Print

Author Topic: Mario on Revolution (not what you think, again)  (Read 7174 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2005, 08:16:10 PM »
They better release it here or I will scream. Actually, my brothers got a PS2 and I only use it to play DDR Extreme (whcih I'm better at it than I thought I would be, but only up to light). We'll finally see how Mario gets his groove on.

Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 04:29:41 PM »
Japanese pad picture

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 1/19/2005 2:31:47 PM

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2005, 05:48:40 PM »
Hmmm...interesting that the pad has A, B, Start and Z buttons, but no X, Y, L or R.  L and R would be hard to implement, because they are analog buttons, but why not X and Y?  There's plenty of room for them at the bottom of the pad...they would just have to move the warning messages that no one ever reads to the back of the pad.  Oh well.

Do you suppose that the direction arrows correspond to the analog stick directions or to the D-Pad directions?  I would guess that the arrows correspond to the D-Pad, since the D-Pad is already digital, but I hope that the arrows correspond to the analog stick.  That way, you could use the pad to play other GameCube games!  Smash Smash Revolution, anyone?  Even without the X, Y, L, R, and D-Up buttons, playing SSBM on a DDR pad would be crazily fun.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2005, 12:44:24 AM »
BTW, L & R have both analog and digital values.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2005, 10:58:56 PM »
IGN has two new DDR w/ Mario videos.

The Japanese pads look cheap.  I hope there is a way to use my PS2 Red Octane style DDR pads on the Cube.

Edited by - Luigison on 1/22/2005 9:03:43 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2005, 12:28:14 AM »
A friend of mine thinks it is a stupid idea, for some reason.

He is a Nintendo fan, but he thinks the regular DDR is better.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2005, 01:46:12 AM »
Well, you could always use one of those PS2/GameCube control adaptors.  Presumably there'd be no problem, as all you'd need would be the directions.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2005, 02:26:32 AM »
In my experience, playing non-DDR games with dance pads always turns out way more stupid than it seems at first.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2005, 09:38:13 AM »
What if they made a Wario Ware game for the dance pad?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2005, 11:13:25 AM »
Wow, I didn't know people liked dancing games so much.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2005, 11:19:34 AM »
I can't imagine the song selection being much better than Donkey Konga.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2005, 12:19:33 PM »
I hope that, since this game is being made by Nintendo AND Konami, rather than just Nintendo, Konami will knock some sense into Nintendo and put some good songs into the game.  And a large number of songs, and a wide difficulty range.  And some good features, too, such as a dance move editor, an endless/exercise mode, etc.  The PS2 versions got all of these features, and there's no reason why the GC version shouldn't, also.  But I fear that Nintendo may count on Mario's presense in the game to sell the game, and thus not put any decent production value into the game.  This may be the only DDR game ever to grace the GameCube, so they had better do it right!

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2005, 03:58:05 PM »
1. I have utmost faith in Konami. They successfully made DDR Disney Mix very cool, which could have been very lame. The songlist for the PS2 Extreme seemed very lame. Then I played it, and Konami had once again made that songlist into something very cool. DDR with Mario will be very cool.

2. The drum game for PS2 that Namco made that controlled almost exactly like Donkey Konga was filled with a cool DDR-style songlist. Funny how that worked.

3. Once an official dance pad is actually out for GCN, I have a feeling that all future DDR versions (non-Mario) will come out for Cube too.

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2005, 05:25:45 PM »
Will it have "The Cube"?

DDR lives on past Extreme.  Will future arcade versions come out?  Those were just rumors, right?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2005, 09:32:13 PM »
I actually not a fan of dance music, but DRR is so much more than just listening to music.  Are there any other dance pad games besides DDR?

I haven't heard any Mario/Nintendo music in DDR with Mario.  Is/will there be any?  I hope so.  It would also be cool if they added Mario/Nintendo sounds for the different dance pad buttons like they did in Donkey Konga.

The only DDR game I have is Extreme.  When I bought it I thought it had We Will Rock you in it, but it doesn't (that I found).  Do any of the DDR versions have rock or nondance songs?

Print