Print

Author Topic: I realized something...  (Read 2445 times)

« on: November 15, 2000, 08:33:49 PM »
Of all the levels in M64, the ones I play most are the Bowser stages. I've always thoguht they were the best because they didn't involve all of these star stuff. Am I the only one who thinks that it would be neat to see a 3D Mario game where they're just stages, not mini-worlds? Or am I missing something obvious here?

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2000, 10:54:28 PM »
Actually, the Bowser levels were always my favorite too.  They just seem more "classic Mario" style then the rest of the game.  It's how one would expect a 3D version of Mario Bros. 3 or Mario World would play.

The Bowser levels are a very cool and subtle mixture of classic Mario stomp'n'romp gaming with the ever wacky third dimension to make things more interesting.  Sort of a 3d platformer on rails.  The StarFox games are like this too.  Sure, you're in 3d space, but your range of movement is limited.

The inside of the volcano and Rainbow Ride are like that too.  Who knows?  Maybe, if we're lucky, the next 3d Mario game will be set up like the Bowser levels. . .
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2000, 10:55:27 PM »
Actually, the Bowser levels were always my favorite too.  They just seem more "classic Mario" style then the rest of the game.  It's how one would expect a 3D version of Mario Bros. 3 or Mario World would play.

The Bowser levels are a very cool and subtle mixture of classic Mario stomp'n'romp gaming with the ever wacky third dimension to make things more interesting.  Sort of a 3d platformer on rails.  The StarFox games are like this too.  Sure, you're in 3d space, but your range of movement is limited.

The inside of the volcano and Rainbow Ride are like that too.  Who knows?  Maybe, if we're lucky, the next 3d Mario game will be set up like the Bowser levels. . .
Haters gonna hate

Print