Print

Author Topic: Mario on Revolution (not what you think, again)  (Read 7151 times)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2005, 12:44:50 AM »
I watched the vids on IGN, and there is definitely Mario music in the game.  That's sort or the whole point, isn't it?  One of the four videos had a (quite good, thankfully) remix of the music from Super Mario Brothers 2 (the same tune that's in SSBM).  According to IGN, the game also features some rendition of the original Super Mario Brothers theme, but I didn't recognize it in any of the videos.  One of the videos had a (not so good, unfortunately) version of Bizet's Les Toreadors part I from Carmen, and another had a decent version of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, so the game won't feature only Nintendo music.  I happy about that, because as much as I love Nintendo music, I also appreciate variety.

I know of one other dance game for GameCube.  It is called MC Groovz danceCraze, it features a dance pad, and it is currently released in the US.  However, it was published by MadCatz, a company that has never made software before (to the best of my knowledge) and is notorious for making poor quality hardware.  Somehow I'm guessing MC Groovz isn't all that hot.  IGN hasn't even bothered to review it.

Edited by - Hirocon on 1/23/2005 11:14:34 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2005, 12:36:52 PM »
Has Nintendo released any more info on DDR w/ Mario? (I didn't find anything new.)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2005, 12:50:48 PM »
I've tried that MadCatz dancing game. Wow, it stinks. It stinks with a capital STINKS.

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2005, 01:48:16 PM »
If this awesomely awesome game does come to America I look forward to seeing what kind of commercial they make for it.  Maybe people in big Mario costumes dancing down the street? Plumbers dancing in houses?  Whatever it is it will be hilarious x 50.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.  But I think we can all agree that Mario rules and that''s a fact!
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2005, 09:17:24 PM »
I cant read the font :(

Break me...I dare you.
Break me...I dare you.

Print