Print

Author Topic: Baby Mario not Mario??? Rumors...  (Read 16261 times)

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2002, 01:11:23 PM »
Where does it say Wario was in the "Dark World" ?

-------
Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2002, 10:47:09 PM »
Some dude said that in some message.
So lemme get this straight. Are you saying that they were taken from the Mushroom Kingdom to Italy? I'll buy that.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2002, 02:58:38 AM »
Well, I don't know. But I really can't see why people think Mario has any connections with Brooklyn. The stories from the games dictate otherwise.
In terms of the games, Mario has never been outside the Mushroom World. However it is explicitly stated that he is "Itallian". Why? I don't know. I suggested that perhaps his parents came from a part of the Mushroom World that was (via a huge co-incidence) called Italy and like Italy... But that's just (quite ridiculous, to be honest) speculation. I really don't know. It's a mystery why he's Italian. It's a plot-hole, and we'll have to wait and see if it's explained in any of the games.

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2002, 05:16:11 PM »
Read the previous messages. Oh, and Donkey King and Mario Bros. both took place in Brooklyn. And also, I believe frostbite's theory of why they're Italian.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2002, 05:27:41 PM »
Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. couldn't have taken place in Brooklyn.
Donkey Kong takes place on Donkey Kong Island - there's a place there called "Big Ape City", which is where the original games are supposed to have taken place (This is according to the Donkey Kong Land manual). Also, DK regularly appears in Mario Party & Sport games. This would be impossible if he lived on earth (Brooklyn).
As for Mario Bros. - that had Koopas in it, and so must have taken place in the Mushroom Kingdom. Now fault my logic.

I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2002, 07:02:52 PM »
For the whole DK thing, you know how most animals in the Mushroom "universe" (Earth M) are anthropomorphic? On Earth, most apes only live to around 13. When the original Donkey Kong (Cranky) was around 11, and Donkey Kong Jr. (the DK of the Rare games and Mario Kart and such) was about five, they also found a warp to Earth M, and DK, DKJr, and all the rest of the zoo creatures in the primate section all went in (thus explaining how all the Kongs know eachother). They ended up in "Donkey Kong Country", DKJr was known as Donkey Kong, so they called DKSr Cranky. When Super Mario Kart came around, DK knew that Mario was there, so he dressed in his DKJR shirt so Mario would know it was him. And in all the other gatherings, he went by just "Donkey Kong". Fin.

-------
He kindly stopped for me
And Immortality.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2002, 10:09:07 PM »
Bravo.
Anyway, it doesn't matter what the DKL manual said, they just made that up, and plus that's all by Rare's faulty story writers anyway.

That was a joke.

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2002, 05:48:56 AM »
But it's the only way both Donkey Kong AND Mario continuity can work (and being so closely-linked, they do sort of rely on each other's continuity). Why is it unreasonable to say they all live on the same planet and always have done? Why does everyone insist on formulating ridiculous and stupid ways of bending the plot to get Mario and goodness-knows-who-else to warp to Brooklyn? It's stupid, poinless and has nothing to do with the games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2002, 11:40:33 PM »
Except that it says that DK, DKJr and MB all took place in BROOKLYN!!! Talk about discontinuity, where'd they get that Big Ape City junk anyway? I don't care what you say. Think what you want. But you are wrong.

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2002, 11:42:18 PM »
And why does everybody think that TMK is on another planet? It seems to me to be an alternate dimension of Earth. I've just never gotten why people say "Mario's planet" and stuff.

Regardless, frostbite's theory makes perfect sense. I applaud.

Oh, and one more thing: Waddle, if Mario was never in Brooklyn, why do they refer to him as "An Italian plumber from Brooklyn"? Try and answer that!

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/25/2002 10:46:27 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2002, 01:16:07 AM »
And why do people call the Mushroom Kingdom "TMK"? Do you call the United Kingdom "TUK"? No, you call it "the UK". So why wouldn't you call the Mushroom Kingdom "the MK"?

-------
He kindly stopped for me
And Immortality.

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2002, 12:13:07 PM »
"Except that it says that DK, DKJr and MB all took place in BROOKLYN!!! Talk about discontinuity, where'd they get that Big Ape City junk anyway?"

Big Ape City is part of DK Isles, and played a major part in "Donkey Kong Land" for the Game Boy. I've mentioned a lot of why the DK arcade games don't take place in Brooklyn before, in pervious posts (and I'm not over-keen on going over it all again) - but I forgot to mention that the original DK game had podaboos in it (Mushroomian creatures, those).

"I don't care what you say. Think what you want. But you are wrong."

Am I to take it that you don't whole-heatedly agree with my theories?

"And why does everybody think that TMK is on another planet?"

"The Mushroom World" is talked of in the SMB3 manual. World = Planet.

"It seems to me to be an alternate dimension of Earth. I've just never gotten why people say "Mario's planet" and stuff."

That's quite feasable, actually, as it would explain away the whole "Itallian" thing. But it hasn't been said in the games, so I don't know.

"If Mario was never in Brooklyn, why do they refer to him as "An Italian plumber from Brooklyn"? Try and answer that!"

They don't.

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2002, 12:25:15 PM »
Read the OFFICIAL NINTENDO Super Mario 64 player's guide. It's like "the visitor from Brooklyn blah blah blah".

-------
He kindly stopped for me
And Immortality.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2002, 06:41:50 PM »
1. You don't spell "Italian" with two Ls.
2. World doesn't necessarily mean planet, but that's beside the point anyway.
3. The Rare Donkey Kong games are a completely diffrent series than the Mario games.
4. They're Pod O boos.
5. The term "The MK" doesn't sound as cool, and I just wrote it that way for convenience's sake. "TUK" doesn't sound cool either anyway.

That was a joke.

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2002, 07:41:25 PM »
1. Right, yes, my mistake.
2. Okay. But it's not an unreasonable assumption.
3. But they are closely connected.
4. Really? Documentation I read said "Podaboos". Oh, well. It was unofficial stuff anyway.
5. Rightie, this isn't addressed to me...

And frostbite, I fail to see why a peice of descriptive text from a stratergy guide should be deemed as canonical.

Print