Print

Author Topic: Ok, Well, This is Very Stupid and Sucks...  (Read 3605 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: March 12, 2005, 11:39:34 PM »
My computer got a virus.

We had to delete everything.

We had to run an old Windows XP CD to get the base of it back and we are missing settings that came with XP off the showroom floor from the store.

Everything. is. gone.

All the time I spent; all the things I did with it. Gone.

I don't know if it has remembered my usernames to anything.

Winamp and its mods are gone. IRC is gone. Media Player is gone. My music is gone. My videos are gone. My everything is gone.

Our computer is back to everything stock.

This sucks so bad especially on dial-up, but I don't care. I'm just gonna get on to use AIM, MSN messenger, Yahoo messenger, etc. and that's it. I've done so much to this computer to where it was the best thing to do when bored now it's stupid...

...and my finger is like coming off prematurely when it's supposed to come off in like.. three months.

Uuuuuuuuuuuugggghhhhh.................

"Yesterday... when I`m smaller... I wanna fight that Mario the day before yesterday."
Formerly quite reasonable.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 12:30:23 AM »
OUCH! Your computer got served, and your finger needs to be amputated?! Good grief! That's horrible! I can't begin to comprehend such a catastrophe--so, I offer you my complete sympathy. Not a lot to be exchanged online, but I suppose I could help you in some areas. Whatever you might think of. Seriously, that's... Man. Horrible. I think... I think I'll back up my files tomorrow. Man.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 02:29:01 AM »
non nnononononononono

It's not being amputated. I cut half the tip off vertically. It didn't hit the none but it missed it by literally a millimeter before it curved away (the cut, that is) so it like hung off and stuff. I had to wait 8 hours in the ER waiting room before I got my 10 stitches (2 of which went through my nail). He put 4 in, said I was done, then said wait, 1 more, then said I was done again, then said wait, 2 more, etc. etc. etc. It was weird.

I went into a bit of shock a few times. Weird experience... but it didn't hurt. It wasn't numb and it felt less than a papercut. Basically, I just *realized* it was like that over the fact I almost cut it off. every time they exposed to wrap it or whatever I went into a bit of shock. Everything started turning white at the edges working its way in towards the center (like what happens when you lay down for a while and get back up relatively quickly) I felt sort of weak, looked straight ahead, couldn't really do anything, and I could barely speak. The first bit of shock I went into was worse than the rest because I was sweating like crazy, felt a bit warbly on my feet, and I had a random urge to cry. Not cuz it hurt cuz I couldn't even feel it really, but I just wanted to. Maybe I was thinking about if my finger wouldn't be able to stay on my body....

"Yesterday... when I`m smaller... I wanna fight that Mario the day before yesterday."

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 07:52:58 AM »
When did this finger thing happen? If recently, then how the crap are you typing all this?!?

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 08:37:46 AM »
Ouch! Did I miss something?  How did your finger get cut?

I know what you mean about "shock".  I went into shock once.  One of my bros. and I took a long 2x6 and centered if over a fallen tree to make a see-saw.  While playing on it I somehow sliped down the 2x6 and got a pencil size splinter longways across the palm of my hand.  When I made it to the house and my mother looked at it to see if she could get it out, I looked at it for the first time and passed out for a second or two.  My mother couldn't do anything and nearly fainted herself.  We went to a nurse that lived nearby.  I assume the nurse took it out, because the next thing I knew it was out.  I must have went into shock/fainted again.

I also know what it's like to lose all your computer programmes and settings.  Bummer.  I had a hard drive stop working once.  I've also upgraded computers several times, but that's much better than simply losing everything.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 10:34:30 AM »
Whew, it's not being amputated. When you said it needed to come off... Frightening pictures of my first aid training came back.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 12:28:41 PM »
I used to have an extra tooth that shouldn't be there, and when the root died anyway, I went to get it pulled but I must have gone into shock too, because I don't remember anything ...oh wait, that was the valuum.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 01:02:23 PM »
WTD is "Valuum?" Some sort of anesthetic?

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 01:07:25 PM »
....Valium, maybe?

When I had a baby tooth that refused to come out removed, they just used some normal anesthetic...

....I forget which...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 01:28:58 PM »
Actually, I suspected that. And I doubt any doctor would give their patient that.

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2005, 03:56:20 PM »
I pity you.
Our computer was killed in a storm once, and we lost everything, but our new computer was MUCH better.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 09:42:55 PM »
Wow, it must be awful to have everything on your computer erased - and to have something like that happen to your finger. Sorry to hear about that, man.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2005, 10:36:40 PM »
that happened to me before, after four months of owning it, my harddrive crashed, and I lost all my stuff (and I had a lot), so now I back all my stuff up on cd RWs monthly.  But I do a lot of downloading music, movies, games, etc., so it's my own fault, but i'll never stop.  but viruses aren't hard to get rid of, sometimes i have up to 50 at once, but they're easy to get rid of.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005, 10:48:11 PM »
> How did your finger get cut?

Did I miss something?

Edited by - Luigison on 3/14/2005 8:48:31 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2005, 12:17:45 AM »
I was working on my old bike and need to shave up the frame a bit to clear the brake housing and the lock blade failed, amazingly, and *swipe* went the blade. I was putting pressure on it when I was shaving it so when it failed and came back up I couldn't rear back so that's why it went like all the way through.

Alas, I'm back in the loop. It has been just over a month since this happened... felt more like a week and a half ago, but man, time flies sometimes. I have two months to go before we see anything healing all the way and the black stuff coming off.

Print