Print

Author Topic: SMK VS MK64 VS MK:SC VS MK:DD!!  (Read 2306 times)

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« on: November 24, 2003, 06:59:32 AM »
Recently, in GameNOW magizine, they asked which one do you think is the best Mario Kart game, Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart: Super Circuit or the latest one, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. Anywho, I'm asking you guys. Heres mine in order:

1.Mario Kart 64
2.Mario Kart: Super Circuit
3.Super Mario Kart

Of coarse, I can't say Mario Kart: Double Dash, because I never played it yet, but I will be getting it for Christmas.

---------------------------------------------

Luigi hated it when he craped his pants. Boo!
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 09:25:49 AM »
Wow, good thread. I'll get back to you as soon as I play DD!!.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 10:27:52 AM »
I like Super Circuit.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 04:09:27 PM »
I don't care what anyone says, Mario Kart 64 is the best, and SMK is the least greatest.  MKSC falls into the middle and I can't really speak for DD yet.

Edited by - Baby Wayoshette on 11/24/2003 2:11:22 PM

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 06:11:18 PM »
Well, I've played DD, and here's my MK order, best to worst.

1. Mario Kart 64
2. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
3. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
4. Super Mario Kart

First, lemme say that Double Dash is great.  I've played it for many hours even though it's only been a week since it was released.  It's very, very well done, but it certainly lacked in track design, it didn't have the "Quick Run" like Super Circuit did - the Balloon Battle mode wasn't half as good as 64, either.  I liked the new Shine Steal mode addition a lot though - I also liked the variety of Special Items - one per character.  I really did enjoy all the unlockables, ESPECIALLY the new Wario track.  Babies Mario and Luigi had HORRIBLE voices, but you get used to that...I'd rate the music at about 7/10 - it's good, but tends to use the same theme a lot, and the synth could be better - it also takes time to get used to the whistling in EVERY SINGLE SONG.  The credits theme is a nice mix of that main Double Dash theme and the credits theme of 64.  It's hard to say which is better between 64 and Double Dash, because they both lack in some areas, and yet are both SO great in many areas.

I mean what I mean, but if you know what I mean, how can you mean what I mean - y'know what I mean?

MAAAAARIO WHERE AAAAARE YOU??

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 06:13:54 PM »
Well, I can't say much about Double Dash. I only played it's demo once at Gamestop. It was really, really fun.

Personally, I have the most fond memories with MK64, then Super circuit than the original. But they are all great.

DO THE DR. MARIO!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 06:24:31 PM »
Actually, they don't whistle in every song. They don't for a fact for the star music, that being one of my favorites. It has Pianta Village SFX thrown in there.

About Baby Mario & Baby Luigi's voice... it didn't bother me. Sounded like them at a young age to me.

The tracks were just fine, IMO. They got harde and longer as you progressed in the game. No problem here.

MK:DD was the most awesome of the SMK series, IMO. I haven't played MK:SS yet for I don't have a GBA SP yet. Might get one for Christmas, though.

I wouldn't say best to WORST games like some people have done because none of them were horrible, so:

Most likely to play to Least likely to play-

MK:DD
SMK64
SMK

Trainman- Train Horn Man <--- I''m with stupid.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 07:38:40 PM »
I have all but Double Dash. And I think my favorite is...gee it's hard to choose. But I'll have to go with Super Circuit. Personally, I think the MK64 graphics could've been WAY better. There's just one thing that bugs me. There are hardly any battle courses! I mean, battles are fun! Heck, they're tons of fun! I need more courses, more multiplayer action! (It would be so neat if Super Circuit had battle. They should make another on GBA with it.)

Behold the overwhelming power of my signature and bow before me! BOW!
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 07:45:32 PM »
Battles are boring, and Super Circuit does have battles, doesn't it?
I say MKSC is the best, but haven't played MKDD yet.

Nothing says lovin’ like Chupperson from the oven.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 11/24/2003 5:49:52 PM
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2003, 05:11:06 PM »
Chupperson, once you play MK:DD, you'll definitely change your mind.

Trainman- Train Horn Man <--- I''m with stupid.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print