Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Advance 4  (Read 5191 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2002, 12:17:00 PM »
"Waddle_Dedede is back. Oh dearie me."

What a nice guy you are, Chupperson.

My 'welcome' aside, does anybody here actually think Nintendo will ever make a classic-style 2D Mario platformer ever again? I'm sure we all want them to, but they don't appear particularly willing at present.

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2002, 11:03:23 PM »
Gah! It's like I always say... when you try to be serious, people think you're being sarcastic. When you try to make a joke, everyone takes it seriously. I can't stand it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2002, 09:25:00 PM »
why are all the mario platformer games for gameboy advance remakes of old stuff,
are to freaking dumb to make a new 2d game? Gee-osh!!!

<marquee>Do marquees work in you r signature?</marquee>
Do marquees work in you r signature?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2002, 10:07:28 PM »
Not dumb, lazy.
At any rate, I like the SMAs because otherwise I'm stuck on a console (or PC) and can't still play when I have to leave.
That's why I'm getting Rockman & Forte for GBA.

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2002, 09:21:58 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best-selling freaking game of all freaking time. Nintendo would be stupid not to rerelease it. I love SMB3! I have two copies for NES. Unfortunately, my NES is on extended vacation and Gamecube or N64 can't replace SMB3.

I'm the New Guy! (Signed up DEc. 07, 2002)
I'm the New Guy! (Signed up DEc. 07, 2002)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2002, 03:31:01 PM »
Sorry for my presence, I am merely bumping all the relevant topics above these annoying pictures (Half of which don't work).

Don't mind me.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2002, 10:28:55 PM »
g
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2002, 01:14:10 AM »
Well if I'm not mistaken, they confirmed both SMA4 and 5.  I'm almost positive SMA4 will be a port of SMB3, as for SMA5 I have no idea.  What I would like to think is that SMA5 will be a brand-new Mario sidescroller that's been in development since the GBA itself and they didn't want to reveal it because then fans would get impatient.  But realistically, I don't see that happening.  I hope it's not Yoshi's Story because that's not a true Mario game and to be honest, I think it's a pretty lousy game.

But yeah, I'd love to see an SMB3, and it would be awesome if there were "lost levels."  Did they really leave some out?  I remember seeing a picture of a grassy level with Para-Beetles, is that one of them?  But I would like an entire "Super Players" version of the game.  I just hope they don't tinker with the existing levels like they did in SMA1.

Oh and a port of SMRPG would be awesome too! That game is amazing and very underappreciated.  And I think that's a game that would actually benefit from adding voices.  I'm glad Square and Nintendo are on good terms again.  Maybe this means we'll get to see more of Mallow and Geno.  Of course, what I'd REALLY like is for the two of them to collaborate on a true sequel to SMRPG for the GCN.  Paper Mario was good in its own right but it just doesn't do it for me like SMRPG did.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2002, 01:22:23 AM »
Where did you get the information about SMA4 and 5? I'd love to know more.
As for the lost levels of SMB3, I actually have a hacked ROM of it where someone put the levels that were hidden in the ROM in a playable map. I can put the ROM up for download if you want to see. There's like 100 or so thet weren't included originally. They're pretty cool too, and I don't see why they were left out.

"Thus has it ever been! Thus shall it ever be!"
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2002, 09:50:03 AM »
Well I don't really have much info about SMA4 and 5, I just remember reading somewhere that both games were confirmed.

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2002, 03:07:44 PM »
I know they are going to re-release Super Mario Bros. 3, but just because they are, doesn't mean it will be a Super Mario Advance game.  I mean, that was the best Mario game ever, and maybe they don't want to sort of put it on with Mario Bros. in Mario's classics.  Maybe they got better plans for it.  As for Yoshi's Story, it's not a bad game, just kind of easy and not really a Mario game, but it does follow Yoshi's Island which was a Mario Advance game.  But, I don't find the means of releasing SMW and SMW2 before SMB3.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2002, 10:58:39 PM »
I don't know why they would treat SMB3 any different than the other Mario remakes. They didn't do anythng special to it in SMAS.
I firmly believe SMA4 will be SMB3.

"Thus has it ever been! Thus shall it ever be!"
That was a joke.

Print