Print

Author Topic: Nintendo's run out of ideas.  (Read 2534 times)

« on: November 18, 2003, 08:22:49 AM »
You know what,I thimk the big N has run out of Mario ideas.They have great ideas for Game Boy Advance,but not for GC.The only Mario games you really hear about and see now are only multi-player.I'm not dissing Nintendo just because they only have multi-player,but they could atleast try harder.I don't get how they can run out of ideas now considering the fact that the've had so many great ideas up to N64.Right now,all they make are remakes of MP's and all that stuff.I know that I can't really blame Nintendo knowing that there are criminal violence and junk now and thats what people like.Actually,I don't know what happened.I mean,N64 was always like that,with games like Conkers Bad Fur Day,Duke Nukem and all that other junk I hate.But they can't give up on Mario now!There are still major fans,like us that'll support Nintendo all the way.Well,what do yall think?

Hey everyone,PS2 SUCKS![Notice the capital "S" in PS2 SUCKS because PS2 SUCKS!Also notice the capital letters in PS2 SUCKS!because PS2 SUCKS!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 09:33:24 AM »
Killa of PS2...

Soooooooooooo naive...

Shigeru Miyamoto is already workin' on a new Super Mario platform adventure game tentavily titled Super Mario 128, and not much info on this game because Nintendo mentioned that it will have something never seen in any Super Mario ever, in which they mean to keep a secret until the time is ripe!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 12:40:38 PM »
Who cares if they've run out of ideas?  I mean, of course I would love to see something new and original from the magical Miyamoto, but the fact is Nintendo has had so many great ideas already, revolutionizing and in some cases inventing so many different genres, that I would be perfectly satisfied if they just dished out more of the same.  I actually wish they would make more 2D Mario games, even if they were essentially exactly the same as previous ones (but with new levels), because the design works!  I'm tempted to buy SMA4:SMB3 just for the new e-reader levels, but I just can't bring myself to buy an e-reader, another GBA and a link cable.

Edited by - Hirocon on 11/18/2003 10:41:20 AM

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 03:53:23 PM »
Run out of ideas?!

Just because Nintendo doesn't crank out a Mario game for GC every 6 months doesn't mean they've run out of ideas.
I prefer that they don't, I value the game's quality over how fast they produce it, and a wait of 3 years or so for a sequel isn't that bad.
(Matrix Reloaded was released 4 years after it's prequel, and LoZ: Ocarina of Time took 5!{not counting Link's Awakening})

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 05:58:54 PM »
Actually, sometimes it feels like they DO crank out another game for gc every six months. But of course, it's only to tide us over till the big one comes up.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 06:22:34 PM »
I personally like when Nintendo doesn't release a new "fresh" game for a while, as it gives me time to really play the one before it.

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused!
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 11:31:38 PM »
You're forgetting Metroid Prime, which skipped a system entirely and came out years after Super Metroid.  And it's one of the best games to date for GameCube.  I don't mind the wait either, if the next big thing really is big...the anticipation is often more fun than actually having the game...but I don't think Super Mario Sunshine was really that big a leap from Super Mario 64.  They're basically the same, which I don't mind (they're both fun), but I think Sunshine could have come out sooner.

Edited by - Hirocon on 11/18/2003 9:32:03 PM

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 12:11:30 AM »
Anyone who thinks that Nintendo has no new ideas should go play Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga right away.

I’m not stupid, I’m LD.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2003, 01:06:37 AM »
Killa of PS2: The living incongruity.

Nothing says lovin’ like Chupperson from the oven.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2003, 10:11:32 PM »
Im happy with MKDD!! right now. And hopefully Mario Tennis 2 wont come out until late next year for reasons:

1.You barely have time for the other games.
2.Money is needed.
3.Running out of room.
4.When they release a new system al GC games will be played less.

------------------------------
I see dead people!......Wait No! That''s my reflection in the mirror.
------------------------------
"Smash anyone and anything that gets in your way!"-Falco, Star Fox: Assault

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2003, 03:45:23 PM »
Hmm... seems like Killa of PS2 is running out of ideas for meaningless threads.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2003, 03:50:03 PM »
Nintendo is far from running out of ideas. Last time I checked, they're hard at work at some other new system.

DO THE DR. MARIO!

Print