But that's just (quite ridiculous, to be honest) speculation. I really don't know. It's a mystery why he's Italian. It's a plot-hole, and we'll have to wait and see if it's explained in any of the games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2002, 05:16:11 PM »
Read the previous messages. Oh, and Donkey King and Mario Bros. both took place in Brooklyn. And also, I believe frostbite's theory of why they're Italian.

That was a joke.

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2002, 05:27:41 PM »
Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. couldn't have taken place in Brooklyn.
Donkey Kong takes place on Donkey Kong Island - there's a place there called "Big Ape City", which is where the original games are supposed to have taken place (This is according to the Donkey Kong Land manual). Also, DK regularly appears in Mario Party & Sport games. This would be impossible if he lived on earth (Brooklyn).
As for Mario Bros. - that had Koopas in it, and so must have taken place in the Mushroom Kingdom. Now fault my logic.

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2002, 07:02:52 PM »
For the whole DK thing, you know how most animals in the Mushroom "universe" (Earth M) are anthropomorphic? On Earth, most apes only live to around 13. When the original Donkey Kong (Cranky) was around 11, and Donkey Kong Jr. (the DK of the Rare games and Mario Kart and such) was about five, they also found a warp to Earth M, and DK, DKJr, and all the rest of the zoo creatures in the primate section all went in (thus explaining how all the Kongs know eachother). They ended up in "Donkey Kong Country", DKJr was known as Donkey Kong, so they called DKSr Cranky. When Super Mario Kart came around, DK knew that Mario was there, so he dressed in his DKJR shirt so Mario would know it was him. And in all the other gatherings, he went by just "Donkey Kong". Fin.

-------
He kindly stopped for me
And Immortality.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2002, 10:09:07 PM »
Bravo.
Anyway, it doesn't matter what the DKL manual said, they just made that up, and plus that's all by Rare's faulty story writers anyway.

That was a joke.

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2002, 05:48:56 AM »
But it's the only way both Donkey Kong AND Mario continuity can work (and being so closely-linked, they do sort of rely on each other's continuity). Why is it unreasonable to say they all live on the same planet and always have done? Why does everyone insist on formulating ridiculous and stupid ways of bending the plot to get Mario and goodness-knows-who-else to warp to Brooklyn? It's stupid, poinless and has nothing to do with the games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2002, 11:40:33 PM »
Except that it says that DK, DKJr and MB all took place in BROOKLYN!!! Talk about discontinuity, where'd they get that Big Ape City junk anyway? I don't care what you say. Think what you want. But you are wrong.

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2002, 11:42:18 PM »
And why does everybody think that TMK is on another planet? It seems to me to be an alternate dimension of Earth. I've just never gotten why people say "Mario's planet" and stuff.

Regardless, frostbite's theory makes perfect sense. I applaud.

Oh, and one more thing: Waddle, if Mario was never in Brooklyn, why do they refer to him as "An Italian plumber from Brooklyn"? Try and answer that!

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/25/2002 10:46:27 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2002, 01:16:07 AM »
And why do people call the Mushroom Kingdom "TMK"? Do you call the United Kingdom "TUK"? No, you call it "the UK". So why wouldn't you call the Mushroom Kingdom "the MK"?

-------
He kindly stopped for me
And Immortality.

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2002, 12:13:07 PM »
"Except that it says that DK, DKJr and MB all took place in BROOKLYN!!! Talk about discontinuity, where'd they get that Big Ape City junk anyway?"

Big Ape City is part of DK Isles, and played a major part in "Donkey Kong Land" for the Game Boy. I've mentioned a lot of why the DK arcade games don't take place in Brooklyn before, in pervious posts (and I'm not over-keen on going over it all again) - but I forgot to mention that the original DK game had podaboos in it (Mushroomian creatures, those).

"I don't care what you say. Think what you want. But you are wrong."

Am I to take it that you don't whole-heatedly agree with my theories?

"And why does everybody think that TMK is on another planet?"

"The Mushroom World" is talked of in the SMB3 manual. World = Planet.

"It seems to me to be an alternate dimension of Earth. I've just never gotten why people say "Mario's planet" and stuff."

That's quite feasable, actually, as it would explain away the whole "Itallian" thing. But it hasn't been said in the games, so I don't know.

"If Mario was never in Brooklyn, why do they refer to him as "An Italian plumber from Brooklyn"? Try and answer that!"

They don't.

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2002, 12:25:15 PM »
Read the OFFICIAL NINTENDO Super Mario 64 player's guide. It's like "the visitor from Brooklyn blah blah blah".

-------
He kindly stopped for me
And Immortality.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2002, 06:41:50 PM »
1. You don't spell "Italian" with two Ls.
2. World doesn't necessarily mean planet, but that's beside the point anyway.
3. The Rare Donkey Kong games are a completely diffrent series than the Mario games.
4. They're Pod O boos.
5. The term "The MK" doesn't sound as cool, and I just wrote it that way for convenience's sake. "TUK" doesn't sound cool either anyway.

That was a joke.

