Print

Author Topic: Baby Mario not Mario??? Rumors...  (Read 16203 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2002, 11:46:57 PM »
Ok, I will agree with that. Yes, of course he's Bowser's son, Baby Bowser had a tooth. Bowser Jr. has no teeth, as far as I can see. And he doesn't look as spiteful as Baby Bowser either.
Other Subject once again:
But still, regardless of what you say, DK, DKjr and MB took place in Brooklyn. The argument works both ways, see: You say it happened on Donkey Kong Island or whatever because it says it in RARE's manual. I say it happened in Brooklyn because Miyamoto said it. I'd trust Shiggy more than the guys who bought the license from Nintendo.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2002, 02:29:57 PM »
They didn't by the rights from Nintendo. They're just Nintendo's henchmen.

-------
A shiny! It came out of the yucky!

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2002, 07:46:33 PM »
I don't recall Kamek mentioning Bowser's parents in any way...

And my take on Bowser Jr. is the old standby excuse: Magikoopas. Nintendo hasn't mentioned Bowser having a female companion of any sort, and the Koopalings kind of faded away without having their mom explained either. Bowser's a pretty busy guy to be hitting singles bars, so he prolly just had his Magikoopas do their stuff and produce him an heir. And when Bowser Jr. grew up and asked where his mom was, it would have been much easier to just blame Peachie (maybe a little wishful thinking too, if you consider Paper Mario canon :p). From there it would have been cake to convince the kid that that rascal Mario is the reason his momma's never around.

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2002, 09:24:23 PM »
Just because they call him Italian doesnt mean he is really from there. I am considered Irish and I was born in America.

Maybe Donkey Kong fled to the "Mushroom Kingdom Demension" to DK island after Mario owned him.

Who knows how Bowser reproduces. Hes a big spikey turtle for christs sake.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2002, 12:05:31 AM »
"Just because they call him Italian" doesn't mean he's NOT from Italy, either.

frostbite: Yeah, that's true, I guess, but still, they took the DK idea and ran away with it.

I'd still trust what Miyamoto says (that Mario's from Italy & Brooklyn) than what Rare says.
Like I was saying, the two worlds have diverged into things so completely different, what's the point of trying to make up a continuity between them anyway?

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/5/2002 11:06:06 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2002, 01:21:35 PM »
The only real point is that it's a good way of explaining away DK's appearences in Mario games.
I trust Miyamoto and Rare equally, but in this case I'll side with Rare, seeing it's a major part of a game plot (and because it really doesn't matter either way for Mario - Brooklyn or Big Ape City).

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2002, 08:07:28 PM »
Think what you want, O Master of Ignorance. Miyamoto said Mario's from Brooklyn. The Mario Mania Player's Guide says he's from Brooklyn. The guys that auditioned Charles Martinet said Mario's from Brooklyn. Rare's story is incongruous. They simply wanted to give DK some backstory, since he had none whatsoever prior to DKC.

That was a joke.

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2002, 04:05:54 PM »
This is a lovely topic. Well, here's what I think. An Italian couple from Brooklyn somehow stumbled upon the Mushroom Kingdom. After a while, they decided to live there. They decided to have kids and before the stork could come, Kamek took Luigi, missed Mario, blah blah blah.... *ahem* After Yoshi and Mario defeated Bowser (As a baby), Mario and Luigi were safely delivered. However, Bowser got angry, and waged war on the Mushroom Kingdom (With help from Kamek). Mario and Luigi's parents, escaped to Brooklyn (The same way they entered TMK) and put Mario and Luigi in an orphanage. The parents went to help in "The Great Koopa War" (As I've called it) but sadly died. Mario and Luigi led normal lives (While Bowser was busy dictating in TMK) and Luigi got a job as a plumber, and Mario a carpenter. The Donkey Kong game takes place and stuff, then Mario decides to help Luigi in the plumbing business. While in the sewers, they stumbled upon their homeland, The Mushroom Kingdom, found out about the war, and decided to stop Bowser. How Bowser's son (YES! The baby Bowser in SMS IS Bowsers son, and Peach even says "So you're Bowser's son...." And B.Bowser even called him "Papa") came around we may never know. Same with the Koopalings (Iggy, Morton, Roy, Wendy, Larry, Lemmy, and Ludwig). It's possible he "made" them with Kamek or something. Well, that's the end of my rant.

All your base are belong to us!
All your base are belong to us!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2002, 07:31:07 PM »
You have no chance to survive make your time.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

Print