Print

Author Topic: MARIO ANIME !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  (Read 3444 times)

« on: July 09, 2005, 02:02:48 PM »
http://smbis.nescentral.com/commentary/marioanime2.htm

Not only is there a Mario Anime, but Mario with
 a gun and a cross-dressing Bowser!

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 02:32:24 PM »
Huh. I guess I was wrong.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 02:56:06 PM »
That put weird images in my head

YOSHIS RULE
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 08:11:18 PM »
This anime looks better than the DiC crap we got stuck with.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 08:47:21 PM »
When I saw "Mario Anime", I was thinking of a thin Mario with big eyes and an open mouth that had no chin, but stopped at the bottom lip.  I think I mean Japanimation.

Instead, these look so much like the video game art.  I wish we had this cartoon.  Except maybe they shouldn't include men dressing as queens and no guns and no strictly reenacting old folk tales.  Although "Mario with a gun" could really be jazzed up to something cool... er, but violent.  sorry.

I better cut you off here, taking an overdose of Markio can be dangerous.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 09:08:52 PM »
I don't like the whole gun thing. I wish Mario used his jumping power and not some stupid weapon. The story line is messed up too. That's just not the Mario I know and love.

I'm a-Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 11:04:38 PM »
The magical mallet should have been changed to a super mushroom or something.. Teehee
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 11:20:23 PM »
You know, I want to believe this is true but at the same time it feels fake since no other Mario site has ever seen nor heard of this. But from the looks and sounds of it, It sounds just like DiC's series, except with better animation.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 09:40:58 AM »
Maybe Hope N Forever would know, I saw his fanart on this site.  I loved the Yoshi bedtime picture.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 09:44:31 AM »
Though Bowser doesn't look like a crocodile.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2005, 02:36:16 PM »
Why does the Mario with a gun surprise people so much?  It looks like a Super Scope, and guess who carries a Super Scope on Yoshi's back in Yoshi's Safari...  Guess who uses a Super Scope-based gun in the movie...

Oh, and it's real... did you bother checking out the source links?  Some of the anime episodes are still for sale in Japan.

Edited by - MegaByte on 7/10/2005 1:40:13 PM

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005, 06:16:21 PM »
The koopalings in anime look nomral to me, but those pictures were super-cool.

"I could never get the hang of Thursadys." Arthur Dent-The Hitchhiker''s Guide to the Galaxy
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2005, 07:03:19 PM »
Yeah, an inch-high baby...with a mustache.  Peach:  "Oh, wow!  Look turtle grandparents, look!  A baby going through puberty!"

"Lord Bowser, do you like egg salad?" ~ Kammy Koopa - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005, 10:15:19 PM »
I must say, I definitely would've liked the American cartoons a lot better had they have been animated by these people instead of DiC Entertainment's laziest staff. At least these people get the designs right.
However, the way Mario acts in these OVAs kinda scares me. It's not the gun I'm talking about, although I do think it would've been more in-character had he have been equipped with a Fire Flower; it's the way he beats Bowser in the "Issunboshi" installment that scares me. Poking at the interior of his stomach with a sharp needle? Egad! That's a horrible way to be killed, even for King Koopa! I'm practically glad Bowser spat him out before Mario could do even worse to him. Hopefully, he's not gonna try that again.
Interestingly, it seems that even in Japan, Mario's animated appearances have a knack of featuring stuff he had yet to do in the games. The "Momotaro" one has him travelling with a bunch of characters who would regularly be enemies, like in the Paper Mario games.

Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

Print