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2002, 07:41:25 PM »
1. Right, yes, my mistake.
2. Okay. But it's not an unreasonable assumption.
3. But they are closely connected.
4. Really? Documentation I read said "Podaboos". Oh, well. It was unofficial stuff anyway.
5. Rightie, this isn't addressed to me...

And frostbite, I fail to see why a peice of descriptive text from a stratergy guide should be deemed as canonical.

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2002, 08:56:41 AM »
Yes, Baby bwser is the evil mario. for proof, go to gamespot.com, click on gamecube, super mario sunshine, movies, mario finds out who is nemisis is. or, just go here,(http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/media/0,11100,533287,00.html) and click on movie 21.

Can you feel the sunshine? Does it brighten up your day?Don't you feel that sometimes you just need to run away
Reach out for the sunshine, forget about the rain
Just think about the good times and they will come back again
-----------------------------
Can you feel the sunshine?  Does it brighten up your day?Don''t you feel that sometimes you just need to run away
Reach out for the sunshine, forget about the rain
Just think about the good times and they will come back again

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2002, 08:59:36 PM »
Mr. Waddle: they are not closely connected at all. Where did you get that idea?

That was a joke.

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2002, 02:42:28 PM »
Oh, I don't know - must be all the games they appear in together or something stupid like that.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2002, 11:59:17 PM »
Let's see:
Donkey Kong (Cranky)
SMK
MK64
MKSC
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Mario Party series
Donkey Kong GB (Cranky)
That's about it. All the ones except The Original Donkey Kong are not Mario story games.
Rare acquired the license for DK, and tried to create a story for their new "Super" Donkey Kong.... Rare works independently under Nintendo, correct? Mario does not appear in any Super Donkey Kong games.
The DKC series is a completely different series, end of story.

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2002, 12:01:10 AM »
Oh, you know, I was playing SMS today, and Bowser Jr. does think Peach is his "mama"! Poor brainwashed kid...

That was a joke.

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2002, 03:25:51 PM »
Yep just ot ar into sunshine and this proves my theory baby maro is maro's son at least I thin but anyway...major spoiler...((((((SCROLL))))))

Water mario is none other than baby bowser...That proves it...explains why he was in golf(baby mario)

Blooh blah it sta bah
Blooh blah it sta bah

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2002, 04:36:28 PM »
The Mario and Donkey Kong game series have the same roots - they started the same way, and have split up from each other into seperate game series later - agreed. This does not, however mean that they can suddenly start having different continuity, i.e. they can't contradict each other in terms of the events that happened when they were both part of the same series. They're in the same 'world', if you like. The only way the continuity of both can work is if they compliment each other.
Also, if you find two series of games that are closer connected, let me know.
Also-also, Mario appears in DKC2 - but that's besides the point...

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2002, 07:47:07 PM »
Theres one prob with that...DK got a diff licsence however Mario didnt...so Mario is still continued by Nintendo not like DK...that may effect yur theory there

Blooh blah it sta bah
Blooh blah it sta bah

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2002, 10:32:05 PM »
Water Mario is not "Baby Bowser". It's "Bowser Jr." "Baby Bowser" is Bowser, as a baby. "Bowser Jr." is Bowser's son.

-------
Arguing your minds to mush since August 27th, 2001.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2002, 11:06:13 PM »
Yes, and what's the big deal with Baby Mario? Mario never had a son, and "Baby Bowser" only appeared when Mario wasn't grown up.
Poor Peach... "I'm your mama?!" Bowser must be really mean to tell his own kid lies like that...... and how does he keep having kids? Where's Mrs. Bowser?

Other subject: It still doesn't matter about the DKL manual. I don't think most people consider Mario and the new DK games to be in the same world... ok, maybe I'm wrong there since you get to play Donkey Kong in DK64... but anyway, the rights to DK were acquired by Rare, and they built a completely new story around that. The DKC series didn't really branch off from the Mario games, it just kinda detached and started its own new storyline.

That was a joke.

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2002, 11:22:53 AM »
I don't think you understood (though that may be down to my crap wording). What I meant was that just because they've become two different series doesn't mean that their history is has become different for one another. Rare aquired the licence - but they didn't re-write any of DK history. They just built on it - a lot. What happened in DK history happened in Mario history too. And will someone please explain how the debate ended up on this subject... I've completely lost track...

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2002, 01:54:55 PM »
Of course baby mario is mario,HES BABY MARIO!

www.songbirdocarina.com

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2002, 03:22:21 PM »
Excuse me Frostbite but he is only refered to once in the game as Juniour, which he is like most fathers call their sons. Othewise it's baby bowser face the facts. If you disagree then explain to me how much more sence that would make if it is baby B? Look at baby mario...Why is he in Golf? Explain that...and why Myamoto says the brothers are from Italy? Why did YI take place at the end in MK an why does Kamek say in the end "Oh, dear oh dear your fathrwill have my head if I don't help out!" Or somthin like that...replay it he refrences to the father of baby bowser...face the facts will you?

