Print

Author Topic: A link to Mario Bros  (Read 2634 times)

« on: August 24, 2002, 09:04:19 PM »
Everyone knows the "link" between zelda and smb3 right? The whirlwind/tornado thingies that are sommone by flutes and the music played is the same. Well i have spoted yet another "borrowed" idea from zelda to smb2. Anyone who has played zelda knows those weird sorcorer magic people who shoot magic and links magic wand right? well the sound that is made there is the same as the sound that the the drangon boss thing (im bad with names) makes when it shoots its eggs in smb2 for nes! are there any other thing that mr. myimoto(sp?) "borrowed" in these nes titles?

Gremlins;small creature blamed for the disruption of airplanes or any task.

Gremlins... natures candy.
Gremlins;small creature blamed for the disruption of airplanes or any task.

Gremlins... natures candy.

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 05:59:16 AM »
Goombas... Piranha Plants... Chomps...

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 02:18:49 PM »
You mean Birdo or Tryclyde? Anyway, I've found another one. Remember how the Happy Mask salesman from Majora's Mask had a Mario Mask on the back of that large bundle that he carried? Well, I've noticed that that mask looks like the masks that... umm... do something at the end of Super Mario Advance 2. Hmmmm...

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 07:10:12 PM »
What?!

-------
Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 09:30:55 AM »
You know, at the end, when you get all the secret exits, and then Luigi throws the masks out of the hot air balloon.

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2002, 12:38:05 PM »
Oh.

-------
Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2002, 09:08:07 PM »
There are a lot of Mario and Zelda links.  Remember the picture of Mario and Co. in Zelda.  There is also that statue from SM64.  classicgaming.com says: "Strange Sign Copying
A seemingly harmless hint sign in Goron's Cave has something strange about it. First of all, it's not like the other signs, in that it's written on a stone tablet. Now if you zoom in close to this sign you can read something along the lines of "L is real star", only it's very blurry. There is more text underneath, but it is too small and blurry to make out easily. This EXACT sign texture appeared in flagship title Super Mario 64, underneath the star statue in Peach's garden. A strange link indeed."
I saw a picture of it once, but can't find it now.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2002, 12:06:36 AM »
For the almost thirtyith fuc­king time, the plaque says "An eternal star for happiness".

-------
Arguing your minds to mush since August 27th, 2001.

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2002, 10:38:29 AM »
The blocks in the first dungeon of the original Zelda are the same sprites as the underground unbreakable blocks on Smb1.

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman
Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

Print