Print

Author Topic: Is this place dead?  (Read 2723 times)

« on: November 16, 2002, 02:32:43 PM »
... only 2 topics... where is everyone?

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 02:44:15 PM »
This board USED to be very alive. But now another Mario board's lure has reduced this one to around only 4 active members.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2002, 02:58:12 PM »
I noticed. I took the libery to read through the happinings around this place :) I'm an oldschool member. I came back under this name. I'm not surprised this place is still in a huge flamewar. O well. I read up on the new events and have a good understanding of what's finishing this place off. The code wars. lol. Sounds like Star Wars. Clone Wars. lol. O well. I am takeing intrest in watching this place fall apart. But I never expected it to do so SOOOOOOOO quickly. I remember this used to be an extreemly lively place. Now it is dead. MUCH more than I anticipated. I thought about trying to start a self goverment between all the members that knew code. A law that would garantee that it's only used for good. Then we could selfgovern ourselfs because Deezer doesn't govern us. But alas. This place is long dead. lol. I should have said something when I had the chance. Maybee if I told everyone the cold truth that there is no rules and we have to be on our own maybee they would have listened. Maybee they would have put together some law. They probably would have told me to shutup. lol. O well. I see now it's LONG dead. Do you have any ideas on how to get fan's back? It would be nice if this was a lively place again. It's sad that frostbite left :'( Who is left anyway? If you all want to try to establish order and try to atrackt fans back tell me. I might want to help. It's fun watching this place fall apart... but it would be funner to see it come alive again. So... do you think it's posable to save it?

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2002, 03:20:57 PM »
The "self-government" you talk about most likely will not happen. What do you think the "Society of the Forum Secret Keepers" was supposed to be about, and it even made more destruction in the boards! Everyone was driven away to another board because of how simple and how easy to hack it is, as well as the basically dead moderator.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2002, 03:43:14 PM »
Well... this is our last chance. I don't want to leave this place without giving it the old school try. Maybee my ideal of a council rather than a hidden inforcer will work.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2002, 09:12:36 PM »
Hmm... After Frostbite left, it got worse.
But IF YOU WILL SO KINDLY NOTICE, there seem to be old members coming back. There are more topics being replied to than in recent times. Just wait for a while... it'll come together again.

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2002, 09:14:29 PM »
OH... and it REALLY got worse when the dumb TUNMB guys came to advertise... which is CLEARLY stated as a violation of the rules. They did a major disservice to the forums.

Ooh Heh
Ooh Heh
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2002, 10:29:27 AM »
I'm only trying to make sure the break up doesn't happen again. I think your right about the peopel coeming back. But I think Grimsack or someone else like him will come back and start another flame war. Then this will ALL happen again. If a goverment is inforced we can do the closes thing to banning the person. Haveing the code holders delete theior every post and topic till they leave. But with a goverment the code holders can't do anything until there is a fair trial. This way the person can defend himself or have other's defend him. Then we have a fair vote and if he is convicted as guilty the codeholders can act. This way a flame war doesn't get started and it won't slide downhill from there.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2002, 02:02:16 PM »
Good day,
I will be able to control the Fungi Military, AKA anti-spam group.  My plan of action is confidential, but it will work against evil b*st*rds like Gr*ms*ck or X*z*r.  Hint: it includes public humiliation.

LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2002, 02:47:57 PM »
This is why I sugested a goverment. Your methods are just continueing the FlameWar. It won't work and it will only break up this place again. Grimsack should have had a fair trial. Then if convicted guilty driven out with code. Your methods are obsolite and are what distroyed this forum. If you want to help get this place working again plz sign the Mushroom Kingdom Compact and we can set up a senate to govern this forum with.

Edited by - SmileyWormChip8 on 11/17/2002 12:53:37 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2002, 10:52:32 PM »
I don't believe that's quite what we need here. Let the people talk, be tolerant, THEN if they get worse or something, just say something. Kindness works SO much better than brute force like what has been suggested here.
That was a joke.

Print