Print

Author Topic: SMA4:SMB3 series 3 & 4 e-Reader cards, e-Worlds, power-ups  (Read 3240 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: July 04, 2005, 04:07:13 PM »
Were any of the Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 series 3 and/or 4 e-Reader cards released anywhere?

Is there any way (Action Replay codes, GameShark codes, Saves,  Dot Code Maker, etc.) to get more than 44 coins, unlock the other two mushroom houses, get the boom-a-rang or other power-ups, get more e-World levels or minigames, or do anything else not available in the series 1 and 2 cards.

Cards that I know exist:
http://www.vidgame.net/NINTENDO/ereader/mario3.html

---
Play Nintendo!   Everything else is just a game.  I’m now taking volunteers for playNintendo.net.  Reporters, webmasters, designers, graphic artists, and Flash programmers needed.  Email me with a sample of your work.

Edited by - Luigison on 7/4/2005 3:15:48 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 07:12:01 PM »
They discontinued e-Reader cards not long after Super Mario Advance 4, if I recall correctly.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 04:09:12 AM »
> Were any of the Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 series 3 and/or 4 e-Reader cards released anywhere?

No, and I am quite certain of it.  Also note that vidgame.net is affiliated with perhaps the most active and completist video game collectors around.  I happen to know the webmaster often collaborates and cross-checks with the hundreds of forum members.

Your PAR question is interesting, though.  Doesn't Nintendo uphold that e-Reader cards have the data on them, and that it would be impossible to unlock the data on the cart because there is none?  Or was this proven false?

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 12:24:44 AM »
The SMA4 cart would have to have a decent amount of memory for storing the extra levels, if so.

"I think he will carry this island home in his pocket, and give it his son for an apple."
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 01:03:37 AM »
I think that the level maps are on the cards, but most if not all the sprites, sounds, and music are on the cart.  Otherwise you would probably have to scan multiple cards for a single level.

---
Play Nintendo!   Everything else is just a game.  I’m now taking volunteers for playNintendo.net.  Reporters, webmasters, designers, graphic artists, and Flash programmers needed.  Email me with a sample of your work.

Edited by - Luigison on 7/6/2005 12:06:34 AM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 02:37:47 AM »
Definitely.  Also, I always imagined item cards as having some sprite data with a parameterized description of how Mario's state is affected; otherwise, I can't explain the cape--unless the cape's available on the cartridge, that is.

But I've never played the game, so for all I know the cape is just like the raccoon tail.  I thought it would be SMW style, though...

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 08:39:37 PM »
The cape works just like in SMW.

I am SO disappointed about the other cards not being released... But at least I have Series 1 and 2, and they're quite good anyway.

Edited by - smfan1085 on 7/6/2005 7:40:53 PM
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Print