Blooh blah it sta bah
Blooh blah it sta bah

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2002, 10:33:42 PM »
Baby Mario is in Mario Golf and Mario Tennis because Mario has a "time machine". Haven't you ever played the game 'Mario's Time Machine'? The time machine is the title character!!

-------
Arguing your minds to mush since August 27th, 2001.

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2002, 12:41:55 PM »
Well I've completed the game now, so I can actually comment on this subject...
The facts are this: The chappy in Mario Sunshine is Bowser's son (Who is referred to as Junior at least twice, to my mind), and as he only has a passing resemblance to the Baby Bowser in Yoshi's Island, I can't see why anyone should think that's who he is. As for Mario Golf and all that - blame Magikoopas for doing time experiments. Or, something...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2002, 11:46:57 PM »
Ok, I will agree with that. Yes, of course he's Bowser's son, Baby Bowser had a tooth. Bowser Jr. has no teeth, as far as I can see. And he doesn't look as spiteful as Baby Bowser either.
Other Subject once again:
But still, regardless of what you say, DK, DKjr and MB took place in Brooklyn. The argument works both ways, see: You say it happened on Donkey Kong Island or whatever because it says it in RARE's manual. I say it happened in Brooklyn because Miyamoto said it. I'd trust Shiggy more than the guys who bought the license from Nintendo.

That was a joke.

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2002, 02:29:57 PM »
They didn't by the rights from Nintendo. They're just Nintendo's henchmen.

-------
A shiny! It came out of the yucky!

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2002, 07:46:33 PM »
I don't recall Kamek mentioning Bowser's parents in any way...

And my take on Bowser Jr. is the old standby excuse: Magikoopas. Nintendo hasn't mentioned Bowser having a female companion of any sort, and the Koopalings kind of faded away without having their mom explained either. Bowser's a pretty busy guy to be hitting singles bars, so he prolly just had his Magikoopas do their stuff and produce him an heir. And when Bowser Jr. grew up and asked where his mom was, it would have been much easier to just blame Peachie (maybe a little wishful thinking too, if you consider Paper Mario canon :p). From there it would have been cake to convince the kid that that rascal Mario is the reason his momma's never around.

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2002, 09:24:23 PM »
Just because they call him Italian doesnt mean he is really from there. I am considered Irish and I was born in America.

Maybe Donkey Kong fled to the "Mushroom Kingdom Demension" to DK island after Mario owned him.

Who knows how Bowser reproduces. Hes a big spikey turtle for christs sake.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2002, 12:05:31 AM »
"Just because they call him Italian" doesn't mean he's NOT from Italy, either.

frostbite: Yeah, that's true, I guess, but still, they took the DK idea and ran away with it.

I'd still trust what Miyamoto says (that Mario's from Italy & Brooklyn) than what Rare says.
Like I was saying, the two worlds have diverged into things so completely different, what's the point of trying to make up a continuity between them anyway?

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/5/2002 11:06:06 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2002, 01:21:35 PM »
The only real point is that it's a good way of explaining away DK's appearences in Mario games.
I trust Miyamoto and Rare equally, but in this case I'll side with Rare, seeing it's a major part of a game plot (and because it really doesn't matter either way for Mario - Brooklyn or Big Ape City).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2002, 08:07:28 PM »
Think what you want, O Master of Ignorance. Miyamoto said Mario's from Brooklyn. The Mario Mania Player's Guide says he's from Brooklyn. The guys that auditioned Charles Martinet said Mario's from Brooklyn. Rare's story is incongruous. They simply wanted to give DK some backstory, since he had none whatsoever prior to DKC.

That was a joke.

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2002, 04:05:54 PM »
This is a lovely topic. Well, here's what I think. An Italian couple from Brooklyn somehow stumbled upon the Mushroom Kingdom. After a while, they decided to live there. They decided to have kids and before the stork could come, Kamek took Luigi, missed Mario, blah blah blah.... *ahem* After Yoshi and Mario defeated Bowser (As a baby), Mario and Luigi were safely delivered. However, Bowser got angry, and waged war on the Mushroom Kingdom (With help from Kamek). Mario and Luigi's parents, escaped to Brooklyn (The same way they entered TMK) and put Mario and Luigi in an orphanage. The parents went to help in "The Great Koopa War" (As I've called it) but sadly died. Mario and Luigi led normal lives (While Bowser was busy dictating in TMK) and Luigi got a job as a plumber, and Mario a carpenter. The Donkey Kong game takes place and stuff, then Mario decides to help Luigi in the plumbing business. While in the sewers, they stumbled upon their homeland, The Mushroom Kingdom, found out about the war, and decided to stop Bowser. How Bowser's son (YES! The baby Bowser in SMS IS Bowsers son, and Peach even says "So you're Bowser's son...." And B.Bowser even called him "Papa") came around we may never know. Same with the Koopalings (Iggy, Morton, Roy, Wendy, Larry, Lemmy, and Ludwig). It's possible he "made" them with Kamek or something. Well, that's the end of my rant.

All your base are belong to us!
All your base are belong to us!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2002, 07:31:07 PM »
You have no chance to survive make your time.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

Print